Making a reservation at Victoria & Alberts

It has been 6 years since we have eaten at Victoria & Albert's. We are going to Disney World in the fall and were thinking of making a reservation. For the chef's table do you still make reservations 6 months out or is it only 3 months like the rest if the restaurants? And has anything changed about the chef's table in the last 6 years? Thanks

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Making a reservation at Victoria & Alberts

Wish I could help you but I would suggest calling (407) WDW-DINE to find out if you can make reservations now for your fall trip. Better safe than sorry in calling right away than to wait for an answer here. I'd hate to see your selected dates be gone already.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Head View Post
    It has been 6 years since we have eaten at Victoria & Albert's. We are going to Disney World in the fall and were thinking of making a reservation. For the chef's table do you still make reservations 6 months out or is it only 3 months like the rest if the restaurants? And has anything changed about the chef's table in the last 6 years? Thanks

I think that's the one exception: the chef's table at V&A typically books a year in advance. Due to it's exclusivity it's the hardest reservation to get on property.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Engine Co 71

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    I think that's the one exception: the chef's table at V&A typically books a year in advance. Due to it's exclusivity it's the hardest reservation to get on property.
    According to the website you can only make reservations "up to 90 days in advance." Is there a secret to this year in advance reservation?

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Boxalarm View Post
    According to the website you can only make reservations "up to 90 days in advance." Is there a secret to this year in advance reservation?

Well it used to be a year then 180, now it's 90, didn't have my coffee in me yet. Yes it's 90 but guests on site can book it earlier if they are staying on site so I would try to book the dining towards the end of the trip and then call it in 90 Days out from the first day of your trip. So if you book a 10 day trip, you could book the reservation 100 days out.

So in theory if you could afford to live onsite long enough you could book it a year in advance still.... so common megabucks!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Engine Co 71

So would anyone have an opinion on which has a more romantic setting? Victoria and Alberts or California Grill? I say California Grill, especially a reservation made later in the evening with a window seat over looking the lagoon and MK. However VA has its own special atmosphere.

On Site guests can't book dining before the 90 day window. If you are staying 10 days it just means that at your 90 day mark you can make all your Dining reservations for your whole 10 days.

At least that how it was for me last year, when it was 180 days. I was able to make all my ADR's at the 180 day mark to my arrival day. Except for Wolfgang Puck Cafe which had to be at the 180 day mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Wish I could help you but I would suggest calling (407) WDW-DINE to find out if you can make reservations now for your fall trip. Better safe than sorry in calling right away than to wait for an answer here. I'd hate to see your selected dates be gone already.
    I figured if someone here knew it would save me from calling long distance. I am still a a couple weeks away from the 180 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxalarm View Post
    So would anyone have an opinion on which has a more romantic setting? Victoria and Alberts or California Grill? I say California Grill, especially a reservation made later in the evening with a window seat over looking the lagoon and MK. However VA has its own special atmosphere.
    We went to V&A for our anniversary 6 years ago and had the chef's table there was a rose on our table for me and champagne when we got there. The chef's table was a great experience we liked it much better than eating in the regular dining room. Oh, and the food was outstanding.

• Engine Co 71

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Head View Post
    We went to V&A for our anniversary 6 years ago and had the chef's table there was a rose on our table for me and champagne when we got there. The chef's table was a great experience we liked it much better than eating in the regular dining room. Oh, and the food was outstanding.

Awesome, thanks!!!