Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Hall of Presidents: Animatronic Obama

Okay...dont throw tomatoes at me.

I'm not a fan of the HoP. It's boring, I'm sorry. Yes, I actually do like History quite alot...I just find the show boring. Same goes for the America show at Epcot. But, my husband loves both shows...so, I'm sure we'll be watching it on our next trip.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post

I'm not a fan of the HoP. It's boring, I'm sorry. Yes, I actually do like History quite alot...I just find the show boring. Same goes for the America show at Epcot. But, my husband loves both shows...so, I'm sure we'll be watching it on our next trip.
    I agree with you. HoP in particular should have been shut down years ago, when guests started the sad trend of booing or applauding for their favorite prez, as opposed to "refraining from applause until the end of the show to preserve it's dignity and for respect".

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    guests started the sad trend of booing or applauding for their favorite prez, as opposed to "refraining from applause until the end of the show to preserve it's dignity and for respect".
    This drives me crazy too, but hopefully there will be a new trend with the new show. Fingers crossed!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    This drives me crazy too, but hopefully there will be a new trend with the new show. Fingers crossed!
    Doubtful. People have no class. Honestly, the only thing that would make me visit this show is if they ever put an AA of that fun yoyo flamingo from Fantasia 2000. Now that would perk up that big yawner of a show.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I love Morgan Freeman. Such a soothing voice. Hope this add a new dimention to the attraction.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by mikelieman View Post
    "narrated by the actor Morgan Freeman"

Instant Win.
    They should have gotten Samuel L Jackson.

• Minion

I heard no booing or cheering when I saw the attraction for the first time last year. I don't think it should go. What do we want when we start asking for it to close?...another empty shell like the Diamond Horseshoe or Skyway stations or Main Street attractions or Swan boat landing or etc etc? HOP is unique to MK and represents one of the many ways in which this park was supposed to be a "plussed" version of the original DL...in this case having all the presidents instead of just one. We should not sacrifice the attraction for the sake of some rude guests. On another note...since the attraction deals heavily with the movement towards racial equality in the US...it will be especially significant to have Obama there.
    Down with the Hat

• HauntedOne999

I am wondering now... if Lincoln is going to be doing the Gettysburg Address... do you think they decided that so that can copy and paste the previous program from DL to save money?

and what will be at DL? it would be rediculouse to have 2 gettysburg addresses... I hope they bring back the original speech.

and with Obama speeching, Morgan Freeman doing the new narration, and the gettysburg address... it seems that the new show will be all about civil rights... and although I love the idea, how will it transition for the next president?
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    and what will be at DL? it would be rediculouse to have 2 gettysburg addresses... I hope they bring back the original speech.

and with Obama speeching, Morgan Freeman doing the new narration, and the gettysburg address... it seems that the new show will be all about civil rights... and although I love the idea, how will it transition for the next president?
    why will it be ridiculous to have 2 of the same speech for the shows? I don't see a problem with that part, as I'm assuming there will be more to the show in DL than just the Address, especially since the show is the Disneyland Story featuring Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

And since the new president will have to record the new speech, I think we'll see some change. It will probably be about opportunities and overcoming challenges as opposed to directly civil rights. I think it's too early to tell until the show opens...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post

I can understand not being a huge fan of HoP but AA is incredible to me as a history fan, but just IMO.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    why will it be ridiculous to have 2 of the same speech for the shows? I don't see a problem with that part, as I'm assuming there will be more to the show in DL than just the Address, especially since the show is the Disneyland Story featuring Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

And since the new president will have to record the new speech, I think we'll see some change. It will probably be about opportunities and overcoming challenges as opposed to directly civil rights. I think it's too early to tell until the show opens...

ok more redundant then rediculous... but I dont feel that the Gettysburg Address would fit "The Disneyland Story" only the original speech would.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Progressive Disneylander

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I've always enjoyed seeing the new president added to the HOP (whether I supported them or not). And Morgan Freeman doing the narration is the icing on the cake!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Morgan Freeman's name as narrator made me very happy to hear...he has a good voice...and I am hoping for a Mansion-Level rehab. Here's to hoping it can be classy and a good kick of attendance for the ride.

However...with WDI's recent failures at scripts...I still have reservations. They used to create the most elegant, articulate scrips...and now...*tax jokes*.

But I think its good to see the refreshment happening (more than just throwing in the new Prez like with Bush & Clinton).

• Occasional Reader

I'm looking forward to seeing it ........ I was very impressed by the realism of movements last time. I'm not sure whether it was the american adventure or Hall of presidents, but the cultural differences had me giggling last time.....but at least i did it without disturbing others !
    Last edited by Thorpeedo; 05-25-2009 at 12:59 AM. Reason: making sense !

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Looks pretty good! the only differince between this Obama and the real one is that this one won't be needing to rely on a teleprompter .
    You do know that President Bush read off a teleprompter too' Right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast