Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Talking I'm going to walt disney world!!!!

I'm going with a friend later this year, for a week, and I couldn't be more excited!! And this time, it really is happening. I'm going, no matter what! (well, except for uncontrollable, really bad circumstances)

Since I've started a few threads over time with many questions, I feel I have the basics down. But, there are a few things, pertaining to this trip, that I need some help with. Come on, FL locals! Help us out!

1) I now know the weather will be horrendous in Sept (thanks to my other thread), but what about in Oct.? Early Nov.?

2) To go along with that, which of the three months (Sept,Oct,Nov) is the least busiest? Or, are they all about the same?

As I come up with more questions, I'll ask them in here. Thanks so much!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Re: I'm going to walt disney world!!!!

The weather in October and November is much better than in September - cooler, still those pesky afternoon rain showers, but not bad at all. Humidity is still pretty high, but as long as the daytime temps aren't over 85 or so you'll be fine.

October and November now can get pretty busy thanks to the popularity of Epcot's Food & Wine Festival. And then of course the closer you get to Thanksgiving the busier it gets. There's actually still a pretty nice window in early December, when all of the Christmas stuff is up and running, but the crowds haven't arrived yet. I tend to trade off every other year, going in October or early November one year and then going in early December the next year. Works very well for me!

• Done with MC.

Congrats!
    I'm going too...

in exactly 54 weeks

• Pilot EdForceOne

While Sept will be hotter and the afternoon storms... its going to be less busy.

Probably right after halloween is a nice window.

But I love the water parks and always like going to FL when its hotter so they can be enjoyed vs pure fall.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Congrats!!!! Two years ago, we spent Halloween week at WDW, going into the first week of Nov. It was very nice. It was pretty cool in the mornings and at night....we liked having a sweater. But, warm enough during the day to pack the sweater away in a backpack. The night before Halloween, it was downright cold. But, I suspect the downpour of rain added to that.

So, bring a light sweater to wear in the mornings and at night.

AS for crowds....I don't know if there's really any way to predict. We went 4 years ago during labor day weekend and never waited in line for anything. We've been the beginning of Oct...and it was moderate crowds, the week of Halloween...and it was busy. And the middle week of NOv...and had next to no crowds. I think you just have to take a chance. And hope (and pray) for the best!

Good luck, have a great trip...and we'll be expecting a trip report!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Oh, there'll be a trip report, for sure! With lots and lots and lots of pictures!

My friend thinks it will be less crowded in Oct, but I think it will be less so in Sept. And, although we aren't big fans of hot and humid, it's only for one week. Thank god. :P

Thanks, so far, for your help!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

We've been three times in October, with minimal crowd problems.

Do take a light, waterproof jacket with a hood. Rain happens most days, but is usually over quickly, but the jacket can be a lifesaver if you are away from shelter.

You are going to have so much fun!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• Not here to help

do they cancell fantasmic alot during september-october?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

We're going to book for Sept. 26-Oct. 3! But, I just wanted to verify the booking payment process.

We pay a $200 security deposit when we make the reservation, and then the remaining balance is due 30 days in advance? I think that's what it is, but want to ask the experts, to verify. I actually emailed Disney about this, last week, and still haven't heard back from them.

Thanks!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

actually i believe the money is due 45 days before your arrival date. and do remember once you've made your reservation and you are to stay on property at one of the resort hotels, whether it be value, moderate or deluxe, know that you can always shift/move your entire reservation to a new date, new hotel, etc.

For example, let's say right now you want to book a value resort hotel and you in the next few months you suddenly come into a good handful of money that you want to put towards an upgrade hotel, simply call Disney and let them know you want to upgrade and then you would just pay the difference in price.

Now if you have booked a moderate hotel room and have come short and need to downgrade you can but they will charge 50 bucks to downgrade the reservation. They say the money is for "paper work" but whatever, just pay it and save a few hundred dollars.

That's what my trip this Sept/Oct has to be. We decided to downgrade from a moderate hotel to a value resort hotel and save everyone a few hundred dollars per person. We'd rather put the extra hundred dollars each towards the halloween party tickets and gifts since most of our food will be covered with free dining.

If you already knew all this well then maybe the next person passing through just learned about it.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    We're going to book for Sept. 26-Oct. 3! But, I just wanted to verify the booking payment process.

We pay a $200 security deposit when we make the reservation, and then the remaining balance is due 30 days in advance? I think that's what it is, but want to ask the experts, to verify. I actually emailed Disney about this, last week, and still haven't heard back from them.

Thanks!
    And forget emailing the company for questions. Just talk to a live agent either online when you're "booking" a trip, a window pops up asking if you want to talk to a live agent or if you dont' see the pop up just call the number listed here..

(407)-939-7603
    Micoofy Duck

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    do they cancell fantasmic alot during september-october?
    Not that I know of, every trip I've been during the Sept/Oct season, 3 to be exact in the past 5 years, i have yet to encounter a cancelled show due to weather or high winds. Of course I've only been there about a week on each trip out of the 2 month radius you inquire about.
    Micoofy Duck

• Pilot EdForceOne

Weather doesn't really shutdown WDW except hurricanes Storms are strong and quick.. and the parks know how to operate with them. Only lightning really shuts stuff down and it's back very quickly.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    actually i believe the money is due 45 days before your arrival date.
    Thank you! I wasn't sure about that. I thought it was 30, but thought maybe it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    And forget emailing the company for questions. Just talk to a live agent either online when you're "booking" a trip, a window pops up asking if you want to talk to a live agent or if you dont' see the pop up just call the number listed here..

(407)-939-7603
    Oh. They really should work on that.
    Thanks, though!

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

You'll have a great time! we go on SEptember 4th for 21 days. We always think the crowds are great in September although 2008 crowds were busier that 2007 and 2006! but still light compared to July/Aug or Xmas!

Look forward to trip report and Micoofy I never knew that - thanks for the info!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast