• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face Any1 Ever Dine, View Illuminations From Rose & Crown Pub? Worth It? Good View?

Been trying to surf the net to find actual photos of the seating area but only get "view from rose & crown pub" photos which doesn't tell me what area is the best to view it because from what I'm seeing some seats are good and others have large light fixtures and lamp posts in your viewing range from the ever so talked about "seating area" at the Rose & Crown Pub.

If you know a website, a photo or if you have photos of the seating area outdoors please share with us all.

whoooa. Typed too soon. Found at least one patio shot, more is welcomed, especially the night time full capacity ones.

Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 05-02-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Re: Any1 Ever Dine, View Illuminations From Rose & Crown Pub? Worth It? Good View?

The view is good, but then again, you can save all of the money spent at the Pub and get equally good or better views of the show in other areas of the lagoon. So no, it's not worth it.

• Inappropriate

Re: Any1 Ever Dine, View Illuminations From Rose & Crown Pub? Worth It? Good View?

I've done this a few times, because I really like the food there. But what makes it worth it is if you get an outside table where you can watch the show from the comfort of your own table while you still eat. If you get an inside table, they have a designated viewing area outside for the guests with inside tables, and then your standing shoulder to shoulder in a little corral and it's not as fun. You can accomplish that anywhere else around the lagoon. So yeah, outside table = worth it. Inside table = not so much. And you can't request one or the other. Just luck of the draw.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Indy's Girl

Personally, my favorite viewing spot is kind of between Norway and Mexico. Feels like the fireworks are exploding right over your head.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Well I will have "free dining" so this meal won't cost me a thing. Plus me and my party won't have to stand for a long time waiting for the show to begin. We can sit down, eat but yeah the area looks very tight. I figured there would be more space.

I love to watch the fireworks between those gift shops, that area they rope off and sometimes allow people to flood floor area in front of the lagoon, can't remember what it's called. I remember laying out on the pavement and the fireworks literally exploding over me. It was amazing.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJane View Post
    Personally, my favorite viewing spot is kind of between Norway and Mexico. Feels like the fireworks are exploding right over your head.
    I agree with this. That is exactly where you want to be, especially when the winds are blowing towards the west.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I have watched it from the standing room area. It was a pretty good view. I don't like Illuminations, so I didn't really care what kind of view it was lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Neverland.. I appreciate your honesty about not liking Illuminations. It's a decent show for what it is.. but one whole decade after it premiered.. it really needs to go for good and be updated with a new night time spectacle that incorporate more of the technical wizardry we see in TDS' BraviSEAmo.. and with a solid storytelling that does not come off preachy like.. the "we go on" theme of Reflections of Earth. It would help too if they finally unplugged the huge revolving TV sequence... Boring boring boring.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

It's not worth it for me...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• Indy's Girl

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Neverland.. I appreciate your honesty about not liking Illuminations. It's a decent show for what it is.. but one whole decade after it premiered.. it really needs to go for good and be updated with a new night time spectacle that incorporate more of the technical wizardry we see in TDS' BraviSEAmo.. and with a solid storytelling that does not come off preachy like.. the "we go on" theme of Reflections of Earth. It would help too if they finally unplugged the huge revolving TV sequence... Boring boring boring.
    Agreed. I have went for over a week and completely skipped Illuminations. I do like the way the fireworks explode right over my head, but that's about two seconds out of the entire show. Not to mention wait time.

The TV is pretty lame. Especially considering the time you wait in order to see the show.

As a kid, I remember really liking the show. That was back in the 80s. It desperately needs a fresh update or a new show all together.