Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Not here to help

What makes Magic Kingdom worth a visit?

This is just a thing that I came to think of when I started to plan how many days I should spend the next time I will be on Disney grounds in Florida.

There are two things that I simply do not understand. The families that go each year to WDW and those that claim that Magic Kingdom is the best or one of the better Disneyland styled parks in the world. To me a good themepark is only as good as itīs theme and rides. DLP, HKDL and TDL, to name some that I have been to, have that spacial thing that makes them unique in a small but significant way.
    Since I live far away from WDW a visit to the parks would take alot planning. When I think of it... there is nothing that I want to see and do in MK while in WDW.

What makes Magic Kingdom worth a visit?
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 06-16-2009 at 09:00 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Blog Entries

Re: What makes Magic Kingdom worth a visit?

MK has the best Haunted Mansion anywhere. I also think it has one of the better Fireworks shows anywhere. Plus, its the only park who still has the peoplemover (although its currently under refurbishment)

• Choir nerd

The only reason I would go to MK would be if I was closer to it than any other Disneyland-style park and couldn't stand to be away from one any longer. Or, if I was taking a trip to EPCOT, DHS and DAK and was just stopping by.

I think the MK's appeal has everything in the world to do with the fact that you have 4 parks (plus water parks, if you're interested) to see. I've not seen anyone claim that the MK alone is better than content at other DL parks, but I think the entire package makes the trip worth it for most.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

The only reason to go to MK is if you have the time to visit the other parks. MK is a good time, but it's no longer the reason I'd go to WDW.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I believe it's what you have available to you. Most people can't or don't see a reason to visit all the other Disney parks in the world, save the dire hard fans. The average family gets touted WDW almost everywhere and that's what they think of when they think of the parks. So I think most people going there have no experience with any other MK park so they take what they are given because it's still good enough to paint the fantasy. Maybe not to those of us that have been going there forever or have seen the way it should be done in other parks but for those that don't know anything else, it does it for them.

It's all about perception. If all you've ever seen is Magic Kingdom in WDW then that's what your used to.

I personally visit it because I flippin live here and while I'd rather be at DL (because I've never been over seas) I take what I can because it's what I have available to me.

Doesn't mean I dislike the park, I just enjoy it for what I can and take from it what I need.

Does that help?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It tends to be open later than the other parks.

• We'll hold them at bay

sunny eclipse
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

In addition to what others are mentioning--there's some details here that are basically ideas that Walt had for the original Disneyland that were not built or carried to fruition.

Liberty Square, once named Edison Square was on the original plan.

Secondly, this place is HUGE. Given the space to build out, the rides were all slightly bigger and the detail was included. Look at the Castle. Here with it's size, it matches the majesty that Disney wanted in California.

I do believe it is worth a visit of a day.

But I'm one who sees everything as unique. Do not take the time to compare it D-land or any other park for that matter. See it for what it is.

A place of dreams and imagination. Not a comparative essay written for third period.

I love the park, frankly, and it satisifies my need of escapism.

Hopefully, that made sense.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

It is the best magic kindgom on the planet. Better than TDL.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Minion

MK may not have much to offer for someone who travels the world visiting Disney parks, but plenty for most people. There is still enough magic for the average the average visitor who may not be quite as informed - or cynical - as some in these forums. The rides, parades, etc may be lesser than some equivalent in some other parks but are still very good in their own right and appreciated by most people as such. So the answer for you would be that it's not worth a visit, since you would likely go there excpecting to be disappointed and then find exactly that. Don't get me wrong - I think MK can and should improve in many ways. But a visit there is still worth it for most people...and most people leave quite happy.
    Down with the Hat

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Liberty Square, once named Edison Square was on the original plan.
    It actually comes from Liberty Street which was a separate project planned in conjunction with Edison Square. Edison Square would have been accessed between Main Street, USA and Tomorrowland and Liberty Street would have been accessed from Town Square. The 1958 fun map (see front inside cover of The Art of Disneyland or both inside covers of Disneyland: Inside Story) shows the two projects.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

TTA/Peoplemover
    Carousel of Progress
    Country Bear Jamboree
    different Haunted Mansion, Splash, Space and Thunder
    Wishes
    SpectroMagic
    Dole Whips!
    Hall of Presidents
    Figaro Fries

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    It actually comes from Liberty Street which was a separate project planned in conjunction with Edison Square. Edison Square would have been accessed between Main Street, USA and Tomorrowland and Liberty Street would have been accessed from Town Square. The 1958 fun map (see front inside cover of The Art of Disneyland or both inside covers of Disneyland: Inside Story) shows the two projects.
    I beg your pardon for paraphrasing--no ill intent was meant.

Thanks for the elaboration.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I believe it's what you have available to you. Most people can't or don't see a reason to visit all the other Disney parks in the world, save the dire hard fans. The average family gets touted WDW almost everywhere and that's what they think of when they think of the parks. So I think most people going there have no experience with any other MK park so they take what they are given because it's still good enough to paint the fantasy. Maybe not to those of us that have been going there forever or have seen the way it should be done in other parks but for those that don't know anything else, it does it for them.

It's all about perception. If all you've ever seen is Magic Kingdom in WDW then that's what your used to.

I personally visit it because I flippin live here and while I'd rather be at DL (because I've never been over seas) I take what I can because it's what I have available to me.

Doesn't mean I dislike the park, I just enjoy it for what I can and take from it what I need.

Does that help?
    It did help and the other answers as well. For me it wasnīt a thing I wanted to hear just because alot of people say bad things about it.
    As a person that lives on the outscirts of the world going to any Disney park takes alot of planning, and while there I want to see and do as much as possible but also think that I get away with it all for a fair amount. It costs alot to go anywhere from Sweden.
    I tend to plan ahead. In a few months itīs TDR and HKDL time. After that sometime in the next year I am going to WDW. As it looks now I will only spend a few hours in MK. But I donīt want to make a mistake. I am traveling with folks that only have been in TDL/TDS and HKDL. I would just like to get it all the best way for them to see as much as possible but not make a mistake and wander around having nothing to do.

I just want to add that the castle in Paris is the best as well as alot of the rides there and the park is huge. The Tokyo Splash Mountain is superb and THE way it should have been made from the start. That park also feels as new as and as clean as place can be, even if some lands could be changed a bit to look better. HKDL is small but fresh and feels very natural, Autopia does not smell and it has a better Space Mountain than MK. Disneyland, the original park will always be the original and that is reason enough to praise it.

I still feel that a park as old as MK still doesnīt have anything to offer when compared to the other Disneylands out there. My hope is on the new version of Space Mountain... and a great sunset.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast