Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• DLR Cast Member

Re: Hall of Presidents Open?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Personally, I would keep HOPs closed for good. Religion and politics should be kept off the Disney parks. I wish Disney would mind their own business and concentrate on their own set of characters rather than real ones.
    The Hall of Presidents doesn't address politics. It addresses the respect for our presidents, without regard to political party, position, or affiliation. This is something that Disney does well, and is sorely lacking in American society.

• World Traveler

Re: Obamatronic previewed today.

I also read some very good reviews on the show. I hope to see it next time I visit the Magic Kingdom.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I just wish the guests visiting the attraction would refrain from booing the presidents. I think that's so tacky... I hope with the new show, that behavior stops. I'm looking forward to seeing it on my next trip. I have to say, I love the "edutainment" side of Disney, and wish they did more of that.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The new film sounds like a real crowd pleaser, as does the Obamatronic. Does the AA come equiped with a teleprompter?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Obama played for the first few selected guests today.
    It's been in previews for a few days now. Reviews and full videos have been posted on the thread over here
    Hall of Presidents Open?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I just wish the guests visiting the attraction would refrain from booing the presidents. I think that's so tacky... I hope with the new show, that behavior stops. I'm looking forward to seeing it on my next trip. I have to say, I love the "edutainment" side of Disney, and wish they did more of that.
    Disneyland's Great Empty Theater Moments With Abraham Lincoln should be so lucky. Rude guests booing the presidents are better than no audience at all.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Obama played for the first few selected guests today. I did not see the show nor care to, but some of you might be interested.
    Here is what my sources had to say...
    "We went to the preview of Hall of Presidents today. Disney did a fantastic job. Obama is great as is the new movie."
    Go there and enjoy it. And please... hold your applause until the presentation has ended, to keep the dignity of the show and that of those clowns up on the stage, intact.
    You should go see the show TDLfan. You complain about WDW a lot, mostly because it deserves it, but this is a case of them doing a great job.

• Banned User

I will get to see the show sooner or later. I am just not making a special trip to the park to see it. I will get around when I get around. I am awared of the positive reviews and they even have a small report on the front page of the Orlando Sentinel today, plus some small report was done in our local channel 6 news. Since it is not a secret how I feel about politics and reality-based attractions in a DL-style park (Sorry Walt), I am willing to review and offer positive critique if I like what I see.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Allears posted a review of the show and building

Hall of Presidents Reopens (The ?World? According to Jack)
    Jack of Allears Net is the most savy and reliable person any Disney fan could possibly meet and get information from about Disney. He's a great guy and very good personal friend. I highly recommend everyone to check out his blogs.

• Berm Buster

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gtnq-0WA7A]YouTube - Walt Disney World - Hall Of Presidents Finale w/ Barack Obama 6/28/09[/ame]

I found this on Youtube of the new animatronic.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Disneyland's Great Empty Theater Moments With Abraham Lincoln should be so lucky. Rude guests booing the presidents are better than no audience at all.
    I strongly disagree with this. Out of sheer respect, I would rather people ignore the attraction and have it close than to sit through the booing and popularity contest the HoP has become. I have skipped it many times because of this fact. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but enough that I worry if it will.

With that being said, I am glad the new presentation is getting such positive feedback and am looking forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Diamond Edition

I was surprised that nobody booed during the very crowded preview I attended yesterday. The majority of the crowd was your average park guest. I overheard many on the way in asking cast members what this "ride" was.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    The only negative I have seen so far, and it's not even a negative, is that Battle Hymn of the Republic is not used as the finale, and America the Beautiful is used instead.

I am getting more and more excited about this the more I read about it.

Was the Battle Hymn ever used there? I believe that the Battle Hymn was used in the Disneyland Lincoln show.

• Fortuosity!

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Was the Battle Hymn ever used there? I believe that the Battle Hymn was used in the Disneyland Lincoln show.
    It always was in HoP, however I think it makes sense to go even if it will be missed by me.

My only complaint is the cheesey American Flag projection at the end replacing the matte effect of the sky becoming the American flag. The older version was much more impressive and less tacky.

However everything else I have seen have been very impressed with. Several hundreds times better than the previous version.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I was surprised that nobody booed during the very crowded preview I attended yesterday. The majority of the crowd was your average park guest. I overheard many on the way in asking cast members what this "ride" was.

Ok that's just my biggest pet peeve. It just bugs me to no end when people call attractions that are shows, "rides".

/soapbox

*ahem*

I'll probably check it out once to see Obama but I'll still probably catch a quick nap during the movie. Morgan Freeman is cool, but Samuel L Jackson would make everyone shut up and pay attention.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast