Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Special Dining at Epcot

Morning all,

Going to Orlando last week in September, first week in October this year (yippie). Last year we were very lucky and had a fantastic meal at Les Chefs de France. The only thing was we ate during the fireworks and missed the whole thing!

I want to book something special this time around but would like to actually the show! Where would be the best place to book to see the fireworks while we eat? My hubby has never seen them so if it means eating fish and chips out of a basket while sitting outside then so be it!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

re: Special Dining at Epcot

The Rose & Crown Pub in the England pavilion is the only sitdown restaurant to have an outside seating area. When you arrive at the restaurant you can request outside seating. I'd suggest arriving at least 2 hours before showtime, as the outside tables are very popular.

Good luck!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

California Grill.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I think the show they were referring to is IllumiNations in Epcot. While you could see parts of it from the CG balcony, it wouldn't really be close enough to be worth it. However, if you'd like to see MK fireworks from a remote location, you can't beat the CG balcony. They pipe in the music, so you can hear as well as see the show. And your waiter will be happy to hold your dinner or next course till the fireworks are over.

Ca Grill for fireworks, Rose and Crown for Illuminations.
    I don't like strollers, kids on leashes or ecv's. Yeah, I'm a jerk like that. But I am pro musket cap gun at D Land.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oh! I don't see Illuminations as a fireworks show LOL
    OP... Illuminations is lame and boring, so you're better off having a great meal and missing the show.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Re: Special Dining at Epcot

I don't know how I managed it last year but we missed every firework display disney had to offer...including 4th of July! We went with my mum last year and she wanted to get out of the parks every day before 4pm. We've left her at home this time though!

I've heard amazing things about the California Grill, I might transfer our special meal there and watch the Illuminations after eating somewhere more basic.

How far in advance can you book meals? Another thread said 180 days but I'm sure I've heard 90 as well?

good luck on your trip....
    thanE

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Normally, when I visit Epcot, I have an early dinner, spend some time enjoying the World Showcase, and then get settled into a good viewing spot for Illuminations. I enjoy the show.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    OP... Illuminations is lame and boring, so you're better off having a great meal and missing the show.
    Totally your opinion, and you're welcome to it. But I really love IllumiNations - it's by far my favorite fireworks show at WDW.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Illuminations begins at 9 p.m., and I rarely eat that late when I am on vacation.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Totally your opinion, and you're welcome to it. But I really love IllumiNations - it's by far my favorite fireworks show at WDW.
    I don't think the show has aged at all - I've seen it over 100 times and it never gets old for me.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Meh. Fireworks are overrated. I go on the rides during the fireworks and parades. Usually the lines are shorter then.

• Engine Co 71

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    The Rose & Crown Pub in the England pavilion is the only sitdown restaurant to have an outside seating area. When you arrive at the restaurant you can request outside seating. I'd suggest arriving at least 2 hours before showtime, as the outside tables are very popular.

Good luck!

The only problem here is the outside area isn't that big and when the fireworks start people from inside come out crowding the patio area. At least during my dining experience there. Make a ADR for the time frame you want, show up 20-30 minutes prior to the reservation time and request a patio table. You can't reserve a certain area or table so showing up early and requesting it will assist the CM's with making it happen for you. I personally don't stick around for fireworks as I like to hit up the attractions that have shorter lines due to the show. Illuminations is a nice show, good luck with your plans!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxalarm View Post
    The only problem here [Rose & Crown outside seating area] is the outside area isn't that big and when the fireworks start people from inside come out crowding the patio area. At least during my dining experience there.
    I have to say at this point that I've never done the seating at the Rose & Crown for IllumiNations, so I'll totally take your word for it. I think that there are such great locations around the World Showcase that it would be a shame to limit yourself to just one table. Check out the bridge between England and France - wonderful views (right below you will be the boats doing the special fireworks excursion, so you know it's a great spot!). Or go to my favorite spot, right in front of the Canadian pavilion, just across from the steps that lead up into the pavilion. It seems like your view will be blocked by trees, so not many people stop there. But it really is the perfect location to see the show, and you don't have to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes to get a great view!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast