• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

One day in Orlando, What to do.

I will have one day that I can spend in Orlando in mid November. I have never been to WDW before, but I have been to DL in calif many times. One thing I would love to do is ride Expedition Everest. Is Anmial Kingdom a good park to spend the whold day at?

Test track at Epcot looks very good, and it looks like Epcot has more things to do for a full day than AK. Any info from WDW experts would be most helpfull. Its sad that my time is so limited there but I can fly in on a Friday from Calif and I need to be in Tampa sometime Sunday A.M.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Re: One day in Orlando, What to do.

I love DAK, but to get the most bang for your buck I recommend EPCOT Center. DAK closes early and it doesn't have a "nighttime spectacular". EPCOT Center will give you plenty to explore and do.

• Not here to help

IŽd go for a few hours at DAK and then the rest of the day at Epcot.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

DAK isn't a full day, per se...in that it doesn't have a nighttime reason to be there, since it closes early. Do you have to drive back to Tampa? If that is the case and the night totally isn't your own, choose DAK.

However, EPCOT has more to do and if you can have lunch in one country and dinner in another, you can really get to enjoy the World Showcase. Illuminations is fantastic and easy to catch...but you'll have to endure that long ride back, tired from a day a touring.

That's my take. MK you can probably skip. Hollywood Studios, for me, is a half day park as well, but seems to be getting more and more crowded these days.

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

one choice, and one choice only.............gatorland

• Pilot EdForceOne

honestly? Goto Universal and IOA if you only have one day and can enjoy thrill rides.

If you only had one day and insisted on Disney.. it depends on what types of attractions you prefer..

Shows?
    Thrill Rides?
    strolling?

I'd say DAK gives the best bang for buck for a DL-transplant. But you must be the type that isn't just looking to go from ride to ride. If so, DAK will disappoint. If you are the type that likes to 'take in the sights' and can appreciate edu-tainment.. DAK is a good balence. Has two/three good shows.. has Everest, Rapids, Safari, Its tough to be a bug, Dinosaur... and then hours and hours of animal stuff. It has a bit of everything.

Behind that.. I'd put EPCOT if you enjoy edu-tainment (films, etc). Then DHS if you want more of a ride emphasis.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Just so you know, it's an hour drive from WDW to Tampa.

• Major Havoc

I love DAK, but with the current state of Everest's beleaguered Yeti (the platform that holds him in place is busted so the Yeti is currently in B-Mode - which means he doesn't move), I might hold off until the ride has had a rehab. That said, I agree with the earlier statement that a day at DAK would be a nice change of pace for someone used to DLR. It is especailly nice if you are a fan of zoos like me! Otherwise, EPCOT probably is your best bet - but there is no way to see an do everything at EPCOT in a day.

I also like the suggestion of doing Universal/IOA. While you can't see everything at both Universal parks in a day, you can do all the headliners, and ride their brand new coaster, Rip, Ride, Rockit which opens in May/June. If you stayed the night in a Universal on-property resort, you will get the Universal Express Pass (think Fastpass) with your room key, so crowds will not be an issue.

Lastly, if you are going to be in Tampa anyway, why not go to Busch Gardens Africa? It is a great park with plenty to see and do, and it is right in Tampa. Seems like you would have a swell time.

Whatever you decide - have a great time!
    "We're in the business of telling great stories, and great stories never grow old. In the end, a roller coaster is just a roller coaster." -- Marty Sklar.

• Banned User

I agree that Universal is your best bet for a single day. The two Universal parks are right next to each other (just like the two DLR parks), so you won't waste time commuting between the two. You can hit the best attractions at both parks if you get there at rope drop (whatever you do, don't miss Spider-Man!)

If you have your heart set on Disney, get a park hopper ticket for a day, and start first thing in the morning at Animal Kingdom. When AK closes at night, head over to Epcot. Those two parks have the most rides not available at DLR.

• Sock Puppet

I'd do Epcot but I'm obsessed with that place. It makes for a FULL day as well, you won't run out of stuff to do.

I'm a DL passholder, and I just got back from WDW in December for my first trip. I have to go with Epcot if I only had 1 day, I really loved that park! Especially World Showcase!