Angry Cinderella's Royal Trouble!

So i did everything like I was suposed to I made ADR in my 90 day window on May third but while i had just made them the lady tolled me that the computers had just went down and that all my reservations were gone so we had to start over(keep in mind this is after i had given my debit card number for Cindys) well what ended up happening was that I gave her all my other ADR's but then she said that since I was not the main name that the pakege was under I had to use her credit card, so we used hers and got the reservation yay!! but this is when the trouble started I went online to check my account and to my surprise it had WDW DINING TICKETS on the purchase description which was apparently $84.00 any ways I did not have that much money in my account so it drafted money from my savings. SO now it shows that I tried to purchase something that I celarly did not have enough money for because I was on the dining plan and they only needed it in case I did not show up for my reservation. Anyways the money a few days ago magicaly appeared back but now I have a minus charge on my checking account help!!!!! Will this effect my credit history tHEY WERE NOt supposed to charge it what should I do???? help please thank u for your time.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Cinderella's Royal Trouble!

I'm not sure what we here can do to help.

If I was in your position I would only have one option. Make 2 phone calls.

First call your bank, explain the situation and see if this action by Disney has indeed effected your credit history. Then call Disney Dining, talk to a manager or someone higher up than the sales person. Now with your bank's answer in terms of your credit history talk to the manager at Disney Dining and basically tell them what they did, how it effect you in terms of your credit history. I can only imagine that you can file a complaint about how everything was handled and maybe Disney Dining can somehow compensate you for your troubles. A big "maybe" at that.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Smile Re: Cinderella's Royal Trouble!

thank you I will do exactly that tomorrow, thank you for the advice I needed it

• Disneyholic

There have been a lot of problems with the new Dining system, It was just opened up to Travel agents online recently and it's still got a lot of bugs in it... It tends to crash now and then but it's promising and soon everyone may be able to book dining online using the web-based shopping cart system. Unfortunately I have heard of folks having similar problems to the one you described above with double or erroneous charges.

I would suggest that in addition to the phone calls you write a letter to Disney explaining the situation and let them know that it has impacted your credit rating and they need to remedy it. You definitely want a paper trail there and the policy is to always respond to written correspondence.

Also when you call into Disney ask for Guest Services, explain the situation and NICELY ask if there is anything they can do for you to keep it from impacting your credit scores, etc. (I say Nicely since this is one group where you will get much farther asking nicely first than if you go storming in) They can do a lot more to help you than the reservation agents in the call center.

Sorry you had such a bad experience with the new dining system.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Sometimes it helps to use a credit card and not debit, because a credit card company will let you dispute a charge and they'll put it on hold while it is sorted out...thus removing chance for a credit issue.

But at the same time, you were all set to put the deposit on Cinderella's restaurant on your own debit card to begin with...so had they not said "I'm sorry it must go under a different name", you would still have had this $84 charge to your account, and you'd still be in the same pickle you are in now...
    ...so it is a mistaken charge on Disney's part...but being overdrawn would have happened anyway if you went the way you first planned to...so its not all Disney's error...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Wow. I know you were panicking but punctuation, spelling and appropriate capitalization are helpful. I'm not sure i really understand what happened but it sounds like you need to call your bank and explain the situation. Hopefully they'll be nice and take off the "minus charge" (is that like an overdraft charge?). You did get the $84 back, right? One overdraft won't ruin your credit rating, trust me. Though maybe if your score is already low it might?

Anyway, wise advice already that I'll repeat: use a credit card next time. They money would have been taken out then put back with no extra charge. Things happen but it's Disney's fault for mistakenly charging you but it is NOT their fault you used your debit card, and it casued you to go over.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Maybe you could have Disney call your bank so Disney can explain to your bank what happend. You bank might take off the overdraft charge if you do this.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

See here's my thing... I don't use credit cards anymore. They got me into a heap of trouble 10 years ago. They're all paid off now, but I only have a debit card because I don't want to repeat history. So now if I need to do something like make a hotel reservation or whatnot, my dad lets me use his credit card and I'll pay him back. Or sometimes my BF even lets me use his CC for minor things and I pay him back.

"See here's my thing... I don't use credit cards anymore. They got me into a heap of trouble 10 years ago."

A decade ago you got into trouble, but you've been fine since then?

I think you've learned your lesson. Go GET a credit card of your own to make reservations on, etc... Don't USE it for settlement though... Continue using your debit card.

We trust you.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ Nope. History would probably repeat itself. The fewer bills I have to pay, the better.

• Banned User

I would have not made reservation for the Royal Table. The place is not worth it.
    But I do hope you can recover your moeny from Disney... Good luck.