• Banned User

Exclamation Paradiso 37 is now opened.

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but FYI, the new Pleasure Island restaurant Paradiso 37 has opened, serving a diverse menu that includes chicken, steak, salads and mexican items among others selections. I personally emjoyed the ambiance, and liked how the bar splits into an indoor and outdoor area. The dinning room is bi-leveled and the staff was very friendly, young and pretty
    Check it out next time you visit DTD' PI.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Paradiso 37 is now opened.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but FYI, the new Pleasure Island restaurant Paradiso 37 has opened, serving a diverse menu that includes chicken, steak, salads and mexican items among others selections. I personally emjoyed the ambiance, and liked how the bar splits into an indoor and outdoor area. The dinning room is bi-leveled and the staff was very friendly, young and pretty
    Check it out next time you visit DTD' PI.
    But of course the million dollar question is how are the prices?

Looking at the menus...it seems VERY expensive. On top of that, other than the tequilla bar, it doesn't look appealing to me offerings wise...but does it feel as expensive once the food comes as it looks on the menu?

And my beef with it is the tiny sign...really? They sure didn't set the bar very with the exterior work they did. That sign is not exactly eye catching.

• Banned User

Those are minial things... I do not mind the tiny sign because honestly? the way they do things at WDW, I much rather have an understated look than a bad loud one, like most of the loud and tacky signage found around DTD and West End. (God do I wish we had DLR's DTD here)
    AS for the menu prices being expensive.. well.. this is WDW pricing, isn't it? But knowing how much you CMs get paid... yes, I can see the apprehencion. You probably get a discount there since some of the people I saw dining *were* CMs on break or after work hours. Some of us do not think the place is any more expensive that the ultra loud and tacky T-Rex for example. In regards to the wine list.. I do not care much for wine, and a diet Coke will suffice me, so that is not a deciding factor.

I still like the place for the ambiance it offers and the varied menue items.

• Minion

It will be on my list of "to dos" for December! Thanks for the review!
    I want my cake back!

• Diamond Edition

I went there during its soft opening and wasn't very pleased. Our server was a middle aged man and he kept complaining about the way things are run to his coworkers right in front of us and other guests. The prices were high, so I expected the food to be better than it was (I had burritos). We got the desert that comes in a hollowed out coconut, which looks bigger than it is in the picture. Essentially, it was an $8 sundae consisting of 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and a cinnamon sugar cracker sticking out of the top.

I agree that the decor was nice, but we didn't have as great of an experience there as TDLFAN did. I would recommend the T-Rex Cafe if you are in the mood to try a new restaurant at Downtown Disney. Otherwise, the old favorites are still there to please your appetite again and again. I probably won't go back to Paradiso 37 with all of the other great restaurant offerings at Downtown Disney.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I agree that the decor was nice, but we didn't have as great of an experience there as TDLFAN did. I would recommend the T-Rex Cafe if you are in the mood to try a new restaurant at Downtown Disney. Otherwise, the old favorites are still there to please your appetite again and again. I probably won't go back to Paradiso 37 with all of the other great restaurant offerings at Downtown Disney.
    Just to clarify... TDLFAN went there to look around. I did NOT eat there. I was in and out the door in less than 3 minutes. I can not comment on the food because I did not try it. I just commented on what I saw while I was there. Just wanted to make that clear because I am not going to be held responsible for anyone who goes there to eat thinking I am recommending this place for the food. Personally, I would rather go to Ale House or Cafe Madrid OFF Disney property for a cheaper and better meal.

• All-American

Sounds good... a reliable (unlike the balloon) and in-theme (unlike T-Rex) permanent tenant for Pleasure Island!

Now, if they would just reopen the Adventurer's Club...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Kevin Yee posted about it in hiscolumn: MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...

He didn't like it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Diamond Edition

Good to know I'm not the only one who didn't like it. It's owned and operated by the same company that did Restaurant Marakesh in Epcot. I think their name is E-Restaurants or something like that. So far in my book, they are 0 for 2.

• We'll hold them at bay

i would give it a shot
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom