• Swice

At the risk of you laughing...

On a scale of 1-10... just how crowded are the week of July 4th?

Are the fireworks worth it fighting the crowds to see?

We're thinking about Seaworld camp for our kids July 4th week... figuring crowds wouldn't have much of an impact on them and the camp. But what about if my wife and I want to stroll over the Epcot or another park that week while the kids are in camp?

Re: At the risk of you laughing...

Quote Originally Posted by Swice View Post

We're thinking about Seaworld camp for our kids July 4th week... figuring crowds wouldn't have much of an impact on them and the camp. But what about if my wife and I want to stroll over the Epcot or another park that week while the kids are in camp?
    Not laughing over here, the best illustration I can think of is Disney brand Sardines. But with people instead of fish.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swice View Post

Just to illustrate... here is the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon:

heheheh Just kidding, but the parks will pretty much look like this. That much I can tell you!!

Main Street is one way and it is packed. I didn't know that many people could fit in the park. However, I still had fun! It all depends on attitude.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

So packed they'll close the parks and not let anyone in.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

*) Option One: go to the parks, keep a stiff upper lip and enjoy all the things that Disney offers without going on the rides. See the street performers, visit the shops, talk to the employees.

*) Don't go to the parks...but do go to Disney. Downtown Disney, DisneyQuest, La Nouba will be full--but not like the parks. You'll get the zing you crave from Disney without the crowds. Maybe check out some of the resorts, especially all the swanky ones that you might never stay in, have meal and head out into Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake. Pioneer Hall has a buffet and a show.

*) Avoid Disney but see the great minor stuff around Orlando. There are more minigolf courses then you can shake a stick at and some, like the three Congo river courses, are fantastic!

*) Discovery Cove only lets 1000 people in per day. It is mucho expensive, but you know it won't be crowded.

*) Hotels have pools. Sometimes it is just fun to do nothing and order room service. You don't have to really be in the park to enjoy their fireworks.

Hopefully that will help. Remember, too, that the heat is on during July and August in Florida and even the strongest of tempers will be tested--don't be part of that group. Smile big, wave, breathe deep.

And you'll have a great time no matter what you do? No, I'm not laughing. Not my way!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    So packed they'll close the parks and not let anyone in.
    I'd figure

I've never been around for the 4th but my new years experience tells me that Epcot is probably the most comfortable park to be in during these times. The trick I suppose is to know how to play the crowds. World Showcase is likely to not have too bad a wait period and Future World gets reasonable waits for everything as it gets later on in the day (well except the popular stuff, just forget about Test Track/Mission Space/Soarin rides) I guess living with the land and Journey into imagination keep small waits. But then again I think I'm a strange creature that enjoys Living with the Land (especially since I fit more with teh younger group :P my parantz have distorted my upbringing)

Anywho, if your looking for Fireworks Epcot gets my vote if only for it's big paths, I know there are some sweet spots in areas of the world showcase to look at fireworks from neighboring parks too but if your just feeling a bit lazy I'd almost recommend just going to the far back of the World Showcase the crowds weren't as dense there this last New Years. And if your not in a hurry to get out anyways, you can enjoy a nice leasurly walk back through the showcase and look at scenery while everyone else packs together and either sprints for their car or whatever ride is still open (no idea how operations works for the fourth but durring New Years I got a nice quick ride through Grand Fiesta tour as it had no wait and that ride is so happy :B).

• Disneyholic

I would do the following, try to do MK on the 3rd it will still be crowded but not as bad as the 4th, and you can see the 4th fireworks display on the 3rd when they do the test run.

Epcot is larger and handles large crowds much better than the other parks during peak times and Holidays, get there early use the fast pass while you can (I'd expect them to "sell out" by 10 am so choose wisely.) And spend the rest of the day enjoying the world showcase.

If the parks are too crowded for you check out the resorts, all of the Deluxe resorts will probably have special events planned. Ask at the front desk concierge for a list or the location of the events board.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

If you go, plan on getting there early, because they could reach capacity and close later in the day.

And Downtown Disney will be extremely busy too. My parents have gone there on Christmas thinking it wouldn't be busy because everyone was at the parks. WRONG! It wasn't bad in the morning, but after lunch it got insanely busy.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Is it possible to see the firework shows from areas like Seven Seas Lagoon or Crescent Lake? I think it would be a cool idea to get a hotel room maybe at the Polynesian or one of the hotels looking over Crescent Lake (behind Epcot) for the night and that way you only have to walk like a few feet outside to watch the fireworks. You wont get a whole spectacular view of it but I imagine you would get a good enough view of the show without dealing with the hassle of filing out of the parks afterwards. But you better reserve a room while you still can.

You can see the MK fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian Resort. I did that last year and it was different seeing them that way. Plus you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant that circles the lagoon.

• Sock Puppet

Yes you can see the fireworks.

It is very crowded in July since school is over. Good luck on your trip.