Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Geoff London

Where are the park hours?

For those of us who want to book ADRs for September calendar particularly Fantasmic Dining Packages and so on can't do so because Disney still haven't put up the park hours for September and we are already two days into June. This is disgraceful for such a well known large company. They really need to get their act together!
    Last edited by geoffa; 06-02-2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Where are the park hours?

You are correct. I checked the Disney World hours site: Parks Hours | Calendars | Walt Disney World Resort | Walt Disney World Resort

There were no park hours listed for September. I agree that they should have at least 6 months worth of schedules up at any given time. However, they may be holding back because of the economy, trying to figure out what attendance will be like before they schedule the parks.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Geoff London

Thanks Dusty for confirming. But it's hardly fair on those of us who have booked resort accommodation and now want to fit ADRs into our plans, is it? I've never understood why, if you are staying for 21 days (and many of us Brits do) why on earth we can't book 21 days worth of meals. This 90 plus 10 thing is a pain in the butt! And especially if you are working blind with the hours.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I agree. It's very aggravating that the hours aren't up. I'm also planning a trip for the first week of Sept. I've been patiently waiting to figure out exactly what days we will spend in what parks. So, I can carefully plan our meals and other reservation needs.

It seems to me...that this isn't exactly a great way for Disney to discourage multiple bookings. You know...when a person or group makes more than one restaurant reservation, then use the one in accordance to what park they finally end up at.

If disney is trying to discourage that practice...this is not the way to go about it. For those of us who really do countdown to the 90 day mark...and carefully plan our vacations...this makes it really frustrating.

I still won't make multiple reservations....but, I am thankful for the park hopper option!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I waited for quite a while last month for them to put up the August hours. I wasn't making any dining reservations, so it really wasn't a matter of urgency, for me. Just that I like to know ahead of time about hours, and fireworks, and parade times, so I can decide on which days at which parks. I finally mapped out a plan, and decided that I really didn't need parkhoppers. So knowing the hours ahead of time is really helpful.

Of course, I have always felt that they don't show the park hours enough months ahead, considering their dining policies.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    Thanks Dusty for confirming. But it's hardly fair on those of us who have booked resort accommodation and now want to fit ADRs into our plans, is it? I've never understood why, if you are staying for 21 days (and many of us Brits do) why on earth we can't book 21 days worth of meals. This 90 plus 10 thing is a pain in the butt! And especially if you are working blind with the hours.
    If you get 90 days away from your trip and the hours still aren't posted, just call Disney Dining and ask the cast member to assist you with park hours, Fantasmic Package, etc. They'll help you. In the rare case that I get an unhelpful cast member, I just hang up and call back in.

To make reservations, call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 up to 90 days prior to your visit. Disney World Dining and Reservations | Walt Disney World Resort | Walt Disney World Resort
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That dining phone call can pretty expensive, if you don't have your choices all mapped out ahead of time. Also, I have called many a time, when the dining people taking the reservations, really did not know the park hours. I like to be prepared when I call, and if they would just show one more month out, they would make it so much easier for a lot of people.

• Geoff London

Two things:
    As Dusty has said. If you call and get a good CM on the phone they will let you know when Fantasmic is on. Apparently it's still Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday even for October.

Secondly, I'm a Brit, and we have a special number we can call first which only charges at less than a cent per minute.

I still argue though that if you are staing more than days you should be able to book for EVERY day of your stay and not be restricted with this stupid ten day thing.

• Space King

I feel you...Were going September 19th for a week and I check the Disney World website through out the day. We want to start planning our trip and know where/when were going to eat.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    That dining phone call can pretty expensive, if you don't have your choices all mapped out ahead of time. Also, I have called many a time, when the dining people taking the reservations, really did not know the park hours. I like to be prepared when I call, and if they would just show one more month out, they would make it so much easier for a lot of people.
    I didn't know there were people who still paid for long distance in this country. LOL Way to fight the man Barbara!

• World Traveler

Just a tip for those of you needing to make dining reservations ... any Disney authorized travel agent (of which I am one) can now make ADRs through our system.

You might find it easier to call a travel agent to help with your dining than to call Disney directly.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I like to make my own dining plans. I know that the travel agents offer these services. However, say that you give your travel agent a list of your preferences. They call Disney Dining for you, and some of your preferred times, or restaurants are unavailable. Then what? Do they guess? Do they go with what you told them was your 2nd choice? Do they call you, or e-mail you back, thus delaying the chance of getting what you might be happy with?

I remember when I could call Disney with a toll free number and get dining ADR's. That was back when they called them "priority seatings".

I call Disney from my house phone usually, and yes, I pay for long distance. I like to make just one call for dining, but usually it ends up being a few calls. I am a chatter, so I usually have a fun conversation with the people that answer the phones.

I like to make my own plans, although I have a friend who has always let her travel agent do her dining ADR's. It's definitely a matter of preference.

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    They call Disney Dining for you, and some of your preferred times, or restaurants are unavailable. Then what? Do they guess? Do they go with what you told them was your 2nd choice? Do they call you, or e-mail you back, thus delaying the chance of getting what you might be happy with?
    Actually, we can now access the Disney Dining website and the system will give us options if your choice is sold out. So, we no longer have to call our clients back and delay the process as you say.

• Pilot EdForceOne

yeah, the travel agent access is a new feature!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I have made our plans and all our reservations the past 6 trips we have taken. This year, I went with Jerren. He has been such a BIG help and all his advice has been great! It certainly makes planning a trip easier when all you have to do is email stuff, and someone else picks it up and runs with it. He made all our reservations today. It was great to wake up, and open an email...and there were all the confirmation numbers. I didn't have to call, or sit on hold or anything.

So, I am a "do it all myself" person who has converted to the "leave it up to my trusty travel agent" person. LOL

And I highly recommend it. Maybe you could do this next time, BA. You wouldn't have to worry about long distance or multiple calls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast