Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist

Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Online Restaurant Reservations are here!

Glad I already booked all my ressies for July. I think this will make it even harder to get a reservation outside the 90 day window. I have to try it myself before I make a true opinion though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Mostly Harmless.

I was playing with it and it seemed easy enough. A good addition might be to add the menus. Not that venturing over to all ears is that difficult, but having it all there would be easier.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I'm with Yoyo. Glad mine are already booked.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    I was playing with it and it seemed easy enough. A good addition might be to add the menus. Not that venturing over to all ears is that difficult, but having it all there would be easier.
    I thought of that too, but I also thought about the fact that with the old system of calling, no one ever received a full menu either. Since it has taken the next step and gone online are they obligated to provide menus now? Possibly.

Even if this is just the first day, I am sure things are still being worked out and this might be something we see in the future.

I played around with the system a little too. I do like they offer additional suggestions as well, and it does seem simple enough. I am cautiously optimistic, but I might change my tune once I actually have to use it.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I love it. Easy to browse and book.

One thing that would make it more helpful is to be able to simply enter a park or hotel and a time and have the system return the restaurants in that area which have availability.

But overall I think it is going to be a great resource.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Another trip down I-4

I did see the menus for at least one restaurant (Tony's Town Square) - maybe they're rolling it out slowly?

• WDW CM & HM fan

I tried using "A La Carte" yesterday and today and had a problem with my reservation number both times. I was attempting to make a breakfast ressie for Chef Mickey's at day 89 and was getting nothing for one person. When I called last night (and waited 15 minutes), it was even worse! I ended up making a different reservation this morning for that stay. I used two different versions of the system, and was concerned with the problem I had when I input my reservation number (for my resort stay).

In theory, it sounds great, but there are some kinks that need to be inorned out (or so I have heard; it's nick name is alacrap).
    AKA doombuggy
    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani

• Shubisha

Have they fixed it so you can't have 2 reservations for the same time-frame? It really bugged me when I wanted to change a reservation and told the person to cancel my previous one and they said "oh don't worry about cancelling it you just don't show up and it's fine" because I'd hate some family not to get a reservation and decide they can't eat somewhere they wanted to for a reservation I knew I wasn't going to, and the CMs are even telling people not to worry about it. I had the CM cancel my reservation anyways(it was for Le Celliere at that, something that's usually filled up fast).

I feel like this is a good thing to make the process of a reservation easier but that given the problems with the reservation "system" period it'll make it even harder to ever get the reservations you want.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I used it last night to book lunch at Kona Cafe for tomorrow, our arrival day. Worked fine for me and I got an email confirmation instantaneously

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Does anyone know as yet at what time of day does it become active? It used to be that you had to call at 6am eastern time on the first day of your 90 day window. So now can you get in at 12:01am, or do you still have to wait till 6am?

• far, far away from DL

Good question. My 90 window is coming up on Tuesday. I am wondering if I need to take that day off or if I could do it online before work.

• Characters are my friends

I love the new online ADR system! I tried it already, and it is great. I can't wait to make the rest of my ADRs.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Does anyone know as yet at what time of day does it become active? It used to be that you had to call at 6am eastern time on the first day of your 90 day window. So now can you get in at 12:01am, or do you still have to wait till 6am?
    Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
    Good question. My 90 window is coming up on Tuesday. I am wondering if I need to take that day off or if I could do it online before work.
    According to Mouseplanet

We've since confirmed that the reservation date for the 90-day period (or 90 + 10) moves to the next day at 7 a.m. (Eastern), putting those making online reservations on equal footing with those calling the WDW Dine Line at 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3563).
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Yet I have read from others that you can get in online an hour early, at 6am eastern. It's worth a try, anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast