• Diva Extrodinaire

Magic Your Way Deluxe Dining Plan-Is It Worth It?

I might be going to WDW with my family.We werethnking of the Magic Your Way Deluxe Dining Plan, despite the price.I have a few questions:

1. Is it worth it?
    2. Are the dining plan menus "limited menus"?
    3. Are there any hotels that you cannot choose? Would the Grand Flo cost more compared to the All Star?
    We might not go to WDW due ot the economy, but it is for a onvention, so I'm the planner of the trip. I hope we go, but I wanna know how much savings there are.

Thanks!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Re: Magic Your Way Deluxe Dining Plan-Is It Worth It?

The dining plan menus are not limited. While not all restaurants are on the plan, most are. Is it worth it? For me, no. It's way too much food, with just about a requirement of doing sitdown meals 3 times a day. As large as some of those meals can be, there's simply no way I could get my money's worth out of the plan.

We were on the basic and yes, you got a lot of food, which, I thought, made it well worth its money. With the dining plan, you can eat at some pretty expensive restaurants (like $10-13 per meal) and not have to worry about prices. And if you can't eat desert there. they usually will allow you to have it boxed.

It's a lot better than it looks.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Diva Extrodinaire

Just one last thing: Do you save money with the Deluxe Dining Package? And, can you choose ANY hotel, or are there limitations/price hikes for higher-up hotels?

I know that when we went to Disney, we origionally had booked the French Quarter but they had us move to Riverside because of this. I bet all the other hotels allow it without any change. The Port Orleans resorts are different because they are different hotels but they share the same places such as the dining and lobby. I believe its a flat rate... correct me if I'm wrong.

It costs about $40 per person per night, which will save you money, considering that some places have average rates in the double digits.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

MT, someone needs to log in with the link to the webpage that shows all the restaurants that are on the different dining plans. It has NOTHING to do with where you stay. If you book a value resort with any dining plan, it's the same as if you booked the Grand Floridian (the most pricey resort on WDW property!) and got the same dining plan.

Now, will you save money? You have to dig in and do some math to answer that question. I did the basic Disney Dining Plan once, and it didn't work out very well for me. It was OK, but I tend to lean towards the signature restaurants that take up TWO points for a meal, which meant that over the course of a week I still had to pay money out of pocket for some meals. By the end of the week I probably broke even, but it still wasn't worth it in the headache of trying to figger out what points I had, if I was eating the right entree to make the plan worth it, etc. It was just too much hassle for me.

And the DELUXE Dining Plan, which has even more food for you to HAVE to eat to make a buck, just is in no way worth it to ME. But as I said, YOU have to do the math to see if it would be worth it for you. Good luck!

• Diva Extrodinaire

Thank you all so much!