• Banned User

HalloWishes photos from 9/28, and MC meet!

Hi everyone... Well.. the weather was a bit frightful but the rain held back while we waited for tonight's (9/28th) preview performance of HalloWishes at the MK. I arrived there at around 7:15pm and looked around for other Micechatters (BigPigletFan and Bill) but the MK was rather crowded due to this particular night being one of those Extra Magic Hours nights. After walking around the Mk and going around the Hub area several times, and being mad at myself for having left BPF's cell number at home, with a few mintues before showtime... I decided to call it quits and sat in the dead center of the hub area facing the castle.

Suddenly within seconds.. Just like a ghost... BigPigletFan, Bill and another friend materialized next to me and introduced themselves. I was *SO*SO* happy they found me! After a bit of chit-chat, the show began and then took a few photos after HalloWishes was over..

Briana, Bill and Jimmybop...it was very nice to meet you, albeit for a little while. I am so thankful you found me as I was so bummed out for leaving BPF's number at home and not being able to call. It was fun meeting you guys. Hopefully we'll get to meet again soon at another Micechat meet at WDW.
    BPF..hope you enjoy the brochures from TDR, DLRP and HKDLR, the pin and postcard.

Now my thoughts about the show... Interesting to say the least and very upbeat. A bit like having a techno Disney party at times, with pyro and lots of color. The show (in preview form here and with some elements missing) was enjoyable enough but not as grand as the regular "Wishes" show. Yet the new animated projections on the castle are fun to watch and the show moves right along..albeit not necesarily with a continuous storyline. It's a very kid-friendly show that should not disappoint the stroller crowds during the MK's MNSSHP nights. The music as stated before is interesting to say the least but not the type that you would expect for a Halloween show, reason why many have been turned off by it. While I didn't let the odd choice of musical style spoil it for me, I do appreciate they are trying to do something different and very family oriented in regards to the Halloween event.
    All in all, I rate this show a B-. I am sure that once the perimeter pyro is added and (hopefully a flying witch as well as in previous years), the show will be much more enjoyable and appreciated.

Here are the pics from this evening...
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...a=31911418&f=0
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 09-28-2005 at 08:57 PM.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Re: HalloWishes photos from 9/28, and MC meet!

Awesome photos. Great meeting you tonight!
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• Banned User

Likewise!!!

• Banned User

Awesome photos my friend!! It was very nice meeting you. Hope to see you again sometime!

• Banned User

Thanks Bill.

• I was deleted.

TDLFAN. I agree with what you are saying about the show. But maybe I'm just such as kid that I love it as much as the stroller age kids?

Thank you again for the brochures, pin and postcard. I showed them to my roommates right when I walked in the door. As much as they think I'm crazy for being into this "Disney thing" they thought it was cool AND that you were very nice.

Hope to see you all again and the next MiceChat meet... probably when Speedway comes to WDW in a few weeks?

• Official MC Thread Killer

Still waiting for a video ... it just sounds so kewl...

Anyways... about how long in time is it?
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    Still waiting for a video ... it just sounds so kewl...

Anyways... about how long in time is it?
    About ten minutes long?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

• Official MC Thread Killer

DisneyWorldTrivia now has a video posted!
    This is one of the COOLEST fireworks shows I've ever seen. The music is a bit strange, but I like it. The pyro surely makes up for it. Great job, Disney!

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ad.php?p=95397
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Minion

Did anybody else hear Jafar's line about creating some "Sorcery in the Sky"? Seemed like a nice little tribute to the great MGM show.

• Banned User

nice images... you are so lucky...

• Banned User

Thanks for posting the video. The music was awful and it was hard to tell what they were signing sometimes with the pop twist on the music. The fireworks were impressive, but it got a little boring here and there. The finale was amazing though.

• The 70th Matt Named Super

So, maybe I'm in the minority here then?! I didn't dislike the show, in fact, I quite liked it, in some places. As TDL Fan stated, it is EXTERMLY nice to see many elements from Remember in this show. And I am very happy that we even have the show at all (as miserly as WDW is). But that soundtrack...UGH!

I went back out to see it again last night after work and while I liked it more than I did Tuesday night, I still have problems with the soundtrack. The show product (pyro) is great! The lighting is AWESOME! But those re mixes just stray too far from their origins. It's just strange! If the Headless Horseman and the Haunted Mansion/Grave Diggers from the Boo to You parade doesn't scare the stroller set, then I'm sure that ACTUAL music and dialogue from the Haunted Mansion and Nightmare Before Christmas wouldn't scare them either. Not to mention that "Poor Unfortunate Souls" is actually sung in The Little Mermaid animated film. I can only shake my head and wonder...

I'm a sucker though, so I'll be back out there again. This time watching the complete show Sunday night. I guess since I keep going back to watch it, it must mean that subconsciously the wonderful pyro and lighting overshadows the highly questionable soundtrack to me.

By the way...I just watched the video online from Disney World Triva.Com and it really doesn't do the show justice at all. I feel bad for you guys that can only see it on there. Remember, I'm rather hard on this show and think that it's 100% better than that video. You guys are missing just how AMAZING the castle looks during the show from the lighting effects. As I sit here and reflect while I type, I have to say that there is an awful lot to like and enjoy about this show! But Lord please help the people responsible for this soundtrack!!!

^^^I posted in the other thread about HalloWishes why I believe Disney mixed ... or messed with the music.