• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Interesting find on the WDW site

This was found by someone else on another site, but thought I should mention it here:

ImageWorks – The Kodak "What If" Labs

If you look at this list, many of these "exhibits" are from the original Imageworks upstairs.

Is this just an error, or are the rumors true that JIYIWF is finally going 4.0, bringing back the old Imageworks...?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Interesting find on the WDW site

most of those things are in the Kodak area now. The only one I can't be sure of is the rainbow tunnel.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The rainbow tunnel is NOT in the current Image Works.

As for that list (my comments in ( ) )...

ImageWorks – The Kodak "What If" Labs features a vast array of hands-on, sensory-themed activities and exhibits where you can exercise your imagination and explore your creative side in exciting exhibits that include:

• Dreamfinder's School of Drama – Become the star of your very own film using greenscreen technology (this is NOT in the current ImageWorks, it's in the old one upstairs)
    • Stepping Tones – Create your own music by stepping on electronic picture panels (there's something similar in the current ImageWorks but not exactly the same)
    • Figment's Coloring Book – Using electric paintbrush guns, add a little color to Figment and Dreamfinder (this is NOT in the current Image Works, in the old one upstairs)
    • Electric Philharmonic – Conduct an orchestra through the use of electronic sensors (this is NOT in the current Image Works, in the old one upstairs)
    • Rainbow Corridor – Stroll through an illuminated tunnel where colored lights follow you (this is NOT in the current Image Works, in the old one upstairs)
    • Vibrating Mirrors – Watch as your reflection changes right before your eyes (this is NOT in the current Image Works, in the old one upstairs)
    • Kaleidoscopes – Spin eye-popping colors in intricate designs via large-size kaleidoscopes (this is NOT in the current Image Works, in the old one upstairs)
    • Voice-Activated Lumia – Speak out and behold a bevy of shimmering light effects (this is NOT in the current Image Works, in the old one upstairs)
    • Bubble Projectors – Blow virtual bubbles on a circular screen and create colorful colors (this is NOT in the current Image Works, in the old one upstairs)
    • Figment's Melody Maker – Help Figment play an instrument to the tune of "One Little Spark"n (this is in the current Image Works)

Very interesting find indeed though. I hope this a good sign.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Electric Philharmonic Conduct an orchestra through the use of electronic sensors (this is NOT in the current Image Works, in the old one upstairs)
    Umm, unless we're not talking about the same thing, this exhibit is definitely IN the current Image Works. The thing where you wave your hands and Figment plays music. There are several booths, which all do basically the same thing.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Umm, unless we're not talking about the same thing, this exhibit is definitely IN the current Image Works. The thing where you wave your hands and Figment plays music. There are several booths, which all do basically the same thing.
    That is Figment's Melody Maker, which is the last item listed. So the same basic attraction is listed twice, once for each name.

• Pilot EdForceOne

the painting station I'm pretty sure is there as well. They are in reduced quantities vs originally.. but these stations (music, painting, etc) are there if I recall. But you all go more then I...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    the painting station I'm pretty sure is there as well. They are in reduced quantities vs originally.. but these stations (music, painting, etc) are there if I recall. But you all go more then I...
    Even if something similar is there (I just walk right through Imageworks) I doubt coloring Dreamfinder is an option.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I wish this was telling what's to come but sadly I think someone in editing probably just found some old information when they were updating the new page.

I say rumor and nothing more but in the back of my mind I'll hold onto a little hope.