• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just Wondering About WDW and the NBA Orlando Magic

I realize I'm getting way ahead of things here, but if the Magic were to "shock the world" and win the NBA, is there anything to suggest that there would be any special ceremony for them at WDW?

I'm not sure exactly how close the Amway Arena is to the resort. When I visited in the 70's I got the impression that Orlando proper is about 20-30 miles away?

Are there a lot of WDW cast members cheering for the Magic? Special stuff going on at the ESPN Club?

More Orlando jerseys being seen around the parks? I realize that WDW does not get the locals the way the DLR does.

As far as any parade on the WDW premises, I realize that Disney has never had any direct association with the team.

And after they sold the Mighty Ducks, there was no Stanley Cup celebration as I recall at Disneyland.

Just wondering...I realize this isn't the sports zone forum, but if they do put away the Cavs (no sure thing at this posting)...I think that they'll have an even money chance to beat the Lakers, assuming they put Denver away.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Just Wondering About WDW and the NBA Orlando Magic

I guess it would be a good opportunity to do a "I'm Going To Disney World" commercial, if nothing else.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I woud imagine there's a huge buzz in Orlando tonight. The Magic can close out the Cavs at home tonight and earn a ticket to LA to start the Finals.

I'm sure that the ESPN Club (it is called that, and not the Zone, right?) will be buzzing. Any thoughts from our Florida Disney fans?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Shubisha

If the Lakers win, do one at Disneyland, and if the Magic win, do one at Disneyworld? Disney resort basketball face-off? :P

• Banned User

Seems to me Disney is the real winner here... Either way, some NBA team will end up "GOING TO DL!/WDW!".

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    If the Lakers win, do one at Disneyland, and if the Magic win, do one at Disneyworld? Disney resort basketball face-off? :P
    I am thinking that Orlando is a good deal closer to their resort than the actual city of Los Angeles is to Disneyland in Anaheim.

Even if they don't go to Disney World in commercials, The Lakers will have some time to visit, since with the Finals format they'll be in Orlando for nearly a week.

Kobe visits Disneyland often, so watch for some sightings of him at EPCOT or the MK or the other parks.