Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• future rockstar/imagineer

WDW TR!! April 13-17 AIE!!

Welcome to my trip report!! This trip all started when my mom surprised me with a trip to WDW at my surprise 16th birthday party! So here we go....

Day 1

After a trip on the Magical Express we arrived at the Animal Kingdom Lodge which was absolutely beautiful! My only problem was that we didnt have enough time to use all of the hotel's features. We had a great pool view room!

it was around 2:30 and we hadnt eaten so we went the Mara for a quick bite to eat

pictures of the lobby...

then it was off to Epcot

then we went on the Gran Fiesta Tour

next we did The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush..both were a lot of fun! then it was time for our reservations at Le Cellier. it was delicious!

my desert..

then we went to Animal Kingdom for extra magic hours and then back to the hotel because we were soo tired fom traveling!

coming up....day 2 with me in American Idol Experince!!
    Last edited by expedition_evan; 04-19-2009 at 06:05 PM.

• Banned User

Re: WDW TR!! April 13-17 AIE!!

Evan, very nice pictures and TR. Loved the highdef look of your photos. Lovely.
    I personally liked this one:

Oh well..

And I assume you are the one there with mom and Mulan? Gosh! You are so skinny!! But I think it's rather sweet of her to surprise you with this birthday trip.

I just had dinner with Monorail Man and DoomBGI at Kona and they serve a similar dessert to this that one you had.

Thanks for sharing.

• Minion

Great TR so far! Your pictures are very nice. Congratulations on the birthday and the surprise trip.
    I want my cake back!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

AHHHHHHHH I'm so freakin &*^#! JEALOUS.

My trip was suppose to be in June but family issues came up and now my September trip is yet again getting plagued with more family issues. The larger the group to go the more issues that arise but at least someone got to go and had loads of fun.

Lookin forward to more of your trip, hope that mine will come together in the end.

• Doesn't get enough Disney

Great TR and pics! I really like your pics of the France pavillion =) Can't wait to read more.

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

That was really awesome of your mom to give you a grand birthday present. Your pics are amazing, love all the characters how they were scauplted from flowers. can't wait for your part two
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Day 2

Ever since I found out that i was going to come to WDW I knew that I wanted to do the American Idol Experience, so I had previously made an audition reservation and studied the song list. i was so excited! so lets get started...

i made the first reservation which was at 9, so we ate breakfast at the hotel and then off to DHS, but not without first seeing the animals!

on the bus...

waiting for the rope to drop...

finally the rope dropped and i made a mad dash to AIE. i was the first one there so they checked my ticket, and i went straight to my first audition room. The lady in there was awesome at making me feel comfortable. she asked me the typical questions about my previous singing experience and why i wanted to participate in the competition. Then she asked me to sing about 30 seconds of a song, and I sang Everything by Michael Buble. she gave me a few pointers about breath support and things like that and then i was off to the next round!!

next i went to the red room where i was given an iPod and a list of all the songs. since i had already looked at the list i basically knew which songs i wanted to do. at first i was a little paranoid about singing along with the ipod in the tiny room and i could tell everybody else was, but someone started to sing and we all joined in. Then it was time for me to sing for the producer, so i went into a small room with the producer sitting at a desk with a tv screen and video camera behind him. I told him which two songs I had picked out, and he informed me that both of those songs had already been taken! I frantically tried to pick a new song because he couldnt let me out of the room and I only had a few seconds! i quickly looked for a song that i knew i could do right there so i ended up choosing Go the Distance from Hercules. This wouldn't have been my first choice, but it ended up being fine. I sang for him, and when i was finished on the screen Ryan Seacrest appeared to tell me that i had made it!! They gave me a lanyard that told people to vote for me, and they told me that i was going to be the one in my show that got to do the interview! The told my mom to leave the room so that we could stage everything. they filmed me doing the typical "I'm going to hollywood!!" stuff and then i did all kinds of crazy things in the hallway and they filmed me listening to the iPod. it was storming outside, so we went to one of the audition rooms for my interview. They asked me questions like why i came here, who my favorite previous idol was and all about my history in music....it was a lot of fun!! I was put in the 12:00 show so i only had about 15 minutes to campaign before i had to be back! We walked around a little in the area, and i actually ran into someone that was going to be in the show with me.

When it was time to get back, we were led into what they call the green room which was actually blue haha...we were given an introduction and told how the show would work. I was able to meet my opponents: a 17 year old guy who had 150 people from his school in the audience cheering for hime the entire time and a 24 year old girl. There were three different rooms for us to each go in one at a time: Green Room, Hair and Makeup, and the vocal coach. i went to the vocal coach first. In the room i sang for a vocal coach and he gave me all kinds of pointers about connecting with the audience, stage presence, and singing the song. he was actually very helpful and had a lot of important things to say. next was hair and makeup

after that it was my turn in the green room where we were just able to relax or listen to our song a few more times on ipods that there provided in there.

Soon it was time for got into the stage area.

we were given very thorough instructions about what to do on stage. next we got to run through our songs on the stage. None of us had ever seen the show in person before, so immediately upon walking on stage we were just filled with awe! Everybody took turns singing, and they had the words on a giant screen in the back of the theatre so that we could always have our words. this was the only time that my mom was able to see me on stage because she had to sit with me backstage the whole time. it was getting close to the start of the show. we were directed backstage to a seating area with a couch, chairs, and tv screen. we were introduced to the host who made sure that she had all our names correct. we could hear the crowds coming in and then they turned on the screen so that we could see everything that was happening. They had us line up in order to go onstage and then we walked out! it was incredible to see all those people cheering for us!! Then they directed us backstage, and it was time for the first person to go. She did a great job and then it was my turn! i walked out on stage with the audience going crazy and the host met me. she asked a few questions about the whole process and then they played my interview which was really cool to watch! then she asked if i had any friends or family in the audience. i had some friends at WDW who were leaving that day that i told about the show, but i wasnt sure if they were going to be able to come. immediately they went crazy and i was so excited to see them! then it was my turn to sing. it was such an awesome feeling, and i absolutely loved it!! The first two judges were so nice and only had encouraging things to say, but of course the simon judge had to be at least a little negative, but it didnt offend me. the judges were all great, and i could really tell that they knew what they were talking about. they gave great feedback! The last person went next and he did a good job. Since he had his enormous school group there they were cheering wildly the entire time, and one judge pointed out that he would have gotten the same reaction if he sang happy birthday off-pitch. then they showed us our recaps and it was time for the results. Everybody knew what the outcome was going to be, so we were all ok when they announced that the third guy (whose name i cannot remember) was the winner. I had practiced my gracious loser face hahaha so i was prepared! the judges came over to us on stage and they were all very good about making sure that we were ok and they told us all that we did a good job.

It was truly an incredible experience. Every single cast member that worked at the show was amazing at making sure that everybody felt comfortable. everything about the show was first class from the auditions to backstage to the theatre! it am so glad that i got to participate in the show, and I got some awesome experience from this. All throught the day, and the rest of the week, I had people constantly coming up to me to take pictures with me and talk to me! i felt like such a celebrity! it feels so great for someone to take the time to actually remember you and tell you that they voted for you!

well after writing this novel about the American Idol Experience i think i need a little break, so I will be back later with the rest of day 2!

And Disney Photopass took 140 pictures of my onstage so i will eventually try to post those here!!

and now for the rest of day 2....

we missed our lunch reservations at Sci Fi, but it was worth it! so we went over to backlot express for lunch. then we went to tower of terror!

then we went on RRC and then to the Backlot Tour which i hadnt been on in a long time

grad night stage...

then we walked over to The Magic of Disney animation...

then back to ToT

next we went for a ride on Star Tours and got milkshakes before seeing the finale show of American Idol Experience

the show was amazing!! with the exception of probably 2 people, i thought that everybody desesrved to win which is not the case according to shows that i saw throughout the week.. The girl that won sang Midnight Train to Georgia and was absolutely incredible! she got a standing ovation in the middle of her song! the show was so much fun and i can definitely appreciate all the hard work that goes into it!

we had a few minutes before our dinner reservations so we went over to One Man's Dream. it was actually the first time that I had seen the video for some reason, but i loved it!

then off to dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby which was great! i love that restaurant!

after that i went to extra magic hours at Epcot while my mom went back to the hotel to get some sleep after a long day!

well that wraps up day 2! stay tuned for day 3 which includes the Keys to the Kingdom tour!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

What a great experience for you. Do you get some kind of tape of your performance to keep?

I was back there with my daughter from the 11th to the 17th and we were at Epcot on the stormy day and then later in the evening went to Disney's Hollywood Studios for a little while. The next day we went back and went on Tower of Terror which I loved way more than the one we have out here at Disneyland.

Except for the stormy day on Tuesday, I thought the weather was great.

And great photos by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    What a great experience for you. Do you get some kind of tape of your performance to keep?

I was back there with my daughter from the 11th to the 17th and we were at Epcot on the stormy day and then later in the evening went to Disney's Hollywood Studios for a little while. The next day we went back and went on Tower of Terror which I loved way more than the one we have out here at Disneyland.

Except for the stormy day on Tuesday, I thought the weather was great.

And great photos by the way.
    They didnt give us tapes of it which i was a little upset about because i would have loved to go back to see my performance and look at what the judges said and also for the rest of my family to see! i had my video camera but i didnt have anyone to give it to since my mom was backstage with me ...

the weather was so crazy that day though! and the rest of the week really wasnt that bad...at night i often got cold! but i definitely agree with you about WDWs ToT being better than DL

Wow! what a great trip report. It was very cool to hear all the details of the AI experience.
    You have great teeth - you should be in a toothpaste commercial

Quote Originally Posted by sdmom View Post
    Wow! what a great trip report. It was very cool to hear all the details of the AI experience.
    You have great teeth - you should be in a toothpaste commercial
    haha thank you! thats so funny because thats one of the things the judges told me! it took 6 years of braces to get my teeth like that though!!

Quote Originally Posted by expedition_evan View Post
    haha thank you! thats so funny because thats one of the things the judges told me! it took 6 years of braces to get my teeth like that though!!
    oh no, don't let my kids hear that, they think its 2 years and out.

• Doesn't get enough Disney

Wow, what a great story about AIE. Bummer you didn't win, but at least you've got a tale to take home!

I love Sci-Fi and The Brown Derby- at the Brown Derby I did lunch with an Imagineer, and it was fantastic!

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Awesome report!

And the cloudy day made that San Francisco backdrop look pretty accurate I'd say!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast