Military stars and stripes salute question

Has anybody used the discounted military tickets at disneyworld or disneyland? I was just wondering exactly what the process is. I know you are only allowed to purchase 5 companion tickets but there will be 7 of us going. I was hoping to have a friend buy the other two tickets, but I am wondering if we will have a problem using more than the 5 allowed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Military stars and stripes salute question

I am in the process of getting our's right now, actually.

I don't know about getting more than the 5 allowed. Your names will be on the tickets, so, they may question it. I wouldn't think it would be a problem though. What if the tickets were gifts? How would they know? You may want to call and ask the ticket line.

As for the process, you need to call your Ticket and Tours agency on base. They are the ones that order them for you. You will need to show proof of military id at the time you order them. Then, you place the order...and they will send off for them. My agency said that it will take about a week or maybe two to get the ticket voucher in. When you get it, you will take it to the ticket counter at WDW, and they will give you your tickets.

She also said that you don't have to know the exact date you will be using the tickets, either. Once you have them, they are valid until Dec. 23. So, if something comes up and you have to reschedule your trip...your tickets are still good.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize it would take time to get the tickets in so that is good to know. As far as getting extra tickets, I am just worried that when we get there we won't all be able to get in. I know the info says the tickets have to be validated at the ticket window in the park.

If your friends arent going to be there to actually pay for the tickets...I don't think they would let you buy more than the 5 you are allowed.

I bought mine about a week ago on base at the I.T.T. ticket office. You have to activate the passes at any ticket window at Disney prior to use and someone in the party must show Military I.D.. I wouldn't think having a friend get the other 2 would matter as long as someone in the group presented a Military I.D. at the time of activation. I would call Disney to ask if party size matters for activation of the companion passes just to be sure. The passes I got do not have any names on them, they are plastic (like a credit card) and it has a "Signature Required For Use" block on the back. The active duty member's free pass says "Complimentary" on the front, while the companion passes don't.

Did you have to wait to get the tickets or did they have them right there? I am wondering if my husband and I go to different ticket booths with our own ID's if we would activate all 7 passes. I know we can only purchase 5 but we are going to have a friend buy the other two. I am glad to know that they don't have names on them cause that was something I was worried about.

I didn't have to wait for them, but I did get them on base in Florida. Other bases farther away might not keep them readily available. They did take my info and made me sign something though. I would think as long as you have miltary I.D.'s they'd activate them at any ticket booth.

Great, thanks for the info.

• Lonestar Louisianian

I also read where you could go get the passes at Shades of Green on WDW property. That is what we are planning to do on our arrival day.

I just contacted my ticket and tour office, and they said that they give you the actual tickets....but, they do have to place an order for them. And you still have to activate them at guest services. I will be ordering mine tomorrow. I'm just one of those people who like to do things as far ahead of time as possible. To allow for any problems. I could never wait till we get there. I'd freak out. haha

Don't forget to price compare room rates since they have reduced rates for Military. Depending on the time of year you go it's cheaper to stay in a Disney Resort vs. the Shades of Green.

• Pilot EdForceOne

We just buy our tickets at the Shades of Green. We bought 7 tickets for non-military people with no problem. But that was just buying with the standard military discount, not the special $99 deal.

You can do all the military pricing/etc ticket transactions at Shades of Green.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Yes, they are offering 40% off all rooms for military. We are staying at the new treehouse villas in September and we could never have afforded it without the discount. Is still pretty spendy but we are splitting with another family.