Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In room fridge

• Banned User

In room fridge

So I now know that my "value" resort room at POP won't have a fridge included. And there's no way in hell I'm throwing out an extra $100 for one, since we'll be there for 10 nights. My question is this: will they say anything if I bring my own little mini fridge, like the ones that college kids get?

Now I'm not exactly going to be trumpeting it around the resort saying, "hey, look at this". But will housekeeping get their undies in a was if they see it? Better yet, can they stop me from having one?

Thanks for any input you might have. We're not exactly going to boycott the place if we can't have one, since we're using the Dining plan but we'd like to have one to put snacks and stuff in.

• Sock Puppet

Re: In room fridge

Um I don't know if they'll allow you to do that, it seems kind of fishy to me. Just use an ice bucket to keep things cold, that's how the rest of us get along without fridges.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I'd imagine it's $100 for the duration of your stay, not per night. Right? That would seem excessive.
    A signature should go here.

When we stayed at the All Star Movies, We just went to Costco or Walmart and bought a Styrofoam cooler and put ice in it. It's fairly cheap and it works.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

Yeah, it's 10 per night. Just like the internet, which is why we're getting the wireless anywhere from Cricket.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

We like to have our hot cereal for breakfast, and one time when we were staying at a moderate for 11 days, we stopped by Walmart and bought a $30 microwave. We had been quoted $10 a day to rent one for our stay. So we paid less than $3 a day. At the end of our stay, we stopped the housekeeper who was doing the rooms in our section and asked if she knew somebody who would like to have it. Turns out she would, and she couldn't thank us enough. We routinely bring our own coffeemaker with us, because we hate the little ones and the coffee provided in most hotels. We have never been questioned by hotel staff about it, in many decades of doing so. We do make sure the appliance is unplugged and not in their way when leave our room for the day. Oh, and we also leave the housekeepers a decent tip.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 04-13-2009 at 10:33 AM.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• Banned User

How much is the breakfast at Pop Century?

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Breakfast menu from Allears.net
    Pop Century Breakfast
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Im the fun mommy :)

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    So I now know that my "value" resort room at POP won't have a fridge included. And there's no way in hell I'm throwing out an extra $100 for one, since we'll be there for 10 nights. My question is this: will they say anything if I bring my own little mini fridge, like the ones that college kids get?

Now I'm not exactly going to be trumpeting it around the resort saying, "hey, look at this". But will housekeeping get their undies in a was if they see it? Better yet, can they stop me from having one?

Thanks for any input you might have. We're not exactly going to boycott the place if we can't have one, since we're using the Dining plan but we'd like to have one to put snacks and stuff in.
    2 things here, one there is a fridge swap on the dis boards so you can find the swaps and be put on the list. its pretty cool and we did it to. Or you can send a fridge down there and tell them to hold it. then if your not taking it back with you add it to the swap. its helped many people who need a fridge. Also if you have a medical need, a fridge is provided free. we had a free one 2 times as my mom is diabetic. and they do not ask the condition, just ask for one and they will have it in your room plugged in when you arrive.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• Im the fun mommy :)

Quote Originally Posted by Orcinus View Post
    Um I don't know if they'll allow you to do that, it seems kind of fishy to me. Just use an ice bucket to keep things cold, that's how the rest of us get along without fridges.
    no its not , people do it all the time there. and toasters and coffee pots, and microwaves so if you want one you can purchase one and leave it for the next cool family who could use it ( random acts of kindness )
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

We were able to get the fridge for free due to medical reasons. I'm not sure if they checked it or not to see if my meds were in there.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Yes, you can bring your own mini fridge.

• Circle of Ancients

Why don't you take back some of this Christmas presents and pay for the fridge.

But seriously, I didn't know the value's didn't have in-room fridges. We've only stayed at Moderate and all 3 have had fridge's. I can't imaging spending a week at WDW and not being able to have milk or juice or something kept in the fridge.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Ummmm, I stayed in Pop Century last fall and had a fridge in my room--at no extra charge. I remember this because I left some beer behind when I checked out.

I was in the 70s building nearest the main building.

• Banned User

Heck, I'd rather pay $30 on Ebay for a mini fridge and get to keep it as opposed to giving Disney $100 to rent one. We're already going to be spending more than enough money during the trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast