Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What should I do at WDW that I wont find in the guide books?

Hi Everyone!!

I will be leaving Saturday for my first trip to WDW in nearly 20 years (I was 13 at the time). I have read all the books and know about the major atractions and such. What I am interested in are those special "little things" that may not be advertised in the books or known to most people visiting the park. If you have any special things you like to do or places you live to visit in WDW please let me know!

Thanks for all your help!!!!

Re: What should I do at WDW that I wont find in the guide books?

It's not in the parks. Spend half a day at Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge. Hike from one to the other thru the wooded areas that feel a million miles away from the parks. Stop at the petting zoo at FW. Rent a boat ... or a bike. Maybe see a movie at the FW at night!

• Banned User

Great suggestion.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Here is my advice:

1. Always try the line thats open that people "aren't" taking. If there is no chain then what would be a 20 minute wait turns into 5 and you can wave at the people who followed the crowd.
    2. If you take the monorail, ask to sit in the front, its totally worth it.
    3. Must have a churro at MK, that is if you like that sort of thing, its a rule for us.
    4. A Dole Whip is a must have, absolutely sinful.
    5. Remember to relax and enjoy yourself, accept that you will not be able to do everything and if you are taking children, pay attention to how they are feeling because a lot of the time they don't realize they are tired.

• Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!

As you exit Adventureland headed to the hub there is a small walkway to the left that connects up to the entry of Frontierland. There is a small shaded area with some seats under a huge tree that looks right at the castle. I usually like to get a lemon slush, sit there and watch the peeps, look at the castle, and sip away to my heart's content.

Also get an ice cream sandwich from the bakery on Main St., they let you pick your cookies and ice cream flavor. Yum!!!

• Disney Memory Maker

Speaking of food, I have two words for you: Turkey Legs!

Look for semi-hidden pathways (like the path from toontown to tomorroland, and the various paths in AK & Epcot).

If you are staying in a Disney resort, take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. And if by some miracle RoE's barge is back, they have a "burnoff" at around 10:30 at night.

Try everything. Even if you heard that something is terrible, try it anyway, because you might like it.

Other than that, try to do everything you can...but do not rush. Take your time.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!

I just thought of another one..... take the boat launch from the Magic Kingdom to the Grand Floridian/Polynesian and if you have parked at the TTC you can walk right over after getting off the boat at the Poly. I enjoy this boat more then the one that goes to the Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge as it is a smaller capacity and seems more relaxing. The ride is best at night!

And more food and drink: Get a margarita at Cap'n Jack's Margarita Shack at Downtown Disney and sit down by the water.

• Former CM

Don't forget to play Drink Around the World. That is if you drink.

• Banned User

Help keep the park clean by returning your trash to the trash bins and using the recycle bins for bottles and such. Chastize other guests for not doing their part to keep the park clean and likewise, chastize CMs who walk pass trash and do not bend down to do their part to keep WDW clean.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by erick13
    Don't forget to play Drink Around the World. That is if you drink.
    I've been trying to get a friend of mine to play that with me. Guess he forgot about when we used to try outdrinking each other 4 years ago. LOL!

• WDW FAN

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    I've been trying to get a friend of mine to play that with me. Guess he forgot about when we used to try outdrinking each other 4 years ago. LOL!
    i'm so game!!! hit me up

• Self Congratulative

Cool Re: What should I do at WDW that I wont find in the guide books?

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    -Michael

Ughk!!.... two words... Bar-baric. Something about them makes me feel like I should be throwing my scraps on the floor of the banquet hall as the hounds fight for them. I'll raise my chalice to that!

-Sir. Jules Taggart III

• Banned User

Angry Re: What should I do at WDW that I wont find in the guide books?

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    -Michael
    DON'T!!! I personally witnessed cockroaches in the vecinity of the Turkey Leg cart in Frontierland and complained about it to Guest Relations... It was disgusting and you'll never ever see me doing that line ever again! SKIP LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

• Self Congratulative

That's two for "turkey legs = no" any more?

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Hi All.

I am new to the boards, been lurking in the shadows for a while now, decided to jump in and talk about my favorite destination in florida.

Anyway, Whenever I am in Disney, I always make sure that I hit up Ohana's. It has to be one of the best restaurants inside of WDW. If you dont know where it is, its inside the Polynesian resort, on the 2nd floor. Its all you can eat, and boy do I like to take them up on it.. Last time, my friend and I were battling for who could eat the most shrimp. I think he had 30, and I had 22. Also, try to get a seating around when MK closes, because from the restaurant, you can see the fireworks show, and the stream the soundtrack to the show into the restaurant... Its really nice. Also, if you are going with young kids they have some fun games for them as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast