Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Re: A Disneyland Gal's Trip to Walt Disney World - lots of words, lots of photos.

What do you do on a rainy day in Chicago? You read Wendy's trip report. So far, I have read up to the beginning of day three. What I have seen so far is really great. I especially loved the close up shots of the Tree of Life. That reminds me that on my up and coming trip, I have to put my camera on zoom, and take a lot of pictures of the tree.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

Re: A Disneyland Gal's Trip to Walt Disney World - lots of words, lots of photos.

GREAT TR!! Thanks for sharing!!!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    What do you do on a rainy day in Chicago? You read Wendy's trip report. So far, I have read up to the beginning of day three. What I have seen so far is really great. I especially loved the close up shots of the Tree of Life. That reminds me that on my up and coming trip, I have to put my camera on zoom, and take a lot of pictures of the tree.
    I know you're going to have so much fun. Those carvings really pop right out at you and some of the things I didn't even notice until I looked at my photos.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Thank you so much for your report! I love all of the detail! And your photos are awesome!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the time, and work that you put into your report. Your pictures are just wonderful. There is just so much to do, and see at WDW. Everyone that goes has their own special time, and their own different perspective with their cameras.

I thank you for sharing this all with me. It makes me even more excited for my coming trip.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Hug a Billy

Thank you for your kind comments. I do have fun with the camera!

And thank you NeverNeverland for encouraging me to do this Trip Report.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You should have gone on Space Mountain because it's different from Disneyland's. It has 2 separate tracks, the trains are different and there's no soundtrack. It closed earlier this month through November for a much-needed refurb.

Did you do Haunted Mansion? WDW's has a scene that's not in Disneyland's version.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Great trip report! We just went in February, and I have to say, it made me look at the Studios in a whole different way, Animal Kingdom as well. Isn't it fun to go back after many years? Seem to notice all the changes more.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Hug a Billy

The lines were so long for Space Mountain that I just felt I could make better use of my time by trying to do things that we don't have out here or that we have but WDW's is different. I'm sorry to say that all I heard about WDW Space Mountain was negative and so that and the length of the line was my main reason for not going.

Yes, we went on Haunted Mansion and yes I noticed the beginning is different. In ours you walk down the long hallway with the changing portraits to the doom buggys but in WDW that part is on the ride. And I noticed some other things at the beginning as being different and that I liked very much. I was also surprised that there was no waiting room before entering the stretching room. It was like you're in the front door and then boom you're in the stretching room. And is there really only one stretching room? We went in so fast I wasn't sure. And the stretching room seemed smaller but maybe not.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I don't blame you for not riding WDW's space Mountain! I don't have a death wish so I have never ridden it either
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Great report! I'll be looking for the videos too. I did love WDW and would like to go back one day, but I still prefer DL overall. I agree about the IASW there...it really seemed cheesy and disappointing to me. I do love the outside of the HM, it looks terrific. But inside, I prefer ours too. Same with POTC, the DL version is much better.

We lost some of our videos from our trip, my husband got off the Disney bus from the Contemporary to Hollywood Studios...and left his backpack on board. Inside were the brand-new digital videocam, his digital voice recorder and some personal items. Whoever got on immediately after us took it and we never saw it again. What bothers me most is someone out there has the videos of my son playing with the characters at his first character breakfast and all the other 'firsts' from our only trip there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    We remembered we had not been on the Winnie the Pooh ride in Fantasyland. I know, but I mistakenly thought this was the good one that moved around and twirled on the track. Of course as soon as we were on I realized that one must be in Tokyo.
    Not only does the Tokyo version of Pooh moves (glides) around with no track, it spins, it goes fowards and backwards... and it also hops up and down. We have yet to see this type of technology at the other Disney parks outside Japan. Just read what SuperMatt had to say about that in his recent trip report to Tokyo Disneyland.. now avail in the Tokyo section of Micechat.

• Hug a Billy

That looks like a fascinating report about Tokyo. I'm looking forward to reading what he has to say about his experience. Thanks for the heads up.

• Banned User

I'll be at WDW next week. I might even post a trip report...if I can ever figure out how to get pics up on this site.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    The lines were so long for Space Mountain that I just felt I could make better use of my time by trying to do things that we don't have out here or that we have but WDW's is different. I'm sorry to say that all I heard about WDW Space Mountain was negative and so that and the length of the line was my main reason for not going.

Yes, we went on Haunted Mansion and yes I noticed the beginning is different. In ours you walk down the long hallway with the changing portraits to the doom buggys but in WDW that part is on the ride. And I noticed some other things at the beginning as being different and that I liked very much. I was also surprised that there was no waiting room before entering the stretching room. It was like you're in the front door and then boom you're in the stretching room. And is there really only one stretching room? We went in so fast I wasn't sure. And the stretching room seemed smaller but maybe not.
    Another difference is that a lot of the sound and visual effects are much snazzier at WDW's Mansion. Constance (the attic bride) is much sharper, Leota and the graveyard scene look better, the surround sound in the stretching room is amazing, etc. Since the refurb, I prefer the WDW Mansion, although I like the walk through area in DL's version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast