Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Wdw What Does The Average Family/person Spend?

All I'm trying to figure out is how much to budget for WDW. It will only be my Wife and I. I really would like to have the spending cash when needed for Dining, I also want to stay in the park. I don't need a rental. I'm going for 10 days to enjoy the experience since I'm not going for while after that. any thoughts on what kind of budget? I already know about Mousesavers.com. But what about other things once I get there, I realize Ican't experince it all, But I'd like to try if It is possible.
    thoughts?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Race Car Driver

How long are you going for?
    Any time I go any where it cost me about $6000.00
    Buy your tickets online its a better deal. After 4 day tickets each day is just a dollar more so 7 days a WDW with a hopper pass is $3 more than 4 days...
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Race Car Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks
    How long are you going for?
    Any time I go any where it cost me about $6000.00
    Buy your tickets online its a better deal. After 4 day tickets each day is just a dollar more so 7 days a WDW with a hopper pass is $3 more than 4 days...

Sorry I see that your going for 10 days.......... I am so rattled this morning.
    There is a mouse in my house and I cant find my mouse machine that you plug into the wall cause we are renovating.....my husband said the mouse probably ate it. So I have my boots on.
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Have you already picked a resort, or are you just looking for a budget on spending for meals and extras?

• The Original Disney Doll

With the new MYW packages/tickets you can pretty much pre-pay everything, even your meals. Go to disneyworld.com and play around with the reservation system. You can price different resorts, different dates and different tix combo to give you a good idea of what it will cost. You don't have to book online to get package quotes and you can even save several quotes so you can go back and look at them to compare.

But as for me, this is how our last trip for 2 in Dec broke down:

Room at POFQ for 5 nights and 2 UPH...$1136.00
    Airfare from San Diego for 2................$ 480.00
    Food and souvenairs..........................$1200.00
    Tiffany Town Car (TTC)......................$100.0
    Total............................................. .$2916.00

I think with the MYW, I could do it for less.

I figure about $50.00 per person per day for food, that's one sit down restaurant and 2 counter service. My souvenair budget is rather high though.

And don't forget to figure how much you may need for tips. There are always misc. things like that that are easy to forget so budget some extra cash for that sort of stuff and it won't hurt your food and fun budget. I spent around $50 just on tips. And I'm not that good of a tipper either.

Also, are you going to anything like a behind the scenes tour, or boat rental, or spa, etc? Figure out before you leave home which of these money costing extra's you want to do (some you need to make ressies and even pay in advance) that way you will know how much you should budget for the "fun extras"
    Last edited by dizneedoll; 02-24-2005 at 01:06 PM.

• Senior Minion

I'm not sure which one to stay at. I'd rather not use any ferries or buses(I hate buses!!) I would like to walk out the door and not have to go to far for a train or Monorail. Ill try the Disney site to price "THEIR" packages. I've heard upwards od 6,000 or more I just want to see it all because who knows when I will go back.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    When we went we spent $4,000 for 7 days/8 nights. But that was during the Pay for 4 Day Get 7 promotion.

With any of the hotels onsite you're going to have to bus or boat to some of the parks. With the MK resorts you can walk(from CR)or monorail to the MK but you have to bus to AK and MGM(can you boat to MGM from a MK resort, not sure). You can monorail switch then monorail to Epcot too.

Epcot resorts you can walk I think from beach club/yacht club to Epcot and maybe MGM(someone correct me if I'm wrong here)but you'd have to use some sort of transportation to MK and AK.

Try going to www.allearsnet.com and look at different pictures of rooms at all the resorts to see what interests you.

I've stayed at Disney Inn(no longer there)All Star Movies(hated it)and Caribbean Beach(LOVED IT)and am hoping to stay at the Poly next trip, but it looks like I"m going to be out voted

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Senior Minion

Wow, Shows what I know. I just hope there isn't to long a wait for the buses.Sounds like I could do it for around 6,000 at the most. I jst want to be able to save myself from staying at a hotel where I have to be on a bus for 45 minutes, when we could be at the park enjoying shows, rides, having dinner together. That is more ideal to me.

The bus system at WDW is great, they come every 10-15 minutes and we have never had any problem using them. We spend less that $6000 for our family of 5! So you can live high on the hog with that kind of money!

• Been there-Doing it again

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I'm not sure which one to stay at. I'd rather not use any ferries or buses(I hate buses!!) I would like to walk out the door and not have to go to far for a train or Monorail.
    If that is really important don't even think of staying in any of the value (All-Stars) resorts on the property. You can't make a short walk to the transportation and it will only be a bus.

Edited to add-

There are no trains to any of the parks. The only hotels served by the monorail are Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian and the monorail only goes to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
    Last edited by xzoocrew; 02-25-2005 at 04:54 PM.

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    When we went we spent $4,000 for 7 days/8 nights.
    And THIS is why WDW gets new construction all the time. To target tourists who spend the big bucks, you've got to add new reasons constantly to return.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Race Car Driver

Quote Originally Posted by karliebug
    The bus system at WDW is great, they come every 10-15 minutes and we have never had any problem using them. We spend less that $6000 for our family of 5! So you can live high on the hog with that kind of money!
    Yes... thats what a holiday is....
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland1970
    Have you already picked a resort, or are you just looking for a budget on spending for meals and extras?
    Ihaven't picked one Yet, I heard the Polynesian is Awesome. But nothing yet.

• Classic Animation

We sspend around 1000.00 for 10 days. We have no out of pocket room expenses as we are DVC members at OKW.

• Been there-Doing it again

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Ihaven't picked one Yet, I heard the Polynesian is Awesome. But nothing yet.
    I love the Poly. If your budget allows I strongly suggest it. You hop off the monorail and are transported into a tranquil Pacific island. One suggestion though is if you are going to spend the money spend the extra money to get a room that doesn't overlook the parking lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast