Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   

Re: A Disneyland Gal's Trip to Walt Disney World - lots of words, lots of photos.

Very nice pictures and report thanks for posting!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: A Disneyland Gal's Trip to Walt Disney World - lots of words, lots of photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    The lines were so long for Space Mountain that I just felt I could make better use of my time by trying to do things that we don't have out here or that we have but WDW's is different. I'm sorry to say that all I heard about WDW Space Mountain was negative and so that and the length of the line was my main reason for not going.

Yes, we went on Haunted Mansion and yes I noticed the beginning is different. In ours you walk down the long hallway with the changing portraits to the doom buggys but in WDW that part is on the ride. And I noticed some other things at the beginning as being different and that I liked very much. I was also surprised that there was no waiting room before entering the stretching room. It was like you're in the front door and then boom you're in the stretching room. And is there really only one stretching room? We went in so fast I wasn't sure. And the stretching room seemed smaller but maybe not.
    Yeah WDW's Space Mountain has been getting pretty rickety over the years. Thankfully this is being addressed in the refurb that's going on right now.

And there's a waiting room before the stretching room in our Haunted Mansion. You probably just walked right through it and didn't notice. It has Master Gracey's aging portrait in there. Sometimes they usher you through so quickly they don't give you a chance to stop and appreciate. I think we have 2 stretching rooms... one on either side of the aging portrait. I usually end up in the one on the left. And with our stretching room, the ceiling just goes up. at Disneyland's, it's usd as an elevator to get you below grownd to the loading area. We don't have that at WDW the park was built with no real boundry issues back then.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    And there's a waiting room before the stretching room in our Haunted Mansion. You probably just walked right through it and didn't notice. It has Master Gracey's aging portrait in there. Sometimes they usher you through so quickly they don't give you a chance to stop and appreciate. I think we have 2 stretching rooms... one on either side of the aging portrait. I usually end up in the one on the left. And with our stretching room, the ceiling just goes up. at Disneyland's, it's usd as an elevator to get you below grownd to the loading area. We don't have that at WDW the park was built with no real boundry issues back then.
    We went to the one on the right. I did notice the portrait but the room seemed much smaller and yes they ushered us through quickly. I didn't realize the ceiling was going up! I thought it was an elevator like ours. How about that

• Hug a Billy

I've finally gotten another video uploaded to YouTube. This one is Anastasia and Drizella Tremaine performing "Sing Sweet Nightingale" with encouragement from their mother Lady Tremaine (Cinderella's step mother and sisters).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJokTKhprI"]link[/ame]

• Hug a Billy

I'm slowly but surely getting my videos posted on YouTube.

This one I did of Mickey's Dream show in front of the castle. I recorded it mainly because the eyes and mouths of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald move and we don't have anything like this at Disneyland.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg58RE4GibQ&feature=channel_page"]link[/ame]

The next videos are of the Lights Motor Action Stunt Show at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lots of burning rubber, car jumping, fire, explosions (insert Tim Allen grunt here) .

Part 1
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtlMq5jJpkA&feature=channel_page"]link[/ame]

Part 2
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3di-OVw0Obw&feature=channel_page"]link[/ame]

Part 3
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC5Jo9LIkQA&feature=channel_page"]link[/ame]

I still have Sunny Eclipse, Country Bears, the organ playing up in Swiss Family Tree House, and Indy Jones Stunt Show.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123