Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mouseketeer

Talking The Rain, Rain, Rain, came Down, Down, Down: 5/14-5/28. (Photo heavy)

First trip to WDW and my sister and I spent two weeks there. Ten days at the parks, and we still didn't get to see everything. We spent most of our nights at French Quarter, and four nights at AKL. Why the two weeks? We had held off on taking a trip to WDW for years, so we decided when we finally went, it would be for 2 weeks (also because we can stretch out DL into five days and still clamor for more!).

I think we had sunshine for one about 4-5 days, which was great since we have so much back home. I was probably grinning like an idiot with every thunderstorm and every downpour. Nearly ruined my camera a few times by taking so many pictures in the rain. It started zooming in and out and opening menus on its own. It was a blast!

I have to say I was very impressed with WDW. I had heard a lot of things here on MC, negative and positive. I kept my mind open, and looked for myself. MK took some getting used to. My first impression was that I didn't care for it. It felt very empty without Matterhorn, Indy and sub lagoon, not to mention Space, HoP, and TTA being down for refurb. The park grew on me, a lot. I ended up spending the most time there, always going back there after the other parks close and had a blast. DAK was great. So many wonderful things there. DHS was a lot of fun seeing all the shows the first time, then I ran out of things to do. That park has so much potential, though. Epcot was, umm....okay. I think I ended up missing some things (for one I know I missed the American Experience) but it felt like a shopping mall in most of the pavilions, like the Land, and the Imagination Pavilion.

On to pictures. I don't think they're in any particular order anymore. I'll get more up later. Also, sorry this is so late. I jumped right into summer school when I got back and am only now finding the time.

Pics in posts 1, 15, and 17.

I didn't notice the whittled version of the partners statue on the parade float until I got home and looked through my pictures:

Last edited by Semiquaver; 06-12-2009 at 03:29 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: The Rain, Rain, Rain, came Down, Down, Down: 5/14-5/28. (Photo heavy)

Gorgeous pictures! Thank you for sharing them! I hope there are more coming!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Wow! Such beautiful pictures. I absolutely love the one of Main Street at dusk. Just gorgeous. A perfect daydreaming photo.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Wonderful pictures. It's good to hear some great comments about the Magic Kingdom. It has always been my favorite Disney World park. I am going in August, and except for possibly doing an early entry at each park, my plan is to be as spontaneous as I can be. There's a lot to like about Disney World, and I am so excited to go.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

thanks for the pics, very much appericated and needed today!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Absolutely stunning photography. It's fun to see the heavy downpour photos without a sea of ponchos. It's beautiful to look at...not so much fun to be in.

Thanks for sharing.
    Rick

• World Traveler

Wow ... great photos! I'm amazed at the detail of that parade float with the Partner's statue on it. Thanks so much for sharing these.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Oh terrific! i was there at the same time 5/14 -5/21. If you were looking for rain, you definetly got it that week!!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

WONDERFUL photos, I love the rain pics, it makes the parks look so peaceful.

I agree though, please post more, I'd love to see what else you saw.

• Mouseketeer

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'll try to get some more up after class today.

Fantastic pictures especially the Splash Mtn and Big Thunder Mtn at dusk shots! I always love trip reports from first timers too, can't wait to see the rest of it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Semiquaver View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'll try to get some more up after class today.
    I would like to know what about Epcot you didn't like. I know you mentioned the shops of World Showcase but what about Future World or the different acts they have around WS. Did you see any of them?

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

JUST WOW on some of those pics. You have a particularly good eye for negative space and composition aside from balancing the light. Just lovely!

My Favorite park is Animal Kingdom. Not because it's the perfect park, far from it. But I love it's lush theme and landscape, I love it's sprawl, and the animals of course.

EPCOT is my second fave. Booze and food. But it has three of my favorite WDW attractions: Mission:Space and Test Track and Spaceship Earth. Unfortunately the place is terribly uneven in the World Showcase area but it's still very beautiful.

Magic Kingdom is my third favorite. MK feels kind of like a soulless version of Disneyland, especially now with all of the refurbishment. Still, their Mansion kicks DL's BUTT right now as does their Splash Mountain.

Studios is my least favorite park. There is only one truly amazing attraction; Tower of Terror, two good ones, The Great Movie Ride and Midway Mania, and a so-so-coaster with the worst pre-show in any Disney attraction ever. Add to that the glut of stage shows and arenas and, well, you are done pretty quick.

just my two cents.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Minion

Thanks for the report, and great that you kept an open mind and formed your own opinions...keeping in mind that the stuff we read on the forums can be highly informative...but occasionally reflective of personal tastes or biases...so best to judge for oneself.
    Down with the Hat

• Mouseketeer

I just noticed I wrote in the OP that we had 9-10 days of sunshine, but I really meant we had that many days of rain. Here's some shots of it, not all the greatest quality, but it really gets the point across.

There were some very interesting clouds threatening Fantasmic! the night we finally tried to catch it:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast