Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another Beastlie Kingdomme hint

I was looking through all of our AK merchandise and I found the opening day shirt we bought which shows anther scrapped promise of BK, or at least a scrapped hint at an eventual BK.it shows the AA dragon that was supposed to be where the growling cave is/was on the old Discovery Boats.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1560713463

I noted on my last visit all the other hints a the land that never was, down to the lamps near the ticket area and Oasis, to the benches and the logo that still contains the dragon. Just thought I'd share the pic ^^. And by the way, can anyone identify the little tiki-hut looking things on the island right next to the dragon?
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

• Married and happy again!!

Re: Another Beastlie Kingdomme hint

ummm I would love to look at the photo but they can't be seen you have to use your email address and pass to see them. *sigh* I still hold out some hope that the Beastly Kingdom may someday see the light of day and be built. I know that there isn't much hope though.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Sad Re: Another Beastlie Kingdomme hint

Just like Western river Expedition well over 30 yesrs a go,if some thing gets put off to a phase 2 project to cut costs.well most times its gone for good.

• We'll hold them at bay

unfortunately, its probably gone for good, although I do imagine the park will get another "land" at some point
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover View Post
    ummm I would love to look at the photo but they can't be seen you have to use your email address and pass to see them. *sigh* I still hold out some hope that the Beastly Kingdom may someday see the light of day and be built. I know that there isn't much hope though.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    unfortunately, its probably gone for good, although I do imagine the park will get another "land" at some point
    I like to think the idea isn't gone forever; as long as Joe Rhode is in charge of AK, there will always be someone to advocate it. But it may take years or even decades.

• Minion

Just some armchair imagineering but...if Beastlie Kingdomme doesn't get built I would love to see some of its elements incorporated into the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland. The absence of water as previously featured in the Submarine Lagoon has made Fantasyland look rather barren. I think the Fantasia boat ride would be a perfect fit on the footprint of the old lagoon. It would even be more thematically appropriate than 20,000 Leagues...and would restore water as a visual element in the land...and would give the MK a unique substitute for Storybookland. Also, since Fantasyland at MK is lacking a big e-ticket coaster in the vein of the Matterhorn...Dragon Tower could fit the bill admirably. It could be built in any number of locations...including a part of large chunk of unused land north of the berm, or even in place of unispring Toontown Fair. Of course a clone of DCA's Little Mermaid is likely to be built in place of the sub lagoon. But this could easily be built instead in many other locations...including beyond the berm.
    Down with the Hat

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I like to think the idea isn't gone forever; as long as Joe Rhode is in charge of AK, there will always be someone to advocate it. But it may take years or even decades.

I would love to see it built. I just think its more likely that another land like Australia by the Nemo show or a North America in the current Camp Minnie Mickey section.

But I would sure love to see those giant talking bats from the original concepts
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Not here to help

It would be nice to see a land filled with trolls and goblins, monsters, and yes dragons. Animals of the imagination. The plans that we all have herd about would be great to see come alive. A dragon coaster tower thing, jungle cruise with speed fire and a more bumpy ride than previous, and then som more rides. They could make it a place that "came alive" at night, fogg/smoke on the ground and creaturs lurking around and a fantasmic style show at the end of the evening.

North America? good NOOO. Australia...? well Nemo needs a home, but it would be hard to push in next to the wonderful Dinocrapp Land.

Why can´t they just make one park perfect? like DisneySEA in Tokyo.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

There is space enough left for two new lands...there is the Beastlie Kingdomme plot of course, currently partly occupied by Camp Minnie-Mickey. Then there is the large chunk of land north of Asia. This land was supposed to be part of a large boat ride called "Tiger Rapids Run" featuring real animals...the Asian equivalent of Kilimanjaro Safaris. The budget got slashed and instead we ended up with Kali River Rapids...which occupies only a small part of the area intended for Tiger Rapids Run. On the good side this means a large chunk of land remains for future expansion...most likely as a whole new land.
    Down with the Hat

• MiceAge Columnist

Have a look at google maps... that land north of Asia is *cleared*. Some of it is marked as "Everest" by good-meaning (but misinformed) google volunteers. It's clearly not Everest (which is visible nearby). So what *is* it for??
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Have a look at google maps... that land north of Asia is *cleared*. Some of it is marked as "Everest" by good-meaning (but misinformed) google volunteers. It's clearly not Everest (which is visible nearby). So what *is* it for??
    It has been cleared for some while, but no evidence of any construction. One popular internet rumour a while back was for Australia to be built in that area...
    Down with the Hat

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    It North America? good NOOO.
    I could envision a recreation of the old "Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland", but with real animals. I think it would be a good fit...

Why can´t they just make one park perfect? like DisneySEA in Tokyo.
    Animal Kingdom isn't DisneySea-perfect but still pretty nice, and hopefully will only get better with time.
    Down with the Hat

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    INorth America? good NOOO.
    I like America incorporating both North and South

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/05/29...-park/#respond
    www.jamboeveryone.com

Great Googly Moogly! Does this thing work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast