Thread: Dining Question

• Mostly Harmless.

Dining Question

In prep for my mum-in-law coming I have been looking at Disney Dining. I've noticed something that is kind of bugging the Hell out of me. It seems that a good portion of the eateries are either counter service or character meals and there is a lack of breakfast in the parks. DL has two of my favorite places to eat, Blue Bayou and the Carnation Cafe. Maybe I am just in the mood for Cinnamon Roll French Toast, but I really think that the Florida parks are lacking in non-character, sit-down breakfast joints and full service places.
    Obviously the resorts have full service restaurants, but for those who are here for just a quick trip and may not want to leave a park the choices are limited. Unless you find yourself at the Studios park. There are plenty of Full Services places there, but as far as I know they are still lacking in breakfast.
    OK. I'm done griping for now.

DL Eateries
    WDW Eateries
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Defying gravity

Re: Dining Question

I don't know about breakfast...but World Showcase in Epcot has TONS of full service restaurants. Just take your pick! I always avoid eating in MK and DHS.

• Mostly Harmless.

True, I did leave out EPCOT, which is strange for me, but I'm wanting a breakfast place...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Here's an idea... Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. They have a great breakfast menu (the macadamia-pineapple pancakes are awesome, as is the pure Kona coffee), and it's just a monorail ride away to MK or EPCOT.

If you're down by Epcot, try Spoodles at the Boardwalk for a non-character, table service breakfast. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it when I tried it.

To answer Coastierox's implied question, the only non-counter service, non-buffet breakfast in the parks is at the Rainforest Cafe (Animal Kingdom), Cafe Orleans and the Carnation Cafe (both Disneyland). For breakfast, I prefer Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (when I have the time) and Pizzafari (when I don't have the time) to the Rainforest Cafe.

100% agree on the Kona Cafe. As for the Studios, I either eat elsewhere or have a continental breakfast at Starring Rolls Cafe or the Writer's Stop.