Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: May 13-20th: I'm Going (Back) to Disney World: A Kuzcochik Trip Report

Wow you met rude WDW cm's? I'm not surprised.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disappearing/Reappearing

YAY! I hope there's more. And thanks for putting a name to the yellow alien. I always thought he was adorable.

• Minion

Love your TR! Can't wait to do the Kim Possible thing on our next trip

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Still working on this report. I MUST SUCCEED!!!

So the following day started late. Well actually, my parents woke up early and headed to Animal Kingdom while the rest of us slept in and then met them over there. Our first stop was Dinosaur
    Here we are all imitating the bemused face Darkwing Chuck made on his first ride thru

Our next stop was Everest. We all rode it once in the single rider line then headed into the very crowded gift shop. It had started to rain so everyone was hiding out inside. It was barely sprinkling at that point so we thought we'd try to ride it again. This was a mistake. By the time the train I was on pulled out of the station it was pouring. I was drenched, cold and unhappy.

So we trudged thru the rain and back to the car to head to the hotel to dry off & grab ponchos.
    Here is my brother showing of the Poncho look on the tram to Magic Kingdom. So fasion forward

Our first stop was the Mansion

Then Darkwing Chuck and I hurried to try and catch the Celebrate! A Dream Come True Parade (the only parade we managed to catch because of rain and such).

This guy wants to welcome all you nice people to the parade pic section of this trip report

And this girl wants to tell you that her costume is on loan from the ice
    capades

Here's Dale in eye destroying colors

Minnie says Hey! Ho!

Mickey wants everyone to celebrate you!

The colors are nice (when not gaudy) and the song is super catchy (the parade was in B mode cause of all the rain so no show stop for us)

This is what happens when I don't zoom out. I get a screen full of Honest John face

More Jiminey (he's all over WDW parks)

Pinnochio getting down to the beat

Snow's Prince obviously got caught in some of those rain storms

Snow's so chipper ^_^

But Abu is like WTF?!?! Such a weird fuzzie

This pic would be okay just cause it's the Genie, but if you look at the background, Pinnochio is shaking his butt and Snow is screaming at someone... so strange

SteveAladdin's a cheeky devil

Bernard and Bianca ftw

Mary and Bert

This pic was taken because Bert was messing with Captain Hook and it cracked me up... I'm easily amused

A very very adorable Peter Pan

Like seriously, adorable confused monkey faced Peter ^_^

Hatter looks worried that he's not allowed to be celebrating... or maybe he's worried about those jazz hands

I kinda like that Wendy looks like an airhead here... I'm weird thoug

Lady Tremaine does not approve of the merry making

Anastasia and Drizella hamming it up (warning: many Tremaine pics to follow cause they crack me up)

Evil step sister plotting is evil!

Lady Tremaine says: "I am surrounded by idiots"

Anastasia is spinny and kinda crazy

While Drizella primps and fixes her hair

I think this is after the mice (Suzy and Perla) came over and scared the girls.

The Fairy Godmother has a point... or needs to sneeze. I'm not sure which

Cinderella post ball

I'm not one to really say things about face character (judge them or what not) but I think this Ariel is a perfect example of the difference between WDW and Disneyland face characters.

Okkay, this was too adorable. I turned to get a pic of Belle and realized that she and the Beast were nuzzling noses (like eskimo kissing) it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

Lilo and Stitch. Stitch has quickly become one of my fave parade characters. In this parade he decided to make fun of the cast members that were signing.

In the world of random characters: King Louie parties it up

Along with Donald

And of course the float leader: Goofy

All in all, cute parade but not much differnet than what was there when I worked there 3 years ago. At least they have a parade and not just a street party. BTW: Does anyone know if the music for this parade exists for the public yet? Just curious

After a couple more rides, we went to Downtown Disney.
    Here's some pirates in World of Disney

The boys charting a course toward Candy Island... or adventure... or I dunno what

Chillin with Buzz outside Once Upon a Toy (I just realized it looks like he's grabbing my butt. Hilarious)

Stitch waves goodbye from DTD.

We headed off to Hollywood Studios for some extra magic hours and met up with Micechat's own Bill.
    However all I have are pics of this cool billboard

A bunch of Tower of Terror

And the Mickey hat at the end of the night

Okkay, we're getting close to the end here. I'm working on it. More tomorrow ^_^

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

They hired Sarah Jessica Parker to be Ariel????

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Hooray! More Kuzcochik TR goodness.

The Marie character is awesome--and yes, so random for one of the US parks. And I'm glad you had a great time with Mary Poppins. I know Darkwing Chuck was gushing over her. And your captions for the Celebrate A Dream Come True parade were especially funny. Parade Abu kinda creeps me out. But all the pics of the Tremaines made up for it. I'm so in love with that family! They're amazingly awesome.

Thanks again for continuing the TR. I know this is a lot of work and it's greatly appreciated!!!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Still working on this report. I MUST SUCCEED!!!
    Melonballer: "Kuzcochik. I would say you did quite well, don't you think?"

Kuzcochik: "I did not try Hard enough!"

Melonballer: " I would say you did quite nicely though. And the force of your punches, My Word. The Monster must have found it quite Stinging and Jarring"

Kuzcochik: "I have failed to succeed"

Melonballer: "Kuzcochik, That's true. I would agree you have failed to destroy the monster and that is really too bad. But you have succeeded in giving us a nice good laugh. AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik
    The boys charting a course toward Candy Island... or adventure... or I dunno what
    Hopefully they do not wind up on Pickle Isle. Unless they like pickles. Then it is ok.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I wantsta go!

Great TR!

OO! That's our favorite Snow White. We met her twice on our last trip. Me and hubby agreed that she was the best Snow White we've seen. That Ariel is...interesting. I think she would have made a better Lady Tremaine or Maleficient.

So sorry it rained so much! That sucks. But, it looks like you had a great time despite being water logged.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Okay this should be the second to last post... or third if I decide there are too many pics here but be warned this is another big pic dump (which is what this whole TR is ^_~)

Let's see, your second to last day at WDW started at Epcot. It was another gloomy day (which was cool cause I like rain but not the amount we got while we were there)

We hit up Mission Space and Test Track again

We also took in some of the sites of the Flower and Garden Festival. Like Stitch (sorry for the water spots... as I said, it was rainy!)

I love the pumpkins around the base of Cindy's coach

I saw these topiaries once upon a dream

These ones were a tale as old as time

So this is love... under a big golf ball

Whistling while she... well stands there motionless

Dopey looks drunk

A few feet away we spied Stitch and Daisy. While Daisy had a long line Stitch was all alone so we decided to bug him.

We watched him get in line for Daisy and mess with guest
    He also tried to eat one of our ponchos.

We took a break and boarded a boat to live with the land.

We also headed to the Seas with Nemo & Friends again.
    Some of the signs in the queue

Mr. Ray teaching the kids about ummm... sea stuff?

More pretty flowers... seriously I love the flower & garden festival ^_^

After another journey into imagination, we spotted this adorable family making their way thru the plaza

What's this? More topiaries? Why doesn't Minnie have a bow? It just looks like Mickey in drag ^_~

Flutter-by in the butterfly house

We stumbled upon Pixie Hollow and these tributes to the pixies that live there
    Tink

Iridessa

Fawn (w/ some cardboard animals)

Silvermist con mist

Rosetta

Me trying to be Rosetta... i'm a dork

Pixie Dwellings

Tink Birdbath (they were actually selling these)

Some kind of flying contraption from the next Tink movie

I really liked the alternative costumes they had for some of the fairies... too pretty (gah! I get so girly when it comes to the fairies. Sorry ^_~)

More pretty flowers (the first one is one of my faves ever)

Rafiki presents Simba to the world

While Simba watches on.... weird

Timon & Pumbaa (rocking a crazy punk mohawk)

Bambi, Flower and Thumper in Canada... cause that makes sense.

We watched Oh Canada (first time I've ever seen it) and the ham that is Martin Short. Ridiculous. Then we ate at the Rose & Crown pub. BTW OMG some of the best food I've ever had. Delicious an highly recommended!!!!

I'm gonna be lame and stop here I'm lazy. Working through the rest of them and promise they'll be up later ^_^

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

After Lunch, Darkwing Chuck and I set out on our own to try an look at more of the details in World Showcase (seriously I could spend a week in there and still not see everything)

Like this detail in France. We had seen it during the KP mission and wanted to get a better pic of it

We turned the corner to find out what was on the other side, we ran into Belle. Just standing there, totally bored, she was very sweet too. She talked about Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion (b/c of our shirts) and said she had to hold the Beast's hand when they went in there.

Look one more Topiary I forgot. Lady & the Tramp in Italy

One of the things we really wanted to do was Gran Fiesta again cause I <3 Three Caballeros ^_^

There's a Fiesta Hoy (that means "Party Today" for those of you who don't speak espanol... that's spanish btw)

If these kids tried to do that in the park they'd be so kicked out!

Donald loves the Senoritas (that means ladies... I'll stop now)

I love how the other two are so like WTF Donald!

The Three Caballeros had a bit too much tequila... birds after my own heart

I love love love love Jose & Panchito!! They are fantastic and should be in more things (also they are voiced by Rob Paulsen & Carlos Alzaraqui respectively so I love them both even more ^_^)

Leaving the park, Darkwing Chuck had trouble with his poncho.

I thought this was scary

One more really cool shot in Epcot of Morocco w/ Tower in the background. I love how they look like they fit together.

In the elevator at the hotel, Darkwing Chuck and I were sick of being drenched. I mean, don't get me wrong I absolutely love rain, especially living in the desert, but the non stop-ness was just lame

After drying off, we headed to Hollywood Studios. Here we learned the sad news that we were just barely missing Star Wars weekends. Mark my words: I will get to go to it someday

Poncho-ed Boba Fett was unimpressed

Darkwing Chuck took a spin on a speeder bike and had to outrun stormtroopers

So I had to come by and bail him out. And apparently it was snowing (thanks camera being weird)

To escape the rain and because Darkwing Chuck wanted to see it, we headed to the Indy Stunt Spectacular.
    If you've ever seen the show then you might want to skip these pics cause you know it's the same thing still
    Indy likes the fire... it's shiny

Smoky demon guys have very sore shoulders from holding those axes up high

Indy's very trixy

Well he was trixy until that boulder tried to take him down

and crushed him to death.

No, I'm kidding, Indy was fine. He had to face some dancing ninjas

and Marian had to throw bad punches

Sadly they couldn't do the fire finale because of all the rain but the show was still... well it was okay. I'm not a huge fan of the indy stunt show except the very beginning scene
    We wandered through the back streets of hollywood studios and despite hating the rain, DC and my brother sang in it anyway

We also headed into a bit of monstropolis

And met with Mike ^_^

The CM at the photo spot told us that the characters from Up were at the Animation Building so we decided that would be our next stop.
    Sure enough Carl & Russel were there as were a TON of other characters (we later learned this was because of all the rain)
    Russel showed us the Wilderness Explorers call and was excited I could guess what it was (I hadn't seen the movie at that point and just wagered a guess)

Later Dug showed up but we didn't get a pic with him

We also got a set of weird pics w/ Jafar. Who was totally unamused

Our final pic was with Frozone who was bored and then later we figured out he was too cool for everyone else (he even brushed his shoulders off)

We did Rockin Roller Coaster one more time and had wanted to do Tower again but it was closed. Instead we headed for the store b/c we were told it was still open. The CM there told us that the power had just gone out and when we told him we had just wanted on shirt, he ended up finding it for me and then giving it to me for free. It was an incredibly amazing gesture!

These last three shots from Hollywood Studios are to showcase my love for Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I wish it had a bigger presence, but the little nods are enough for me ^_^

Okkay, just one more day and one more part to go. Thanks for being patient guys. I hope you're still enjoying our ridiculousness ^_^

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

All right, here's the long awaited conclusion *fanfare*

Our last day in Florida we checked out of the hotel in the AM and left all our stuff in the lobby (b/c our plane didn't leave until 5). While my dad checked out, I took pics of the lobby since a few people had asked me to.

Above the check in desk, they had these amazing pictures of all the castles from the various parks. They were so pretty and these pics do no justice

There was also a tiny model of a roller coaster

And some random pretty boat thing

and this random carrousel thing that would start up every like 30 minutes... it was cool but on that first night when I spent all that time in the lobby I can see how it might get annoying after a while :P

The amazing lighting fixture above the carrousel
    \

The view outside

Items securely stowed, we headed to Animal Kingdom.
    Bird!!

Random Rosie Terk sighting

My favorite view in the whole park. I watched pretty much all of the Everest construction from this bridge when I worked there. It's such an awesome view. (again, pics don't do justice)

We stopped at Kilimanjaro Safari for a tour and had a very good guide actually. The animals were out in droves because of the cloudy cool weather. And cause it was feeding time

Giraffe: The most feared animal in the wild!

The second most feared thing in the wild... this.... tree?

Flamingos now with more brine shrimp

The lioness is not amused by my frivolity... best to move along

After the Safari I headed up to Rafiki's to chat with some old coworkers while the others headed to Everest. I eventually met them back at the mountain.

The tree of life.... and it moves us all.

Everest was sadly closed so we didn't get to do a final ride on it

Instead we went to Dinosaur. I love this weird little dino on the mural. I think he's suppose to be dying of thirst, but he looks like he's just laughing evily at all the other dying dinos.

On our way out of the park, we ran into our last random and bizarre character. Brer Rabbit!!

We headed to Magic Kingdom and for some reason I have no pictures from there. We finally did Jungle Cruise and did Mansion and Philhar again. We also managed to get into Carrousel of Progress (where I heard the sad news about Wayne Allwine )

When we got outside it started pouring again so we had to race to the TTC. Here's a final pic that encompasses the saddness over all the rain and the saddness over leaving WDW

We headed to the airport, nearly missed our flight because of a huge accident or something on the freeway and then flew the 4 hrs home.

Wow! What a sad pic to end this all on... I wish I had something happier. How about this?

Okkay, that's just creepy...

Anyway, we had a great time, torrential downpours aside. It made me really pine for WDW again. I will always love Disneyland more, but WDW holds a special place in my heart too. I really do miss it and I love that I know it like the back of my hand just like DL.

However, I do love being able to walk between parks and not feeling like I've been halfway across the state in good old Cali ^_^

Now it's off to see Night at the Museum 2 and to start that Gumball Rally TR. *facepalm* I'm never gonna be done with these am I?

WoW! You got great pictures of the screen in Three Caballeros! I always try to get a few pictures of it, but I can't ever time it right. They always end up blurry.

And thanks for letting me know what's behind that window in France. I love that window. Never thought to look behind it.

Great report.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    On our way out of the park, we ran into our last random and bizarre character. Brer Rabbit!!
    Brer Rabbit!

A fantastic Trip Report as always! They are always such a pleasure to read and I can't wait for the Gumball Rally one!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Thank you so much for such a great trip report. I don't usually spend too much time on WDW TR's since I've never been there and therefore don't feel much attachment to the park. But I knew a Kuzcochik TR was worth reading, for sure!
    Toot, Whistle, Plunk, and Boom.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast