Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• jeffrey

What did you spend on your splurge at Disney World?

I'm visiting in a few weeks and am spending less than $1000 dollars on my getaway, and was just thinking about my last trip there and how much it cost...

We stayed at the Grand Floridian for nine nights...at a total of about $5,500. Now that does seem like a lot, but I was talking to a woman in the concierge lounge and she mentioned that her family were there for two weeks in a two bedroom suite...and that got me thinking...they spent more than $27,000 on a Disney World vacation. So how much did you, or someone you know, spend on your most elaborate trip to Disney World?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

re: What did you spend on your splurge at Disney World?

Spluge? Sounds kinda dirty lol.

I actually can't remember how much I spent when I went a few years back. Wasn't as much as you that's for sure.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Mkcoastie

$27,000........."that's in yen right?"

wow.

well, Me and my family (wife, 2 year old and four year old) just did 5 days at the coranado springs and ended up spending about $2,000 grand total, thats with shopping and food. So it is possible to keep the dollars down.

have a great time!
    (whe're expecting a trip report when you get home)

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trips end up costing me most of our yearly tax refund. I won't quote dollars, but my up and coming trip will actually be one of my cheaper ones. Cheaper airline prices, value rooms, longer multiday parkhoppers, and less ADR's will keep the costs down for this trip. Magic doesn't have to break the bank. .

• Mostly Harmless.

We spent a week in March of '08 (then moved here 2 weeks later) and spend just over 5k with airfare. That was with 6 day park hopper, 7 days at All-Star music and the dining plan, which included entirely two much food... But dammit we ate like kings! The airfare was the killer though.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Our most expensive trip, was 10 nights, and 9 days in the parks. We ended up adding one more night while we were there. We stayed at Pop Century, and it was in the beginning of May. We always pay for our tickets and room before we even leave for the trip. So, all we end up paying for when we come home is whatever we spent while there. Altogether....with room, tickets, food, souvenirs, gas, etc. Everything total right at $4,000. That was a HUGE splurge for us. We only spent that much because, at the time...I had a well paying job...and we lived solely off what my husband made. So, everything I made went straight to the bank. We decided to splurge, and spend some on a dream Disney trip.

All of our other trips have averaged about half that. With a couple coming in even lower. We always stay at the value resorts....and look for deals in room and ticket packages. Last year, we got the free dining, and we estimated that saved us about...$700 with all the special dinners we do. We never stayed that long again either. MOst of our trips are 7 days n the parks...this upcoming trip..we will be staying 9 nights, but, spending 5 days in the parks.

Since we are usually always living on one income( a military one none the less,)...we have learned how to do Disney cheap! haha

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I don't know... I don't add up everything. Scary numbers lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

<shrug> My trips to Disney usually cost about 25 bucks a day.

God its great to work for Disney. LOL

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Last year when I went we spent $3,500..that inculded hotel, airfare and the park hopper tickets. Although we didn't stay at the resort it was a pretty good deal considering it was me and my sister and nephew..now souviners that is another thing, I think I overdid it on spending on sovenirs but is worth it because I wanted to share a bit of wdw with my family and friends.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Too far from Disney World

The last 2 years we (my boyfriend and I) have gone in September and gotten the free dining plan. We stay at value resorts as we are really only there to shower and sleep. So for 5 days of park hopper tickets, 6 nights in the room and the dining plan it's been about $1100 for both of us. Add to that gas money, hotel on the way down and back (we drive from Ohio) and food along the way it comes out to a little under $2000 for us for a week.

My "splurge" is usually on the Mickey's Philharmgaic store where there are a lot of Donald items! And pins....for some reason I've gotten into the pins...
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I don't know... I don't add up everything. Scary numbers lol

I know!!! Ugh...you can put a down payment on a house with some of these numbers!!!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I just can't live day to day paying bills, putting a down payment on a home that will further trap me to montly larger bills...

I just have to live and go on vacation. We could go anytime and I'd rather go spending money on large fun items in the mix of paying monthly bills that are now managable and not out of control had I put a down payment on something larger, whether it be a car or house or whatever else one could put a down payment on.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ummmm... the annual pass I had in 2000-2001 is probably the most expensive WDW thing I've ever splurged on.

• Banned User

We went for 10 days in December '07 (eight days at WDW and two at Universal). I think all told we spent around $2800, but that included the cost of changing our flight not once, not twice, but three freakin' times (don't ask). We stayed at All Star Music and got park hoppers for two.

I do think with all the hotel options in Orlando, your vacation will be (more or less) as expensive as you want it to be. But staying on site is worth it, IMHO.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Hmm, let's see. This trip my flight was paid for by flight credits. A new annual pass - around $500. $800 for 6 nights at Port Orleans, and around $800 for food & stuff. So in the 2 grand neighborhood for a great solo trip!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast