Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

So I just watched a video of "Magical" in the DL forum...

...OMG! SQUEE! Dumbo is so cute! Why can't WDW do something like this? I'm honestly bored with Wishes. Sure it's a good show, but I always skip it now. I'm like, "been there, seen that". Meh. I'm not a big fireworks fan to begin with, but I really liked Magical from what I've seen. I just wish the suits in Orlando would get with the program and come up with a new fireworks show for MK. Something where they could get a Dumbo of their own or... something.

• Fortuosity!

Re: So I just watched a video of "Magical" in the DL forum...

Agreed, 1999 Fantasy in the Sky lasted 4 years and Wishes so far 6, it's time for change.

I proposed this idea on another site and got alot of "OMG NO WAY! WISHES IZ the KEWLEST! It can't be better!". How many fireworks shows have they seen anyway? Give Disney a chance and they can do better.

Watching Magical it just shows how there is always room for improvement and I'd love for at least the lighting package to be added to Cinderella Castle as it does look quite fantastic.

But I have a strange feeling it wont be until 2011 when a new fireworks show is done for MK.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Wanting diversity in our fireworks shows and parades instead of the same old thing every single time for years on end?

*gasp! shock! horror!*

Blasphemy!

Yeah... we're rebels.

Even the overseas parks have special seasonal events just for the summer. WDW can't seem to do that unless they charge an arm, leg and your first-born for a hard-ticket event.

And since I mentioned parades here... I am over the current ones at WDW too. Sure the street party is new, so I'll cut that some slack for trying something different. But I am tired of the Share/Celebrate/Nuclear Bomb/Hallucinate a Dream Come True parade and Spectromagic. Spectro needs a major overhaul. Have you seen the videos of Tokyo's Dreamlight's parade? Talk about a thing of beauty! Spectro is just old and dated (and LOUD). And can we PLEASE burn down the big-a$$ castle float from hell while we're at it? That thing has been in every parade since 1981! I'm all for recycling, but give it a rest, already!

• Fortuosity!

ALL of WDW entertainment needs fixing or additions:

- MK needs tech upgrades to SpectroMagic, a new totally made from scratch afternoon parade where the castle float will be burned to the ground before our eyes, a saloon revue at the Diamond Horseshoe, something to replace Stitch, etc. The biggest mess of them all.

- New version of Illuminations to replace the 10 year old thing we got now.

- Major, if not huge, upgrades to Fantasmic! At least this park got a recent replacement for it's afternoon parade.

- Too bad no River of Lights for AK, and that park's parade is already 8 years old too.

Hopefully stuff will be done for the 40th, if not I know who to rebel with (Wonderpup can bring that gun of his if he wants) .
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Occasional Reader

I'm up for changes.... In 6 years technology must have moved on ... can it be used to improve on what's there....if the answer is yes, then do it, if not, leave it.
    The issue when you change is that you do get the people pining for the nostalgic older version.

Studios should get a new dragon for Fantasmic! Like DL is getting.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: So I just watched a video of "Magical" in the DL forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpeedo View Post
    I'm up for changes.... In 6 years technology must have moved on ... can it be used to improve on what's there....if the answer is yes, then do it, if not, leave it.
    The issue when you change is that you do get the people pining for the nostalgic older version.
    A radio station in San Francisco has an annual firewoks show involing 5 barges packed with pyro, and always involving the cutting edge in new fireworks.
    http://kfog.com/Pages/KFOGKaBoom2009...0/Default.aspx
    I think it may even be produced by the same company that Disney works with. Regardless, I can assure you that things have definitely moved onward and upward in fireworks technology.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Official MC Thread Killer

Thank you!! I totallay agree. I would be totally content with Wishes heading out the door and a show just like, or actually having, Magical in the Magic Kingdom (with Dumbo of course, and not to mention an extremely better Tinkerbell, too).

It's funny how most of the WDW fans and WDW locals really like and accept Magical, where it seems most of the DL fans and DL locals are still whinning about Magical not being RDCT. I mean this in a light hearted way, but it seems that the "DL crowd" has been really spoiled by having RDCT every night for the last few years that when a legit new show comes along that Magic Kingdom fans would be proud to have, they complain. Oh well.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

^^ The DL locals need to accept that "Magical" is not supposed to be another "Remember"... and that's perfectly okay! I think it's a really cute show and I am still squeeing over Dumbo! I actually teared up a little hen I saw him... he's THAT cool!

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ^^ The DL locals need to accept that "Magical" is not supposed to be another "Remember"... and that's perfectly okay! I think it's a really cute show and I am still squeeing over Dumbo! I actually teared up a little hen I saw him... he's THAT cool!

Haha me too! I legit was tearing up when Dumbo came on. That is what I feel Disney magic is supposed to do. It was such a beautiful and unique moment. I'm really jealous of the people at Disneyland who get to see him live! Too bad people are complaining and don't appreciate the quality show they have :-/
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• A Suitcase & A Dream

DisneyWorld needs a major entertainment overhaul at all the parks. We at Disneyland are a little spoiled with the upgrades in our Fantasmic and Electrical Parade, new fireworks and World of Color. Hopefully with Magic Kingdom's 40th coming up new parades and upgrades are on there way.

i going to be stone for this, but i never like Remember. now i have only see magical on the interwebs but i like it alot.

I would settle for a flying Dumbo at the end of Fantasmic following the ship at DHS.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I think they should change half of Frontierland, make it New Orleans Square and add Fantasmic to TSI, then I'd be happy. :P

^^ That works too as long as they keep my Country Bears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast