Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's your idea of a 5th themepark?

Just wondering your ideas of a 5th themepark.

My idea would be a villians themed all thrill ride park with a few not so scary rides thrown in for little kids. Each area of the park would have a few small rides and a few thrill rides so the little kids could ride on the kiddie rides while dad/mom/teens could do the thrill coasters,etc.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I think that Disney needs a rollarcoaster park. They just don't have enough thrill rides right now!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• PoppingtheQ@WDW!

Hrm. I like the villains idea, but an all thrill ride park might not have the right themeing. Combine the two, get the theming right, and an innovative link to MK through Fantasyland, Sounds good!

• Banned User

Disney's villan adventure or disney's Villan Kingdom..... or even.. Disney villan Studios... hehe

Villans are a good idea for themepark.. add thrill rides... and add rides that are appropriote for everyone and you have a hit.... think MK with thrill rides & also keeping dark rides and innovative rides that are kid friendly.... It would be perfect... (a future world with Alien encounter.... The entire land could be sponsored.. (falsly) by XS tech....

These are all great ideas. Thanks!

I remember hearing and reading that Walt Disney's reason for building Disneyland in the first place was that he wanted a place where parents and children could have fun together. You build a thrill ride park with a few kiddie rides in each "themed" area and that sounds a lot to me like Six Flags. I love thrill rides, don't get me wrong, but that is not why Disney created the theme park in the first place. On the other hand, too many of the new attractions lately are too kiddie oriented like Winnie the Pooh and Buzz Lightyear. Alien Encounter was even made more kid oriented by putting Stitch in there. Personally I like the Stitch ride and it's getting too bad of a wrap because too many people are comparing it to Alien Encounter. Had Alien Encounter never ever been there, Stitch would be a big hit.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr
    I remember hearing and reading that Walt Disney's reason for building Disneyland in the first place was that he wanted a place where parents and children could have fun together. You build a thrill ride park with a few kiddie rides in each "themed" area and that sounds a lot to me like Six Flags. I love thrill rides, don't get me wrong, but that is not why Disney created the theme park in the first place. On the other hand, too many of the new attractions lately are too kiddie oriented like Winnie the Pooh and Buzz Lightyear. Alien Encounter was even made more kid oriented by putting Stitch in there. Personally I like the Stitch ride and it's getting too bad of a wrap because too many people are comparing it to Alien Encounter. Had Alien Encounter never ever been there, Stitch would be a big hit.
    Yup, me too! I can't help but agree.

However, here is my idea for a 5th park-- don't make one right now! Instead, focus your ideas, creativity, and dollars on DCA, Hong Kong, Paris Studios, and any place else that needs a touch up or extra help. Wouldn't that make more sense? At least it does to me.

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    However, here is my idea for a 5th park-- don't make one right now! Instead, focus your ideas, creativity, and dollars on DCA, Hong Kong, Paris Studios, and any place else that needs a touch up or extra help. Wouldn't that make more sense? At least it does to me.
    I'll second that!
    If Disney do get these "problem" areas sorted, then surely they'll be raking in enough moolah for a 5th WDW park.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Down Under without Nemo..

I think the 5th park should be "Disney Downunder" and it should be located in Sydney, and based on all the aussie characters that have appeared in the movies / TV Shows over the years. (Like the Rescuers Downunder and thingy from ducktales, and er, all the other many Aussie characters.)

We could sell bent churros and call them "Bloomin' Boomerangs" and we could have Vegemite-On-A-Stick ODV Carts. Our Starbucks would sell Tim-Tam flavoured coffee, and we could have the "Indiana Jones & The Temple Of The Forbidden Pie" Ride - given the Aussie love for Meat Pies.

The Enchanted Tiki Room would feature Galahs, Emu's, Ostritches, Rainbow Lorrikeets & Budgerigars, and would feature "Bonza the Ocker Cocka-too"

The Aussie Bear Jamboree would have no Koalas in it at all cos they're Marsupials and not bears.

Toilets would be marked "Blokes & Sheilas" and all the cast would be instructed to tell guests to "Have A Nice G'Day"
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• Disney Prince

DisneySea......'nuff said

• Inappropriate

I'd say something original, like the Villains themed park. That'd rock! But i'd disagree with all thrill rides. It's still disney, not Six Flags, buut Disney could make some awesome villain rides. If the 5th park wasn't an original park, then bring DIsney Seas here, put it on the boarder of the 7 Seas Lagoon. IT'd be perfect and it would settle all of us who can't go to Japan. But i'd want a freakin awesome original park more.

• Frequent WDW Visitor

I agree that there's no need for a fifth park right now. Spend the money on upkeep/updating of MK, Epcot, and the Studios, and adding more to do at DAK. When the time comes to build a new park, however...

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    DisneySea......'nuff said
    My thoughts exactly. Build it pretty much as it is in Tokyo (after all, it worked like a charm in reverse with the Disneyland/MK-type park), without the Tower of Terror, of course. Don't dare skimp on the budget! I'd be willing to put money on WDW's DisneySea being a huge success if the money was spent to replicate it faithfully.

• stitch'sgreatescape101
    well what if they could build a cartoon kingdom that would be all about cartoons. It would have rides like brandy and mr. whiskers and kim possible lilo and stitch and all those other cartoons.

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Well, I don't think we'll see a 5th gate at WDW anytime in the next 20 years (if not more), but when it happens, I'd LOVE a Villains park that, while peppered with C ticket-type attractions, would also have a lot (i.e. 3 or 4 to start with) thrill rides - maybe something featuring Maleficent for one.

Also, I'd LOVE to see Disney do a hyper-coaster. Yeah, yeah, I know, not family friendly for the traditional family, but if your family is jsut husband and wife like my DH and me, then it'd be grrrrreat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast