Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Video from the New Stitch 'Attraction'

I'm hoping the days of Disney trying to crowbar Stitch into everything is over.

• Not here to help

If they had to rush things they could atleast have a meet and greet with wall-e or something... atleast that could have a real futuristic theme to it
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Little Miss Sunshine

I have photos and video links here: MouseSteps - Park/Resort Updates
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Disneyholic

I know they where grasping at straws for something to draw people into Tomorrowland while Space mountain and the TTA where being refurbed but that really does look awful. That said I'm sure they will tweak the heck out of it over the next few weeks. I guess I'll check it out when I'm down there in a few weeks just to be able to describe it better, hopefully it's better in person.

A few observations though, am I the only one who thinks the "robots" look more like rejects from a Powerrangers costume party? I like the GoGo dancer's and all but it's amost too retro, and not enough futuristic.

I think the show would have been better in the old galaxy place theater if it still existed, maybee they could move some of those triangular shade panels over from the communicore in Epcot center to provide a little shade it may be bearable this summer but as temporary attractions go I think they spent way too much on the stage and not enough on the storyline.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

This looks massively disappointing.

I wish they would just have done something like Tomorrowland Terrace at Disneyland and have some bands playing... that always makes a fun, cool atmosphere, not this... lame one.

• HauntedOne999

The whole storyline of the show was horrible... was that the best they could do in tieing in the "What Will You Celebrate" theme? and what is going to happen to the show once the campaign is over?
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I'm speechless.

I just...

Wow. They actually spent money building new structures for this garbage? Epic failure.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Observer

Red Face Re: Video from the New Stitch 'Attraction'

FYI

When a decision was made to create a new Tomorrowland show, many already knew that Galaxy Palace Theatre (GPT) would close and for a number of reasons. While GPT entertained audiences with seasonal shows and Magic Music Days, the theatre did not have existing special effects or a control tower to do anything lavish. The stage was in need of serious repair (gotta love Florida weather) and to install anything would have pushed the back end of the stage out further. It would have been more expensive to gut/redo the GPT than to just start fresh.

All the Disney purists out there will agree that Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration (SSC) either needs to be blown up or at the very least needs work and in more ways than one. Yet, there is reason to be optimistic. The new stage does compliment Tomorrowland and with the jumbo tron/ control tower, new shows can come and go much like the castle forecourt.

That being said, the biggest blunder was in the early design stages when enough wasn't bugdeted for a shade structure of some sort. And its going to be unlikely that there will be any attempt to rectify this problem since it would require another work permit, not to mention the astronomical cost.

So for now, guests can snooze or squeeze breeze their way through the show as Tip Trendo sweats us through the rather slow narrative with the solar system err sun beaming down from above. At least the show itself will likely be shortened, if not edited.

Happy Galaxy Day!

That really was painful to watch. In the summer with the heat, I wonder how many really will stop to watch it? I tried to watch the entire thing in the A/C comfort of home, but I ended up just fast forwarding several times, to the next song.... wondering if it would get any better. It didn't.

I had very low expectations of this, that were rised only slightly after the surprisingly good Misici debut, but this truely exceeded my LOW expectations in an Epic way. it was even lower that my already low expectations by a mile and half and then some. I felt my life being sucked from me. Its 15 minutes I will never get back

• never late, never early

ahem.......BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    “If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
    -Winnie the Pooh

• formerly Gravey80

Ummm......well......I........

Nothing....I have no words for that. None what so ever.

It didn't even look like Stitch's mouth was moving to look like he was talking.

• ...TWO BITS!

I had low expectations for this show in the beginning. I actually watched the entire show video.

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    What a waste. Not to mention...now you have two attractions within close proximity of each other using exactly the same technology. It was bad enough to have two using the same tech in one resort. Now guests may go from one to another and say..."Oh...that again."
    Yup. Same tech (living character initivative). Same character (Stitch). From my count, 3 character based attractions & 4 non-character based attractions so far. Not much variety.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    That piece of garbage makes the Celebrate Street Party (or whatever they call it) here at the DLR look like Swan Lake!
    I will actually agree on this comment regarding CASP.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeKnight View Post
    It would have been more expensive to gut/redo the GPT than to just start fresh.

The new stage does compliment Tomorrowland and with the jumbo tron/ control tower, new shows can come and go much like the castle forecourt.

That being said, the biggest blunder was in the early design stages when enough wasn't bugdeted for a shade structure of some sort.

At least the show itself will likely be shortened, if not edited.

Happy Galaxy Day!
    I would rather have it start fresh.

Totally agree on POSSIBLE future productions. Perhaps this first go-around will help teach management how to use this area more properly.

I think if enough complaints come in, a budget for shade will magically appear

One of the many things they can take out from the dialouge is introducing each of the dancer's names.

During the "dead air" with the actual "talk to stitch" portion, I think should play a low underscore of the film music.

The other issue I think is the screen is so far away from the audience it reduces the "closeness" compared to being indoors and near the screen for character interaction. I think in the future when they don't have character interaction and is just used as a jumbo-tron, it will be better.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 05-08-2009 at 08:15 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Diamond Edition

Disney has decided to cancel the show. June 27th will be the final day of performances.

Source: Stitch's Supersonic Celebration closing for good | Lifthill

I went to see it the other day and there were technical issues that prevented the comuterized Stitch from working. I had avoided watching online videos because I wanted to experience it in person. Even not counting the malfunction and the awkwardness that resulted, it was still a really bad show and all of the performers seemed to wish they were somewhere else (and I don't blame them).

I wonder what they will do with the stage?

• Crazy Furry

Well thankfully that didn't last long, too bad I can't say the same for the other Stitch eyesore.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Banned User

Wow. That is truly pathetic.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast