Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Engine Co 71

7 nights of dining, where to go???

My girlfriend and I will be visiting in August along with my brother and a friend of mine and we all are using the dining plan. We will be in town for 7 nights, two of which we wont be using our table service credits since I will be paying out of pocket for The Chefs Table at Victoria and Alberts (locked in ADR!!) and the other night will be dinner off property. We are staying at the AKL.

Does anyone have dining recomendations for the each theme park and maybe some of the resorts? So far I have been to,

Narcosee's
    Brown Derby
    Fulton's
    Crystal Palace
    Royal Table
    50's Prime Time Cafe
    Liberty Tree Tavern
    Tutto Italio
    Teppan Edo

I am looking for some new experiences this trip as far as dining. Let me know what you think!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: 7 nights of dining, where to go???

You skipped Le Cellar (Canada) and the resturant in France (both at Epcot) which are highly recommended.

You can also do the 50s resturant in DHS if you are up to being harrassed by your waitress to eat your veggies.

The other big one is the restaurant in the Seas at Epcot.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

If you guys like your meat, 2 of my favorites restaurants are O'Hana at the Polynesian Resort and Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge.

If you're at the Marketplace, you can get a large portion of food at a fairly reasonable price at Wolfgang Puck Express.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I don't recommend the french place, but Le Cellier is delicious.
    California Grill and O'Hana as well.
    If ou want adventurous, go to Boma.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Jiko at AKL.

California Grill at Contemporary. (Try to book a reservation around 30 minutes prior to the fireworks, and watch from the observation deck.)

Brian

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Boma for sure. Since you're staying at AKL that will be easy!
    Le Cellier. Delicious!
    Sci-Fi-DHS. The food has always been good for us and it's always fun.
    Whipsering Canyon-Wilderness Lodge. The food is good & it's fun

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• First Time Disneylander

Le Cellier in Epcot is my personal favorite, and (although I've never been there before), I've heard that Cape May Cafe is one of the best meals in WDW. Since you're going to have some leftover meals anyway, I definitely recommend the Hoop-dee-doo Revue. It's definitely the best dinner show on property and I believe it's the longest running dinner show in the world. The show is great and the food is served all-you-can-eat family style.
    Walt Disney World - August 2010!

• Banned User

Ale House on route 535.. That is where all the CMs go to eat.. because they know better.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxalarm View Post
    My girlfriend and I will be visiting in August along with my brother and a friend of mine and we all are using the dining plan. We will be in town for 7 nights, two of which we wont be using our table service credits since I will be paying out of pocket for The Chefs Table at Victoria and Alberts (locked in ADR!!) and the other night will be dinner off property. We are staying at the AKL.

Does anyone have dining recomendations for the each theme park and maybe some of the resorts? So far I have been to,

Narcosee's
    Brown Derby
    Fulton's
    Crystal Palace
    Royal Table
    50's Prime Time Cafe
    Liberty Tree Tavern
    Tutto Italio
    Teppan Edo

I am looking for some new experiences this trip as far as dining. Let me know what you think!
    Ohh I've got some great suggestions.

Magic Kingdom:

I always suggest an outdoors table seating at Tony's Town Square on Main Street. It is quite enjoyable to check out Main Street's daily happenings, characters running around, parades, live entertainment happening while you eat. Now during the summer months it may be hot but it is a fun experience to be had on Main Street.

Epcot:

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at Norway's Pavilion is very warm and an escape from the average dining experience. This is a great alternative to MK's Royal Table. You've got interesting conversation with your Norway Cast Members and you can catch many Princesses without having to hunt them down in the parks for an autograph or a photo op. The interior is castle like and the food was pretty good. I didn't regret paying for this experience when I didn't have free dining or the dining plan.

And with me being Hispanic I of coursed dined at Mexico's San Angel Inn inside Mexico's pavilion. This experience has the same feel as Disneyland's Blue Bayou except this dining experience has more of a lively fare meaning live music at certain times of the day and more interesting people to chat to about Mexico and their culture. Very romantic at the same time friendly with a mixed group. Just remember to ask for a table next to the water.

Animal Kingdom:

The only place I've ever eaten from here is counter service meals. If you want an experience then I'd suggest skipping dining here and heading to the AK resort for their choices.

Hollywood Studios.

I would suggest Brown Derby but you've already done that. I've also enjoyed Mama Melrose Ristorante Italiano but would not return for a second visit, well only after I've checked every other resturant WDW has to offer. I've done Brown Derby twice now and will probably do it again with free dining. I've also done the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre, the seats are two per row, with your party sitting in the row in front of you with their backs to you. Like a car at a drive in. This is great for familes but a foursome wanting to face each other and conversate, probably worth skipping. But the vintage reels on the big screen was nice to watch.

I've also done the 50's Prime Time Cafe where the "mothers" make sure you eat everything off your plate and make sure your elbows are off the table. Well my party didn't get the experience as seen on the Travel Channel/Food Network Tv specials, we got a woman who maybe delivered a line and then just did her thing to get through the day. We didn't complain on her, we figured she had issues that went deeper than playing a role for us. So maybe you'll get a great actress into the role or maybe you'll get a waitress there to do her job. The food isn't all the rave but the cherry cokes and vanilla cokes were amazing! They just tasted so damn good! The taste is still memorble and I think they make mix it before giving it to you, not premixed. Not too sure about that.

As for resort dining...

Boardwalk.

We've only gotten treats from the bakery and once ate at ESPN because the guy I was with just LOVED sports even though I hated them. But the night life is very entertaining at the Boardwalk so eating at one of the resturants here on the Boardwalk, followed by a night time stroll and visit to the Boardwalk hotel, well it does make for a great evening.

Grand Floridian Resort

I've done the 1900 Park Fare character dining at night followed by a stroll through the hotel and visiting the dock to watch the fireworks over the water and to catch the electrial water parade, very enjoyable evening. Worth the memories and experience. The fireworks did look small from a distance but the unexpected surprise of the water parade was nice. Something classic and vintage to top the night. We then took the boat rides back to the MK across the water and walked and shopped on Main Street later that night.

Back to the characters, we loved Evil Stepmother and her two wicked daughters, Prince Charming and Cinderella were amazing! LOVED this character dining. Would do it again. But you have to book Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner to see the characters I mentioned. I've also dine during the morning for the character Supercalifragilistic Breakfast with Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter and Alice. Both worth doing again on future trips with new sets of visitors visiting the parks for the first time.

Polynesian:

I've also done the 'Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch at Ohana's at this resort. Very uplifting, vibrant, high enegry and great food. We didn't want to leave but we had to get started on our day. Stitch was funny and Pluto was very very high energy.

I've always wanted to do Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show but never got around to doing it. I've always made choices over it but may do it this year. I would suggest heading over to YouTube to view this dining experience.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tSSFA1vHdI"]YouTube - Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show[/ame]

Wilderness Lodge:

I've done Whispering Canyon Café and found it to be very high energy but very kid friendly meaning I wasn't looking for a kid at heart geared dining experience. Maybe if I was traveling with youngers ones we would have had more fun but really the whole experience was for the kids. They always came first as they should in this type of dining experience. It's very family friendly and something new if you're looking for that. Also very loud at times. Bring headache medicine if you're not a fan of screaming at the top of your lungs dining. A member of my party did get a headache and hated the experience but did laugh when she asked for ketchup! You'll see if you ask for it if you do indeed dine here.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 05-05-2009 at 02:04 AM.

My favorites were:

Ohana at the Polynesian
    Jiko at AKL
    Biregarten at Epcot
    Tusker House for Breaksfast in AK
    Crystal Palace in MK
    Sci-Fi in DHS

When I went in Nov. I really dug the Rose and Crown. Good heavy food for a cool night, and they have Guinness.
    I don't like strollers, kids on leashes or ecv's. Yeah, I'm a jerk like that. But I am pro musket cap gun at D Land.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxalarm View Post

Narcosee's
    Brown Derby
    Fulton's
    Crystal Palace
    Royal Table
    50's Prime Time Cafe
    Liberty Tree Tavern
    Tutto Italio
    Teppan Edo

Ohana at the Polynesian is a MUST!!!! If you do not eat here, your vacation will be a bust.

• making magic is fun!

The Yachtsmen Steakhouse is much better than Le Cellier. I feel like Le Cellier has become that place where people feel like they need to go and there are some better options.
    I also really like LTT for lunch and Chef De France for lunch.
    Kelly

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Definatly Le Cellier.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

[quote=Micoofy Duck;1055320056]
    I've always wanted to do Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show but never got around to doing it. I've always made choices over it but may do it this year. I would suggest heading over to YouTube to view this dining experience.
    [quote]

If you got any other options -- take them... The Spirit of Aloha show is *ok*, but didn't do anything for me. Maybe I had an off night... Maybe they had an off night. It was very *meh*.

Anyone mention Hoop-Dee-Doo yet? My favorite, but I'm a dork, so factor that in...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast