Haunted Mansion Holiday??

Is Haunted Mansion Holiday ever coming to WDW or was that just a cruel rumor I heard?

• Banned User

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday??

Just a rumor. Sorry.

It was coming -- last year. Burbank had approved it, but Orlando opted to not spend the money. I doubt you'll ever see it. WDW officials feel those Christmas Parties (where ignorant guests spend extra $$$ for free cookies and all the entertertainment offerings that used to be INCLUDED in admission for all guests starting Thanksgiving weekend under the sadly mistaken belief they are getting something special) are the only thing the MK ever needs to offer in the way of holiday entertainment.

• Banned User

I could not have said it better WDW1974. Thank God for OLC and the powers in charge of DLR. At least 2 Nightmare overlays (out of 4) are better than none. We are certainly not worthy guests at WDW.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    WDW officials feel those Christmas Parties...are the only thing the MK ever needs to offer in the way of holiday entertainment.
    Well, whether I agree with it or not, I think the WDW officials are absolutely correct in this. They don't need anything extra to get the holiday crowds in, while at DL, where there is much more of a local crowd element, the overlays are responsible for a huge surge in holiday entertainment. Plus, with a much higher percentage of out of town visitors in Florida, it'd be harder to justify shutting major attractions down for as long as it takes to put them in and take them down.

Sure, it'd be nice if WDW would do the same thing, just cuz they love us so much. But from a financial standpoint it wouldn't make much sense.

• Banned User

Actually, if you go read Jim Hill's article, he'll give you a totally different reason. LOL

But honestly, our HM is in line for a total rehab. (Pirates is next, Small World was first)

No Nightmare though. Sorry.

And don't forget that we have the Christmas version of the Country Bears! Hee hee.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Actually, if you go read Jim Hill's article, he'll give you a totally different reason. LOL
    I'm finding it hard to spend much time with Mr. Hill - we don't see eye to eye on many things. So, in a nutshell, what was Jim's reason?

• Disney Memory Maker

Basically, Tim Burton didn't want it. He felt that it cheapened the image of NBC. He felt it ran it's course, so he wouldn't allow it to be in WDW (they needed his approval). He also wanted TDL & DL's shut down too (so that people wouldn't get bored at seeing the characters in a theme park setting). He also didn't want the merchandicing event because he felt it over-comercialized the movie. The complete article is located here.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

If that is the case, then Tim Burton is an idiot. He could live off these Nightmare characters just because of Disney's relentless promotion. That doesn't make sense to me.

^^^Don't EVER believe something just because Jim Hill (or anyone for that matter) wrote it. I know for a FACT that this is just not true at all. HMH isn't going anywhere in Anaheim or Tokyo. And it isn't being added to Orlando, but it has nothing to do with Burton and a lot to do with Weiss, Holmes and Co.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Since when did Tim Burton ever make sense?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!