Unique Interview with Imagineer Eddie Sotto

Hello everyone!

forgive me if this isn't the right part of the forum to post this, feel free to move it if need be!

Thought you all may be interested in this. I just finished up an interview with former VP of Concept Design Eddie Sotto, and put it up on my Imagineering blog Imagineering Disney (imagineeringdisney.blogspot.com)

Check it out and enjoy! The interview is unique in that it features Eddie Sotto's take on some common topics such as Tommorowland 2055, the DCA refurb, and the ever elusive "5th park", and what he would do if he were to tackle these projects.

so go have a gander and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

• Minion

Re: Unique Interview with Imagineer Eddie Sotto

Very nice. Sotto is a genius with the portfolio to prove it. His points about budget constraints and breakthrough concepts getting stymied are well taken. WDI would be much better off with him still there.

• ...TWO BITS!

I enjoyed it.

Couple things I want to point out that needs to be sorely highlighted.

He mentions that WDI is full of ideas. Projects are proposed and either continue progressing or shelved in archieves. Just because an idea did not meet the public's eye, doesn't mean it wasn't discussed before.

Management controls the money. Budgets and schedules are expected to be met. This is a business. They have their needs that want to be met. WDI has their dreams that want to be met.

I can't and don't blame WDI entirely for "mistakes" because we the public will never get the entire story. Management will fight for something. WDI will fight for something. Or even for both parties, not at all. There is always something going on behind closed doors no matter how much we read on the net.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Thank you Randy and Filmfreak for your comments! The interview was a lot of fun to do and I'm glad you enjoyed it! I agree, not only did Eddie have a lot of interesting and really inventive ideas, but he also made some very insightful points about the internal workings of Imagineering that we as the public sometimes don't consider.

If this style of interview proves to be popular, I'll try to get some other Imagineer's and get their takes on similar topics. It would be fun to compare and contrast their answers

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This should probably be in the Disneyland forum since it mostly deals with Disneyland/DCA stuff.