Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Defying gravity

Re: New Animal Kingdom Dining Option.

I work at DAK and this is the first I'm hearing of this. So this dining option certainly is not being publicized well.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I work at DAK and this is the first I'm hearing of this. So this dining option certainly is not being publicized well.
    This could be a trial run before they open it up for full publicity...They have done similar things with FastPass, soft openings of attractions, etc.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Occasional Reader

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Off topic but for the record..
    TDL and TDS have their own picnic areas out front by the gates at both parks, where you can bring your own foot, eat, hang out, read a book, watch grown office ladies wearing Disney ears and plushes, rest and look for hidden Mickeys in within the picnic area's surroundings.
    Bring your own foot ??? I'll be bringing 2...sorry couldn't resist.

I quite like the idea, picnics have a nostalgic element to them. The Idea of a picnic always has an appeal, the problem is the preperation is a pain in the backside, which has been solved. The idea of a reusable bag is good as it ticks several boxes. It's an environmental, Free souvenir all in one !

*Ok so you pay in the cost, but you'd have to pay for a container anyway, so people will see it as free, and feel they are doing their bit, because it will get used a couple of times before ending up in a land fill.

Where do you work?

I miss working Kali... Best. Summer. Ever.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Here's a review from all ears....

... from Diane Gonzalez: I read on Tuesday about Picnic in the Park at Animal Kingdom and we went there on Wednesday, April 8. After checking out the leaflet we decided to order the Tier 1 Sandwiches basket for 5. The ham grinder and turkey focaccia were a hit, the chicken wrap was just so-so. There was plenty of food for the five of us (three kids from 11-17). We got the mac and cheese, fruit salad and tomato and cucumber salad. We had the cookie (chocolate chip), brownie (kind of gooey and undercooked) and rice krispy treat. The waters are the small, 12 oz. bottles. I was going to buy the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund bag anyway, and I got one with the lunch. There were several people picking up their baskets at the Kusafari Coffee Shop & Bakery when we were. When we placed our order earlier in the day, we were told not to wait in the line at the bakery, to just go directly up to the window and show them the pink copy of the order we had placed. I felt kind of funny about doing that, but the way the line is set up there, you don't have to push in front of people, they are placing their bakery order away from the window. All of your condiments, napkins, plates and utensils are provided. Also in the bag is a very small map of Animal Kingdom with spots marked where you can take your picnic. The map is so small, you can't tell exactly where these places are, so you have to guess. Several families did as we did and went to the other side of Tusker House and sat at some tables there. It was the closest place nearby and we didn't want to go too far, but there were some locations in all of the different lands. Overall, the Picnic in the Park seems to be a good deal and a nice way for a family to eat lunch in Animal Kingdom.
    I REALLY want to eat at Pizzafari again but I just mgiht get talked into doing this...
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Just read online that the order location has changed to just outside of Island Mercantile, and that the picnic now offers meals for 2!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• I was deleted.

It should of been. It also counts as adult QSR on the Disney Dining Plan.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    This could be a trial run before they open it up for full publicity...They have done similar things with FastPass, soft openings of attractions, etc.
    There was a test phase of this for Cast Members. Tier one includes sandwiches and tier two is rotisserie chicken or ham. Each picnic includes one dessert of choice and bottle of water per Guest. The amount of sides you get varies depending upon how many the picnic is for. Nearly everything comes from the Tusker House Restaurant or the bakery, except for the sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Just read online that the order location has changed to just outside of Island Mercantile, and that the picnic now offers meals for 2!
    Correct, the location changed about two weeks ago. Guests may place orders there or at the bakery by Tusker House. The pick up time is an hour and half later in Africa and along with food, utensils, and the bag is a map that includes the newly added pinic areas. A vegetarian option is also quite new to the tier one.

• Diamond Edition

I am surprised that DisneyPrincess4590 hadn't heard of it. They have a sign for it at the entrance of the park after you go through the turnstiles.

They recently changed it a little bit. They used to only offer it to a minimum of three people, but now they let you do it as a party of 2. I hope to do it next time I go.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I am surprised that DisneyPrincess4590 hadn't heard of it. They have a sign for it at the entrance of the park after you go through the turnstiles.

They recently changed it a little bit. They used to only offer it to a minimum of three people, but now they let you do it as a party of 2. I hope to do it next time I go.
    Well it was over 2 months ago when she posted that LOL.

YOYOFLAMINGO did mention that they have meals for 2 now. I think when we go we will get this for lunch
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Next time I go to AK I'm going to try this.

• Diamond Edition

My bad. I should have looked at the date of her post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123