Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face What kind of Ideas, Shows Should Happen In Front Of Cinderella's Castle?

This would be in terms of a daily show as seen with Cinderellabration & Dream Along With Mickey shows.

I would personally love to see a show that invites random guests on stage, a family to be featured in the show but given NO mic as they could say something offensive but then again having a random family up on the stage leads to highly unpredictable situations.

But even better would be a kid chosen to go on stage with the parents standing on stage nearby as part of some show involving Disney characters.

As for the show itself I'd love to see something original and nothing borrowed from Tokyo or Paris.

This year would have been a perfect day to celebrate Mickey's birthday every day this year and have a child brought up on stage to wish Mickey a Happy Birthday.

As for next year, Maybe a show involving the princesses welcoming Princess Tiana to the kingdom... plus have all the Princes welcoming Prince Naveen to the kingdom as well! Hot!

So I guess that would be my pick, a welcoming party for Princess Tiana and Prince Hunky Naveen!

What are your ideas?

• Banned User

Re: What kind of Ideas, Shows Should Happen In Front Of Cinderella's Castle?

I personally do not care much for the random idea, but if the Mk put on the same type of castle shows, with the same caliber of production and huge casts we get at TDL.. that alone would make the MK a much better park. Of course, it would help if they also placed benches to watch the show in a *seated* position, like most guests do at TDL. God forbid that Aunt Clara from TN would have to stand for 25 minutes in the blazing heat of FL. Watered down versions of TDL shows, such as the horrible Cinderellabration of two years ago are an embarrasment for the MK and only more clues as to what sorry state the entertainment dept at WDW is in.

And please... NO MORE PRINCESS crap. Enough already. Its bad enough the BBB has taken over the castle.

• Sock Puppet

I guess the concept of Cinderellabration is to focus on Cinderella. The random idea does fit the concept.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I personally do not care much for the random idea, but if the Mk put on the same type of castle shows, with the same caliber of production and huge casts we get at TDL.. that alone would make the MK a much better park. Of course, it would help if they also placed benches to watch the show in a *seated* position, like most guests do at TDL. God forbid that Aunt Clara from TN would have to stand for 25 minutes in the blazing heat of FL. Watered down versions of TDL shows, such as the horrible Cinderellabration of two years ago are an embarrasment for the MK and only more clues as to what sorry state the entertainment dept at WDW is in.

And please... NO MORE PRINCESS crap. Enough already. Its bad enough the BBB has taken over the castle.
    Well it saddens me you don't care much about the random idea.

Everything could make MK a "much better park" than what it is already, we get it, it doesn't compare to every other Disneyland-ish park out there, Animal Kingdom is better than MK, Epcot is better than MK, The restrooms at the Grand Floridian are better than MK, we get it.

And I love MK, we get that. Forever a MK kid at heart here. Nothing can do it wrong. And the greatest thing that I love about MK is it isn't TDL. Well it did try to be a little like TDL when it borrowed the Cinderellabration thing but you get the idea, MK is not TDL, it doesn't need to be.

I do like the benches idea but then again the benches in front of the castle are just not pleasing to the eye. I think people can stand for a short show.

And yes, more more Princess love for MK and DL. Let's face it, they will be welcoming their newest princess to the parks soon and Disney theme parks will make a giant deal out of it. A HUGE deal. Princess will once again take over! All Hail Princesses! And All Hail Prince Naveen. Bow to him.

And what should operate inside a Castle? A gift shop that sells random merchandise or a gift shop that spews out beautiful little princesses young and old out into the streets of Fantasyland. I love BBB. I adore it, except that time when the lady treated me like crap because I wasn't a paying customer and simply just had questions that she could not answer herself but kept pointing me to a number on a brochure. Evil lady. I probably should have reported her but I didn't care a few minutes afterwards to care much but I will never forget her. I hope to run into here again and ask her more questions... HA HA HA!

• All-American

I'd like to see something more epic, taking full advantage of the grand scale of the castle - a bit like Fantasmic, since the MK doesn't have one like Disneyland. Imagine a night show where the villains try to take over the castle, and Mickey and other characters try to stop them, featuring pyro, characters appearing from the towers, or even fountains in the moat. That would be something guests would come to see.

• Indy's Girl

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I'd like to see something more epic, taking full advantage of the grand scale of the castle - a bit like Fantasmic, since the MK doesn't have one like Disneyland. Imagine a night show where the villains try to take over the castle, and Mickey and other characters try to stop them, featuring pyro, characters appearing from the towers, or even fountains in the moat. That would be something guests would come to see.
    I am not a fan of the current Castle shows and haven't been for awhile. And I'm a WDW girl.

I'd like to see something in the vein of Fantasmic, like MarkTwain suggested, where the villains try take over the castle. I'd like to see old characters combined with new.

And please, no fairies, either. I also agree: enough with the Princesses. Please!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Well it saddens me you don't care much about the random idea.
    Not as much as it saddens me.

Everything could make MK a "much better park" than what it is already, we get it, it doesn't compare to every other Disneyland-ish park out there, Animal Kingdom is better than MK, Epcot is better than MK, The restrooms at the Grand Floridian are better than MK, we get it.
    It's not a matter of getting it. You obviously agree.

And I love MK, we get that. Forever a MK kid at heart here. Nothing can do it wrong. And the greatest thing that I love about MK is it isn't TDL. Well it did try to be a little like TDL when it borrowed the Cinderellabration thing but you get the idea, MK is not TDL, it doesn't need to be.
    Considering TDL was a re-encarnation of the MK.. it's quite sad that park has become a far superior one over the one used as it's creator. Besides, you do not get this: I am not asking for the MK to be another TDL.. but I believe the MK can achieve the higher standards of TDL in everything they do, but management does not care to. That is what you do not get.

I do like the benches idea but then again the benches in front of the castle are just not pleasing to the eye. I think people can stand for a short show.
    Bad service. Why make people stand when you can provide a more confortable enviroment for watching a show? Besides... FYI, the benches disappear at TDL once the last show of the day is over... Then again, the castle forecourt at TDL is huge, when compared to the mousey one (pun intended) at the MK... so I can see why benches are needed in TDL. Then again, half of the visitors at the MK are already sitting to watch the castle shows.. in their mobility vehicles, strollers and wheelchairs.

And yes, more more Princess love for MK and DL. Let's face it, they will be welcoming their newest princess to the parks soon and Disney theme parks will make a giant deal out of it. A HUGE deal. Princess will once again take over! All Hail Princesses! And All Hail Prince Naveen. Bow to him.

And what should operate inside a Castle? A gift shop that sells random merchandise or a gift shop that spews out beautiful little princesses young and old out into the streets of Fantasyland. I love BBB. I adore it, except that time when the lady treated me like crap because I wasn't a paying customer and simply just had questions that she could not answer herself but kept pointing me to a number on a brochure. Evil lady. I probably should have reported her but I didn't care a few minutes afterwards to care much but I will never forget her. I hope to run into here again and ask her more questions... HA HA HA!
    ........ Someone get him a straight jacket.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJane View Post
    I'd like to see something in the vein of Fantasmic, like MarkTwain suggested, where the villains try take over the castle. I'd like to see old characters combined with new.
    Oh you mean.. like TDL's castle forecourt summer show in 2008 "Starlight Dreams"?
    Oh well.. go to You Tube and do a search for that show.. and be amazed.
    Actually, I think I posted that video here in the WDW section not long ago... Or you can buy the dvd of that show, which is on sale in Japan.

• Indy's Girl

Oh you mean.. like TDL's castle forecourt summer show in 2008 "Starlight Dreams"?
    Oh well.. go to You Tube and do a search for that show.. and be amazed.
    Actually, I think I posted that video here in the WDW section not long ago... Or you can buy the dvd of that show, which is on sale in Japan.
    Just checked it out and that looks a lot like what I'm thinking about. I've never been to TDL (one day), but have long said that a lot of what they have going on is exactly what I'd like to see at WDW (I mean, a Jack Skellington float for Halloween? Why can't WDW have that?).

I really, really can't express how much I dislike WDW's castle shows. For such a beautiful centerpiece, they come across as really hokey and unspectacular.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

It's not a matter of getting it. You obviously agree.
    Ohhh helllno I don't agree. MK is the best there is and will always be! No one can tell me different. I will never visit TDL and suddenly think it is better than MK. I visited DL twice now and I don't think it's better than MK by any means. MK is always better than all.

• Banned User

Ohhh helllno I don't agree.
    You keep believing that
    MK is the best there is and will always be! No one can tell me different.
    I hate to break it to you but I just did, and will continue to do so when I feel it's necesary for the lurking management types need to be told their job at the MK is mediocre. But Please, in regards to your stance on this, do not make me say.."ignorance is bliss". Oooops!
    But you can not just come on and say.. "MK is the best, period". Tell us exactly why you feel that way, and more importantly, why do you feel this way without having had first hand experience with other DL-type parks abroad outside the USA. Personally, I would never claim any specific park to the best without having experienced it myself, nor would I even dare making an opinion at all.
    I will never visit TDL and suddenly think it is better than MK. I visited DL twice now and I don't think it's better than MK by any means. MK is always better than all.
    No one is telling you not to like the MK. I for one appreciate the fact that each of the DL-style parks have something unique to offer, including atmosphere.. But some of us do not take the parks at face value. You see.. there is more to the name "Disney" than just Space Mountain or the BBB. This is where I find the MK, and it's shows (except Wishes) lacking in some merits. As for you never visiting TDL.. well, your loss. But I hope you do.. not to find find out how much more quality is there.. but just to have the chance to see it for it's unique approach and attractions..

Finally.. just a reminder.. you asked for our opinions on the show idea.. and I gave it to you. So, if your position on this is going to be simply "the MK is best no matter what", then why even bother asking for ideas and opinions about the MK at all?
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 05-04-2009 at 01:50 AM.

• Another trip down I-4

None. I'd rather be able to walk through the castle at most times of the day, and to disperse the performers to be 'streetmosphere' at each of the lands. An Adventureland show, now that'd be spiffy.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Agreed. I am so sick of the princess sensory overload.

Ohhh helllno I don't agree. MK is the best there is and will always be! No one can tell me different. I will never visit TDL and suddenly think it is better than MK. I visited DL twice now and I don't think it's better than MK by any means. MK is always better than all.
    Yeah keep telling yourself that. De Nile isn't just a river in Africa. I've never even been to TDL but I can see from the photos that it's light years better that MK. I even like DL better than MK and I haven't been to DL in 20 years.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

You So, if your position on this is going to be simply "the MK is best no matter what", then why even bother asking for ideas and opinions about the MK at all?
    All I have to say is I welcome everyone's opinions on the question in hand, please don't put it out there that I do not welcome contrast opinions or ideas about MK, you personally take a stand at discussing MK in a lower form while I discuss it in a higher form. I bother to ask because I am here as a member interested in opinions and ideas. So please don't attempt to misread my intentions here and attempt to turn it around on me asking me why I should even "bother" asking at all. I bother to do so because I enjoy the chats, forums and responses.

I was just hoping to get ideas for new shows for the castle but alas I get more how MK is not as good at TDL. I also get your agenda with the higher ups viewing the boards and your message to them but I don't think it is working, stitch's new tomorrowland show is proof of that!

It becomes a broken record just as my enjoyment and praise of MK becomes a broken record. That's all. Nothing wrong with broken records but a new record would be nice every now and then.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 05-04-2009 at 01:33 PM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Yeah keep telling yourself that. De Nile isn't just a river in Africa. I've never even been to TDL but I can see from the photos that it's light years better that MK. I even like DL better than MK and I haven't been to DL in 20 years.
    Well bravo to you for rating the parks in terms of which one you personally like better. More power to you and I wish nothing on you changing your mind about that.

I'm not in "De Nile" I'm just a MK boy. What more can I say. I have visited DL twice and I can say that honestly I still love MK more. I say this because this year I made the choice to visit WDW/MK again for the 7th time rather than a 3rd trip to DL, which will come when Wonders Of Colors and the other DCA rides are open. No rush on my part to visit DL again anytime soon.

I have too seen great videos/photos on TDL, love DisneySea! But I just don't come away from photos as you have that TDL is "light years better than MK". That's how you see it, which is perfectly fine, I'm just stating that I don't see myself jumping in the group that rate the parks with MK at the very bottom. That's all. And that's me assuming many do rate MK at the very bottom which who knows if anyone actually does that but it does appear that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast