Are Photopass Shares Allowed Here

I just was on another board that they have ended Photopass Shares. I have had nothing but great experiences. Is posting these shares on this board allowed?

Steven

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Are Photopass Shares Allowed Here

Quote Originally Posted by huizarst View Post
    I just was on another board that they have ended Photopass Shares. I have had nothing but great experiences. Is posting these shares on this board allowed?

Steven
    What are Photopass shares?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Still wants to be a cat!

Photopass pics from the Parks that you can share on-line.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've posted my Photopass pics from my trips here in trip reports. If you own the pics, I don't see why not.

• Im the fun mommy :)

Quote Originally Posted by huizarst View Post

Steven
    I have been lurking here for a few years and have never seen anyone share photo pass .
    sharing photopass with others is when you get as many photo's taken from the photographers in the park, sending your card to the main person, along with several other people and the main person makes a cd of just your phot's and sends them back to you. the best thing about this is with so many people sharing the cost is so low anyone can do it.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    I have been lurking here for a few years and have never seen anyone share photo pass .
    sharing photopass with others is when you get as many photo's taken from the photographers in the park, sending your card to the main person, along with several other people and the main person makes a cd of just your phot's and sends them back to you. the best thing about this is with so many people sharing the cost is so low anyone can do it.
    I still don't think I understand... are you talking about a bunch of strangers? Or other people in your group?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

The way a PhotoPass share generally works is that several people sign up, go on their individual (seperate) vacations, and then give their PhotoPass numbers and whatever their portion of the CD cost is to whoever is "in charge" of the share. That person then orders that PhotoPass CD, copies it, and sends it to those who are in on the Share.

It's a much cheaper way for people to get their PhotoPass CDs, but on the other hand they end up with pictures of other peoples' families. If they're comfortable with it, I guess :shrug: I myself don't trust my money and pictures with someone I don't know personally, but that's IMO.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Ah... Is it against Disney's rules?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Sock Puppet

I didn't know photopass share exist

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Of course, only one person will get the official photopass CD. The person in charge can copy it in it's entirety, or in fact just send each person in the "share" only their photos. That would probably not be too difficult to do.

I have shared a photopass CD with someone who I have vacationed with. However, we were good friends, and we vacationed together. We actually took many photos together. We then split the cost of the CD.

This is obviously different, and you would have to find a group of people who are all vacationing at the same time at WDW. Not sure that many MiceChatters are all at WDW at the same time using photopass.

The photopass CD for WDW is pretty pricey, so I can understand why someone would want to find someone to share with. Such an agreement should be totally between the parties involved.

I am planning a trip for August, and have not decided whether I will use photopass or not. I do plan on taking the card, and also asking each photopass photographer that I encounter to also take a picture with my camera. That way, I can be in a whole lot more pictures than normal, and my camera will have those shots. Have you ever stood in front of the castle, and wanted a picture of you and the castle? Photopass photographer nearby can help you out with that shot.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Oh. I never knew this existed. I can see doing something like this with people you know, but complete strangers? No thanks.

I don't know if it's really against Disney's rules. I mean, technically, if you buy the CD, you have the right to do with the pictures and information on the CD whatever you'd like. On the other hand, I still can't (and don't want to) see my self with pictures of random other people on my CD, and mine on theirs, just to save some cash.

So I think technically it's allowed, ethically I don't think it should be, and I would never participate either way.

I joined a Photopass share through Tourguidemike.com last December for my WDW trip, it worked out great. For only $25 I got almost 400 Disney pics. Would definitely do it again.

• Disneyholic

Ahh I thought you meant the web share where you could let friends and family see your photos, you actually mean sharing the cost of a CD...

I would think there may be some legal issues around the terms of use of the Photopass system, specifically:

Copyright Policy, Restrictions on use of Materials
    All photographs taken by Disney's PhotoPass Photographers are owned and copyright protected by Disney. Please be aware that it is illegal to reproduce or distribute copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright owner. Purchased prints and other products may not be reproduced without permission from Disney. Accessing pictures or text provided on Web sites does not give you any rights to use them. Only the copyright owner, or the owner's legal agent, can grant permission to copy, distribute, or publicly display protected material.
    All information, content (other than Personal Content, as defined below), software, materials and trademarks contained in the site are the copyrighted property of Disney Enterprises, Inc. or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors and are protected by trademark, copyright and other applicable laws. All trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress are proprietary to Disney. No material from the site may be transmitted, distributed or reproduced in any way.
    Sounds like The Mouse's Legal team cracked down on that other site.... it's one thing for a family on a grand gathering to pool their cards together for a single family CD but it's quite another to solicit strangers to do so with the sole purpose of not paying for the full CD fee; that could be construed as a conspiracy to defraud, copyright infringement, and probably a whole slew of other things the mouse's legal team will slam you with. So not worth it when you can just take your own camera and ask the nice CM to take the picture with your camera as well as his.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

But at the same time, Disney does give the person who purchases the CD the copyright allowances to make copies in the form of some paper filled with legalese. Obviously, though, having 12 people each pay $4 for a copy of their own is not what they intended by that little bit of paperwork.

In any case, I vote no.