Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

May 13-20th: I'm Going (Back) to Disney World: A Kuzcochik Trip Report

Oh wow! I just realized that I have never done a WDW trip report. This is gonna be a big deal. I have so many pics I don't even know where to start (well from the beginning of course but you know what I mean). So let me try this and we'll see what happens.

So first up, this is super photo heavy

This trip was my first time back to WDW in 3 yrs (I was a CP at Animal Kingdom and haven't been back since then). It was also to celebrate my almost graduation (as in I need one more class, but I'm technically done)
    On May 13th we (being myself, my parents, my brother and Darkwing Chuck [btw it was Chuck's first trip to the World]) headed to Sky Harbor Airport here in Phoenix and were soon on a 4-ish hour plane flight to Orlando (happily we were in 1st class... well except Darkwing Chuck)

We got to our hotel, the Boardwalk, and grabbed dinner at the ESPN Club. For the next two hours, everyone but myself watched the LOST season finale. I went on the balcony and watched Illuminations at EPCOT.

Our room was so good we could see Paris out the window

We actually caught this show almost every night we stayed there

After the show I headed to the lobby and read the graphic novel "Fables" until Lost was over. Then we all hit the hay
    The next day started bright and early at the Magic Kingdom. It was mostly fun to watch Darkwing Chuck freak out about the differences between it and Disneyland
    We hit up Mansion early on and I was blown away by their amped up version. The audio is amazing, effects on the stairs and the eyes in the hallway, just OMG!! Also, I love this sign over in Frontierland

Since this is a KC Trip Report, there of course have to be tons of characters (Cause I am known as a bit of a Character Wh*re )
    So first we ran into Frontier Donald

Then we ran into a very swishy Frontier Goofy. (oh Florida)
    He was messing w/ us during the pic, that's why I look strange :P

A little more normal

We went on Pirates, had lunch at the Harbor House, rode Peter Pan and got on my absolute fav attraction Philharmagic! ^_^

A shot of Cindy's Castle: It's So Big!!! (and I know, that's what she said, but seriously, compared to Sleeping Beauty's Castle... crazy!)

It was on to the Tiki Room: Under New Management which almost made Darkwing Chuck cry... he really didn't like it
    The Tiki goddess thing is really the only cool thing in there

A random bird enjoying some popcorn

Eventually we headed over to MGM Hollywood Studios. While my dad tried to get reservations for dinner, we headed to the time board and started talking to a Guest Service CM. We talked about the diff between DL & WDW and how sad it was that at 3pm Mania had an 80 minute wait and no fastpasses.
    She made us get the rest of our group and we all had to answer questions about of fav Disney movies. She then gave us 5 fastpasses for Mania. It was really cool.

Here's me at Rockin' Roller Coaster excited for the glory of our fastpasses

They were quite delicious

Chuck was excited by worried for Rockin

On Tower of Terror. I love the 5th dimension part of WDWs. It's seriously amazing how that one room and the more random drop sequences make that ride so much better in Florida

It was eventually on to dinner at the Sci Fi diner. I absolutely love that place

The random bird of Star Tours... these things are so weird. Also the random robot hands that move freak me out

Eventually we got to Mania. The line there is just OMG! So well themed and gives the effect of shrinking to toy size so much better! TSMM only wins in FL for its queue. Also the PIXAR in jokes within the line are great

Our last ride of the night was The Great Movie Ride. Cheesy goodness

I love the Wicked Witch AA

And that's where I will end for now. Coming up next is a trip to Universal Studios and of course more Disney ^_^

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: May 13-20th: I'm Going (Back) to Disney World: A Kuzcochik Trip Report

OMG OMG OMG OMG I can't wait for my trip this October. You're making me so freakin excited.

Um... any video from the trip to post on YouTube?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Another great start to a TR!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Yay! Another Kuzcochuck report!

AND IN THE SAME NIGHT!! FTW!

(and yes, that "u" was on purpose^)
    Last edited by dland_lover; 05-27-2009 at 12:27 AM.

wow that was great!...nice pics!...
    my heart is yours

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

AHH!! another trip report from you...u really made my gloomy weds a bright one with this TR!! can't wait for the rest
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Oh yay!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Yay, a Kuzcochik report from WDW!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

We shall now de-rail happy Disney World-ness for a trip to a park that I might love just as much as my beloved Disney parks. I know right?! I'm a traitor!

For Thursday's trip to Universal Studios Florida & Islands of Adventure, I didn't bring my fancy camera (as Universal sucks and makes you lock everything up for like every ride so it's just easier not to bring it) but there are still lots of pics.

We got there at IOS park opening and got tickets. I had a free 7 day ticket from a random Superbowl promo so it was pretty cool to get into a park for free ^_^

Our first stop was Marvel Superhero Island. We hit up the Hulk, which I like a lot, but I hate the end with just random loop after loop that make me dizzy.
    Then my brother, Darkwing Chuck and I stole a car! (those boys are terrible drivers)

Then it was one to become reporters and help Spiderman (side note: Spiderman at IOA is one of my favorite rides ever made! I just love it beyond words... we rode it twice in a row)

We were doing our job being great reporters and then something went terribly wrong!

After helping Spidy and trying to beat the crowds, we headed to Toon Lagoon. Then we had the brilliant idea to ride Ripsaw Falls (the Dudley Doo Right Ride). It's a neat log ride, but we all got completely drenched and were quite unhappy.

Soon we found ourselves lost in Jurassic Park (ignore the weird poses, we were trying to jump and it didn't go as planend)

Inside the JP Discovery Center

The cool employee jackets

This is me getting ready to "fuse my DNA w/ a dino". I thought it was funny that the dino I was matched with was small, independent and vicious... yup, that's me

I have this thing about fighting dinos (re: my April Dland TR). Punk

DC outside the Discovery Center

After some Dueling Dragons (which I was stoked to see was still open even with all the stupid Harry Potter nonsense going on [another note: So glad WDW doesn't have to deal w/ Hp *bleck*]) We had lunch and headed to Suess Landing
    My brother looking horrified that my parents are behind him

The view from the High in the Sky Suess Trolley Ride

Done w/ Suess, we decided to park hop and headed over to Universal. Our first stop was Terminator 2: 3D but first we ran into a strange motor home

Inside were the Simpsons (sans Marge). Homer kept showing off to us.

Cyberdyne

Soon we joined E.T. (I was actually amazed that ride was still here)

Oh noes!! Fakey Moon Men!!

Even worse, creepy Old E.T. Things!!

Honestly, the queue is pretty cool

Dan and I excited for the Adventure

After helping E.T. save his creepy little home world (and after the man in the Yellow Hat from Curious George apparently checked me out), we made our way toward the Simpsons Ride.

This was a big deal b/c Darkwing Chuck hates this ride. He's never been on it, but he hates that it replaced Back to the Future. We, being the jerks we are, made him go on the ride anyway. I think he enjoyed it for what it is, but still hates that it took over BTTF

Then it was time for some Alien blasting (I really really love Men in Black Alien Attack. Another very well themed and executed ride!)

We skipped Jaws cause the line was super long

And headed straight for Mummy

Yet another in a line of great Universal Florida rides. There is so much going on in that ride it's amazing... I wish Hollywood's was half as cool

then we found the thing Darkwing Chuck was most excited about, the train from BTTF 3.

As we stood there, I tried to get Darkwing Chuck's attention... he was geeking out too hard and thought I was trying to show him the delorean next to the train

What I was really trying to get his attention for was the crazy looking white haired man who had keys to the delorean and was opening it up. Yup, by crazy random happenstance, Doc Brown himself walked out while we stood by the train.

It was pretty ridiculous actually. He saw my Jack necklace and started singing "This is Halloween" at me... random

I like that the Brown Derby is a hat shop here (even if the hats are super tacky)

Our last ride at Universal was Jimmy Neutron. Another ride I absolutely adore. It features every nicktoon known to man and it's adorable and it makes me happy ^_^

Outside Universal

In their lack luster City Walk

Though the Hard Rock is kinda cool

We went back to IOA for a little shopping (and what ended up being failed attempts to ride Doom & Spiderman again)
    Anyone know the significance of this name

Random cool flags on Superhero Island

Messing around in Toon Lagoon (I love how my brother looks so over Darkwing Chuck and how true the word bubble is)

This should say "Don't get on Ripsaw Falls if you don't want to feel damp all day" but whatever

This was an attempt at an SNL joke (Re Andy Samburg as Cathy on Weekend Update.) ACK!!

Wassamotta U... wish I could have graduated from there

There's definitely not enough Rocky & Bullwinkle in IOA

I also think it's entirely too hilarious that Namor (the king of Atlantis) is over the bathrooms... like that's his new gig or something. Too freaking funny.

The park closed at about 7 and so we left and had dinner at Margaritaville (the food was really really good, if you can get past the Buffett music )

And that was it for Universal/IOA. More to come soon. Day 3 includes Animal Kingdom & EPCOT ^_^

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Wow! A hidden mickey at Universal Studios, whether they like it or not!

Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I am loving it. I loved IOA and USF when we were there and its great to see it again.

• Minion

Thanks, great stuff.
    Down with the Hat

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I went to Magic Kingdom and EPCOT when I was at WDW, so it's fun to see Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom shots. Also, nice Universal pics

Great TR so far KC! Keep them comin!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Awsome report! Can't wait to see more!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Golden Teeth and Tones

Awesome report! Props to a fellow Fables fan!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast