• Little Miss Sunshine

Updated Celebrate Parade Pics, Bay Lake Tower, Sanaa at the AKV

The Magic Kingdom updated it's parade a week ago, with more characters - many more - and taking away the Villains float. That was my favorite float, but I still think the parade is MUCH better now.

I have photos of the parade (as well as of the Contemporary and some extra pics from Characters in Flight and the tree houses) here:

MouseSteps - 5/7 Treehouse, New Contemporary BLT Signage, Parade Photos

Some larger:

There are a lot of facades around the MK:

And leaving the MK, this cupcake should never be eaten by only one person:

Signs are going up at the Bay Lake Tower:

I have a Sanaa dining review here with photos:

MouseSteps - Resort Dining

And a few larger:

My tandoori chicken, which had a little too much yogurt and could have used some more chicken:

A chef talking to the couple at the next table, they were complimenting him on the burgers (I guess the burgers were really good!):

Part of the dessert sampler:

Overall, I liked the Sanaa lunch - it's pricey, so something I'd only do once in a great while. I took some video of the restaurant as well too:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfeCdh0OZas]YouTube - Sanaa, at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village[/ame]

I think I have 25 or more minutes now of Kidani footage, as well as nearly 300 total photos.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Updated Celebrate Parade Pics, Bay Lake Tower, Sanaa at the AKV

Oh wow, just wish I could be close to WDW like you and cover it on a weekly basis, sometimes daily. So jealous of your line of "work"! ;o)

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to return to Disney World this October and I helped 2 families book their trip to WDW this summer. I'd give them your site link except they are the type that don't really use the web even though I told them to get all what you can from online such as sites like yours and DisneyWorld.com. Oh well.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Oh wow, just wish I could be close to WDW like you and cover it on a weekly basis, sometimes daily. So jealous of your line of "work"! ;o
    Micoofy, I think I live closer to WDW than Denise and could visit daily as well... and take photos etc, but why take Denise's duty away when I have to go off and visit TDR, HKDL.. Paris.. and photograph those parks as well.. Hard work I am telling you. I don't think you'd be willing to do that while trying to enjoy WDW. So there is no need to be jealous.

Denise.. lovely pictures as always.. thank you for the hard work you put into sharing your photos...and I encourage everyone to visit Denise's site for more.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I live about 35 miles away (from Downtown Disney), so I bet you are much closer than me! I wish I could get back to Paris again soon, but hopefully in the next year. I have spent too much time at Disneyland and not enough going to Europe.

I'm glad you are still flying all over to other Disney parks, TDL - I always enjoy your pics. Thank you for the nice words about mine too.

Micoofy, I think I live closer to WDW than Denise and could visit daily as well... and take photos etc, but why take Denise's duty away when I have to go off and visit TDR, HKDL.. Paris.. and photograph those parks as well.. Hard work I am telling you. I don't think you'd be willing to do that while trying to enjoy WDW. So there is no need to be jealous.

Denise.. lovely pictures as always.. thank you for the hard work you put into sharing your photos...and I encourage everyone to visit Denise's site for more.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• World Traveler

Thanks for the great pics, Denise! I hope to see them in person when I go in a few weeks.

• Engine Co 71

Looks very nice! I might have to stop in while I am at AKL!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Loved the video. thank you so much for bringing us a great first look. The restaurant looks beautiful. But, from the video, it sounded really loud. Was that just a video thing, or did you find the background music and noise to be a bit loud?

Did you like the food?

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Loved the video. thank you so much for bringing us a great first look. The restaurant looks beautiful. But, from the video, it sounded really loud. Was that just a video thing, or did you find the background music and noise to be a bit loud?

Did you like the food?

-Dusty
    Dusty - The restaurant was fairly empty, they were running at 50% capacity that day (being it was only the 2nd day, but now it should be up to 100%). It didn't seem too noisy to me, but perhaps if the restaurant was full it would be. There is music everywhere around the resort, but it didn't seem overwhelming to me. You will see there is noone in the bar yet either - so with a full restaurant and a full bar, I'd expect some noise.

I liked the food - I did a full review on it. The samosas were fairly standard, but I'm a huge fan of vegetable samosas and was happy with them. I didn't order the bread because it seemed expensive - nearly $10.00 for an order to share. That was a smart move because my chicken tandoori came on a huge piece of naan bread. I thought there could have been a little more chicken and a little less of the yogurt dressing for the tandoori. The dessert sampler was good, if very small portions for the price. The mango lassi was excellent. I also was happy I did not need any tissues to get through my food, it wasn't spicy enough.

I was glad that the 20% TIW discount was available, it helped bring down the bill. It was worth the visit.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.