Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Hello Dolly.

Planning WDW trip. HELP!

After saving up for a Disneyland trip, my family decided lets try WDW for the 1st time. So we are continuing our saving and going to try to go to WDW for 10 nights(6 park hoppers, 1 day at IOA, and the others are relax days) in July. So i got some questions hopefully some of you MCers will answer. Answer some of the questions for IOA too if you want. Thx! =]

1) How are the crowds in July..

2) What are the special benefits for staying at a resort?

3) Are there any must see rides, shows, and just cool things to look at(even the little stuff).

4) Any resturants you recommend we must see or go eat at? We heard about Mythos at Island of Adventure did any of you guys like it?

5) We are planning on getting 6 day tickets. 1 day each park and we got 2 more ticket to spend time at our favorites. Which parks would you spend the extra two tickets at?

6) Are we going to have to rent a car to get to IOA or is there transportation provided around the WDW resorts?

7) Do you think we should use one of our 6 days on the waterparks or do you suggest we just use those days to explore the parks some more?

8) How would the weather be in July?

9) Are there any planned rehabs for next year at any of the WDW parks?

10) Is there anytime in between June and August that is a great time to go, or is it always very hot and has moderate to crowded parks during those periods.

11) We were also considering August to go. We read that prices were cheaper but also hurricanes happened alot. Has anyone here gone in August and if so how was it?

12)Is there a big differerence in crowds between weekdays and weekends

About the Beach Club Resort.

We pretty much made up our mind on staying at the Disney's Beach Club Resort. We seemed to like it the most from the info we found out but I'd like to hear the people of micechat's opinion about this resort.

1) Have you ever stayed here. Would you recommend it and how was it?

2) Are the views of Cresant Lake from your room or balconies any good?

3) Are there any other hotels would would recommend?

4) Is the Boardwalk area a nice place to hangout and shop?

I think I asked all my family and I wanted to know. Ill post some more if I think of any. Thanks to all those who helped. GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
    Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 07-17-2009 at 06:47 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Planning WDW trip. HELP!

5) We are planning on getting 6 day tickets. 1 day each park and we got 2 more ticket to spend time at our favorites. Which parks would you spend the extra two tickets at?
    I'd spend at least one extra day at EPCOT as it's so freaking huge. You need at least 2 days there and you still probably won't see everything.

6) Are we going to have to rent a car to get to IOA or is there transportation provided around the WDW resorts?
    You'll have to rent a car or take a taxi if you want to leave WDW property. The WDW busses only take you to the WDW parks, hotels & Downtown Disney. And it's about a 20-25 minute drive from WDW to Universal.

8) How would the weather be in June?
    Hot, hot, HOT! And humid. Expect temps in the low 90's with the heat index in the upper 90's. For example, here in Clearwater (90 minutes away), at noon the temp was 90 with a heat index of 99.

No idea yet. Best bet it to keep an eye here and on sites like Mice Age and Mouse Planet.

If you don't mind staying at a value resort, Pop Century is really cool. Or if you want to go with a moderate resort, either of the Port Orleans ones (Riverside or French Quarter) are nice too.

• Pilot EdForceOne

There are a lot of basic questions here. I'd really suggest getting one of the guide books to help you get a solid foundation.

I'm here now and will start the WDW part of my vacation tomorrow.

Crowds - I'm expecting them to be moderate to high. It's not peak crowds like Easter/XMas, but it's not going to be empty.

On Property - the 'hard' benefits are free parking, extra magic hours, delivery of purchased goods to your room, early option to get Dining Reservations, and Magical Express (Bus from Airport) if you chose to use it.

Days/Parks - Get some of the guide materials and you'll see you probably will not end up strictly 1 day, 1 park. You can't do EPCOT in a single day for instance. Normally we make a point about a main target for the day, and usually end up somewhere else later, or later in the trip decide which parks you want to revist. 6 days for your first visit will get you the highlights, but you won't see it all, and certainly not a lot of the stuff outside the parks themselves.

IOA - there is no disney transport for that.. but there are various for hire options you could call in to come get you.

WaterParks - I highly recommend doing at least one of them.

Weather? Hot. Right now they are calling for 95+ for the next few days. It's hot and muggy.. which is why summer months are not as popular as some of the holiday weeks.

Rehabs - too early to know for sure.

Beach Club? Its wonderful. The pool is fantastic.. and the proximity to EPCOT is a nice bonus.

Boardwalk? I wouldn't build up real high expectations of what it is.. but there is food and other stuff to pick from.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Hello Dolly.

Thank you for the help. Only two people responded so far and I already got alot of info.
    Flynnibus the Days/Park part was really helpful. It might seem kind of rushed to try to do a park all in 1 day and seem more enjoyable and easy to take it by sections. Especially Epcot like you both said is huge.

Get the hopper option on your park passes. It will allow you more flexibility when you get there. You won't have to decide where to spend the extra days. You can find your favorite attractions and go hit all of them again if you like, regardless of where they are. Also - you can spend the day in one park and go do dinner or fireworks in the evening at a different park. Magic Kingdom is open later but the others close earlier - you won't want to waste the evening.
    As for the benefits of staying on the grounds - the first time we did it, I was worried that it wouldn't be worth the money - now, I wouldn't stay off the grounds. I love extra magic hours. Also, the resort is huge and it's nice to be closer to everything. When we did our family reunion there a couple of years ago, it was great because we had people driving in as well as flying. Magical express worked well for the flyers. The on ground transportation is nice - no one needed to rent a car. Waiting for the buses isn't the most fun I've ever had but it worked. Also - they'll comp all of your parking if you drive there.

I would recommend the Birnbaum guide. It'll give you practical advise with regards to which rides are good and, in particular, which rides might not work for members of your family with health issues. It also has some good planning tips.

Also - check the official Disney web site as you get closer to your time to go - you'll be able to get the schedule for extra magic hours and any ride closures they will be doing.

I hope this helps - enjoy your trip - you'll never run out of things to do there.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

ohhh ohhh give me till after Father's day to write my own amazing thoughts on a WDW vacation. I'm full of answers and fun ideas. Since you're not leaving until next year I'm sure you can wait just a bit for my response but it will be well worth it.

And I've stayed at the Yacht Club Resort which is literally next door to the Beach Club. Basically Beach has more kids, Yacht has more adults, usually that is.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

All the info posted here is great so far, so I'm not going to add much more.

The Beach Club is a resort I've always wanted to stay at due to its proximity to EPCOT and the boat to Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS). The Cape May Cafe is a great seafood/clambake buffet there for dinner, and Beaches and Cream is an old fashioned ice cream soda fountain located there that are great restaurants. I recommend both.

Favorite restaurants in WDW:
    MK: Columbia Harbor House
    EPCOT: Seasons (In the Land)
    Le Cellier (In Canada pavilion)
    DHS: Backlot Express
    DAK: Used to be Tusker House, but haven't eaten there since the conversion to a buffet.
    Resorts: Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
    California Grill (Contemporary)
    Ohana (Polynesian)
    Earl of Sandwich (Downtown Disney)

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I am SURE I am missing some, but these are the ones I enjoy the most.

Another option to resorts is the Wilderness Lodge, which is my favorite resort on property. A gorgeous surrounding that feels a little more laid back and thousands of miles away from the theme parks, but either is a great option.

If you're going for 8 days, I would try at least one water park, as others have mentioned. I would also plan for park hopper tickets, especially since park hours can be so varied. If the Animal Kingdom closes at 6, it still gives you an option to head to EPCOT or the Magic Kingdom for a few more hours.

I have walked the Boardwalk; in terms of activity, it doesn't seem like much. There are a few clubs/bars, but not a major destination. If you're staying at the Beach Club though you're within walking distance, so I would definitely check it out.

The only other recommendation I can make is the Swan and Dolphin are in the same area as the Beach Club, enjoy almost all the same amenities (walking distance to Boardwalk, boat to EPCOT and DHS, Extra Magic Hours, etc.) but are much cheaper. If money is an issue for the Beach Club, they are wonderful resorts and a great alternative!

Buy a guidebook! It's definitely a great investment, especially for the first time. I Also, for restaurant menus, etc, and GREAT planning advice, I would recommend allears.net

Good luck! And if you have more specific questions about reviews of specific restaurants, then feel free to ask here!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Those places to eat are good and I have a few more -
    MK: Crystal Palace - we did the character lunch there once and the food was really good. Also-Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland
    DAK: The Flame Tree BBQ. It's my favorite place since they converted Tusker.
    EPCOT: The counter service bakery in Norway - they have great sandwich and bakery choices. The San Angel Inn in Mexico is excellent. The setting is always night and it's on the River of Time - very pretty.

• Hello Dolly.

Thanks for the help guys i appreciate it.
    Restuarants you guys gave me really helped because I dont know any great places to eat there.
    Looking forward to your thoughts Micoofy Duck.

• Misses WDW

We've been a couple times to WDW, most recently in May. We stayed @ the Beach Club this last time and had a blast.

It is a very nice hotel that feels intimate, even though it is quite long. The pool is a one of a kind series of pools that can easily take a day to enjoy. There is nothing cooler than having a sandy bottom pool! They have two slides there, a kiddie one that is located @ the base of the big one. I only did the big one twice because it was pretty fast!

The Cast Members @ the Beach Club (and pretty much anywhere else @ WDW) are amazing and very attentive. Cape May for breakfast is pretty good and does feature Donald, Goofy, & Minnie. The dinner is character free and seems a bit lacking compared to other WDW dinners. It is very convenient though if you are staying there.

They have a really cool activities schedule that features games @ the pool and concludes with a campfire & movie on the beach. We walked by it many times and wanted to stop, but the thought of going up to the room won over.

Speaking of rooms, They are great! Really comfy beds, flat screen tv, and a view to die for! We requested (based off many recommendations) Room 4617 and were not let down. It is one of the few rooms that have a full balcony. Perfect for sitting back and hearing the horn of the friendship boats!

I've included some pictures below (if I did it right) of Beach Club things you might like, including a view from our room. We've stayed @ Caribbean Beach Twice and also French Quarter. Next time, We are looking to either splurge and go Animal Kingdom Lodge or go back to Caribbean Beach, but take the cruise! I'm voting for Cruise!

One last thing. For dinner, Liberty Tree Tavern @ Magic Kingdom is really good. It's basically thanksgiving dinner served family style..We also found out that you can request cranberries with your meal, which is one of their secret items!

• Banned User

I'd like to add a few things. First, I agree about getting a good WDW/Orlando travel guide book and reading it through before your visit. Second, you asked about must see attractions. For a group that has been to Disneyland before, absolutely don't miss:

Magic Kingdom: Haunted Mansion (better version than DL after the refurb), Country Bears and Carousel of Progress (you'll never see them at DL again), Mickey's PhilHarmagic (best 3D movie ever). MK also has superior versions of Splash Mountain and Snow White, and don't forget that Fantasyland has Fast Pass. So you can ride Peter Pan without waiting for 45 minutes.

Epcot: Mission: Space and Test Track are the must rides, but most of Epcot is not available at DL, and worth exploring. Don't miss The American Adventure, the best attraction in the World Showcase.

Disney Hollywood Studios: DHS has the best version of Tower of Terror. Rock 'n Roller Coaster is a must ride. The Great Movie Ride is fun, and most of the shows in the park are good. Toy Story Mania has Fast Pass. Nuff said.

Animal Kingdom: Almost everything in this park is not available at DLR. The must sees are Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Dinosaur and The Lion King show. Explore the nature trails to see more exotic live animals.

Also I would recommend extending your trip to ten days or longer, if you can. WDW is HUGE! As it is, you're giving yourselves six days to explore four theme parks for the first time, plus one day for Universal and one rest day. That's pretty tight during June, when the parks are crowded and wait times long. And don't forget travel time between parks and your hotel.

As for Universal, I would recommend visiting both parks. There isn't much difference in price between a one park entry and a two park park hopper. I would recommend allocating two days for Universal, but if you really only have one day, you can still see most attractions in both parks by showing up first thing in the morning and getting Express Pass. This is like an unlimited Fast Pass, but you do have to pay extra for it. However, if you stay at a Universal hotel for the days you will be at Universal, they throw in the Express Passes for free.
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 06-21-2009 at 11:20 PM.

• Diamond Edition

1) How are the crowds in June. We are trying to go for 8 days and arrive Monday June 7th,2010.

The parks are very crowded all summer, but especially in June. Kids are just out of school and families like to go right away to kick off their summer. So you will definitely want to take advantage of the Fast Pass service and Extra Magic Hours.

In addition to having your "Key to the World" serve as your room key, charge card, and park ticket if you choose that option, guests at Walt Disney World Resorts get to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. Each day, a designated park is open one hour early for resort guests and a different park is open three hours later. Disney posts their schedule well in advance so that you can plan your trip around the Extra Magic Hours.

3) Are there any must see rides, shows, and just cool things to look at(even the little stuff).

Of course! At Magic Kingdom, you must ride the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Carousel of Progress, Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, Mickey's Phillar Magic, Goofy's Barnstormer, and Country Bear Jamboree, in addition to seeing Wishes and Spectromagic. At Epcot, try to do everything, except for maybe Soarin' which is the same here except for the line. Make sure you experience Illuminations as well. At Disney's Hollywood Studios, you should ride everything that doesn't have a duplicate in Disneyland such as Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3-D, and Toy Story Mania, although TSM's line is pretty spectacular. I would try to ride Tower of Terror here because it is different enough from DCA's. And you should do everything at Animal Kingdom, except for maybe Kali River Rapids. It's basically Grizzly River Run, but with worse themeing. You should do It's Tough to be a Bug because the line winds through the roots of the Tree or Life and you can get some excellent views from there. Downtown Disney is very different as well and you should plan some time there. If you get water park fun and more options, definitely use them to visit Disney Quest and the two water parks if you have the time. And if your budget allows, try to see La Nouba. It's excellent.

4) Any resturants you recommend we must see or go eat at? We heard about Mythos at Island of Adventure did any of you guys like it?

I've never eaten at Mythos, but I haven't heard good things from friends and I read somewhere that they paid to be rated number one. I don't know if there is truth to that. But for dining in Disney World, here are my favorite restaurants in each park. At Magic Kingdom, I love the Liberty Tree Tavern, but there is also the novelty of eating in the castle at Cinderella's Royal Table if you can afford it and get a reservation. At Epcot, I love Teppan Edo in Japan and The Garden Grille in The Land. At Disney's Hollywood Studios, both Sci-Fi Dine In Theater and the 50's Prime Time Cafe are very fun, but the best food is found at The Brown Derby. At Animal Kingdom, I'm a big fan of Yak & Yeti. And at Downtown Disney, I think all the restaurants are great except for Paradiso 37. The T-Rex is new and pretty unique, Planet Hollywood is an oldie, but goodie, and if you love sea food, then Fulton's Crab House is really amazing.

Epcot and Magic Kingdom. They are the biggest parks and offer the most to do. You would probably get more out of Epcot as someone who is familiar with Disneyland. I personally think Disneyland does it better than Magic Kingdom, but you should try to do everything because many of the rides that are the same are still pretty different.

As others have pointed out, Disney doesn't transport you off of Disney property (except to and from the airport or Disney Cruise Line) so you should get a cab. Don't rent a car since you won't need it the rest of your trip.

7) Do you think we should use one of our 6 days on the waterparks or do you suggest we just use those days to explore the parks some more?

Disney's water parks are pretty special, so it really depends on what you are in the mood for. If you are big water park fans, then you should use your extra Magic Kingdom day at Blizzard Beach, which I think is the better of the two water parks. It is bigger and has more slides, so the lines are slightly shorter, plus the theming is really unique for central Florida.

Hot and rainy. Pack panchos, shorts, and lots of sunscreen. It's also humid, so be prepared to feel sicky.

Since it is a year away, its hard to tell. Disney posts planned closures on their website a few months in advance, so you will know ahead of time what shouldn't be running. Disney tries to keep big things running during the summer when they do a lot of business. This is a rare summer to have something as big as Space Mountain closed for the whole time.

Beach Club

It's great and I highly recommend it. We love staying there and it has the best pool on Disney property, which is only available to guests at the Yach and Beach Club.

They are, but you do pay more for those rooms. If you aren't going to spend lots of time in the room, I would save the money and get a parking lot view and put the money towards food or La Nouba.

Lots of them. Since you are looking at Deluxe Resorts, I think Boardwalk across the lake is really great as well. In addition, as Vacation Club Members, we really love Old Key West. But really, all of the Resorts are great within your price range (except for Saratoga Springs. Don't stay there).

It is for adults. Kids enjoy the pool and the games if they are open, but get bored with the rest. Also, there isn't a ton of shopping to do. There is a Waylan Galleries and then a typical Disney gift shop and a candy store. The real draw is the entertainment (Atlantic Dance Hall and Dueling Pianos) and the restaurants (Spoodles, Flying Fish, ESPN Club, etc...). Its a nice short walk from your resort.

As others have mentioned, you should get a guide book to familiarize with the resort. I recommend Birnbaum's, which is actually published by Disney and is the only official guide. The 2009 version is out now and the 2010 version will be out sometime in the Fall, so maybe you should wait for that since it will be more accurate to your trip.
    Last edited by goofystitch; 06-21-2009 at 11:48 AM.

• Hello Dolly.

All this information is great and majorly helping us. When I showed my parents this site they were like whoa what great site is this. lol
    Thanks OhanasRules for the pictures too. If we could afford it we really want a nice view and balcony and was curious about how it looks . Those pictures were perfect, even more since we searched and searched for balcony views on the web and found none.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

1) How are the crowds in June. We are trying to go for 8 days and arrive Monday June 7th,2010.

Well I have been during then end of June through July 4th and boy was it crowded, but mostly at Epcot and The Magic Kingdom. Soarin had like a 4 hour wait and Magic Kingdom had long waits and huge crowds during the fireworks. Now true it was closer to 4th of July but I would expect you planning out your Fast Passes in order of which rides you want to do first on top of getting to the park before it opens.

Extra Magic Hours is one huge benefit. Especially the staying open up to 3 hours after closing for resort hotel guests only. Really love that one. Also if your family is a morning one meaning you all get up super early then head an hour early to the park that is having Extra Magic Hours. Just remember not every park has EMH, you'd have to look ahead on the calendar to better plan which days as their EMHs and when it is best for you to take advantage of them.

If I were you I'd get my hands on some park maps through ebay, if possible or have someone print out the maps via a picture found via google.com's picture search. Better yet sign up with DisneyWorld.com and get those free set of maps delivered to your house. Select all attractions, shows and rides to appear on your map and when you get them in the mail start going through them and figure out what you want to do based on just looking at a map.

Once you have your own must sees then ask a question here or there here on MiceChat about your selected attraction of choice. Example: Magic Kingdom's Tiki Room, Thoughts? Hidden Detail? Best Seating?

Since you all have about a year to plan then I believe you'll have plenty of time to round up information. Don't forget to grab a journal of some kind from a bookstore and jot down all the info you think would be helpful in making your trip to WDW less stressful and more time effecient that makes your day well spent rather than a day wasted on mistakes and common errors.

Here's another head hurting question. I like to think of picking out WDW resturants kinda like playing that game "Guess Who?" Ask questions that would eliminate your choices and better define your selections so your head won't hurt trying to select the "best" of the best. I suspect Disneyland dining is easy with such few options whereas WDW has far too many options that the pain of selecting the very best becomes an endless crisis.

Example. Do you want Character Dining? If so, would you rather have breakfast, lunch or dinnner? Which theme park would you like to have a character dining experience with? If you don't want character dining in a theme park then would you rather have the character dining experience at a WDW resort? Which type of Characters do you want to see? Cinderella or Mickey Mouse? You see how this works, your selections become more precise and to the point. Then once you have your selections down to a very select few then start researching them online.

I know WDW's website has a page for each resturant and most of them have a pdf file format of the current menu. Don't forget to call Disney Dining for any questions you can't find online. Remember to always double check your information with Disney Dining as our advice here and on websites could change at any moment but you should already know this with your Disneyland dining experience.

I personally would spend an extra day at the Magic Kingdom & Epcot. Even though AK boasts they are bigger than MK it really is the property that is bigger, not the walking area or amount of attractions. If you want a full day experience, the most bang for your buck then spend an entire day at the Magic Kingdom with a rest period during the day to venture out to the surrounding hotels to sight see, ride the monorail/boats, etc. I mean let's face it, DL does not have the Grand Floridian Hotel, the Polynesian hotel, The Contemporary Hotel, the Wilderness Lodge and the only way you may have the time to see this is with a rest period from another full day at the Magic Kingdom. Hotel sight seeing really is a must do at WDW.

It sort of gives you a up close impression on hotels that you may want to stay at on your next visit. Don't forget when you head to the hotel front lobby to ask them any questions you have in mind and always ask for a hotel map to take home for future trip purposes.

Epcot of course would be my other choice. My reasoning for this is on your 1st day at Epcot make Future Showcase your morning experience, World Showcase your night experience and then on your 2nd visit make World Showcase your morning experience with Future Showcase your night experience. A flip flop day experience spread out over 2 days. That way you don't try to rush from one side of the park to the other to experience something when you know you have 2 solid days to play with.

I'll post more answers to your other questions tomorrow.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 06-22-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Early June is not light traffic, but frankly the crowds aren't as much of a problem as the heat. June is very humid and hot. I think if I were trying to help someone plan their first trip to WDW I would recommend a different date. Of course with lots of people school calendars are a big factor, so I can only say this, as soon as you get there buy yourself a case of bottled water and stick bottles in the fridge... take at least two per person with you each day. You will need to drink plenty of water and the water in Orlando has the nastiest taste of any water I've had, and bottled water in the parks is very expensive.

The main benefit is the free parking and extra magic hours... The park charge I think 13 dollars a day now for parking which can add up. The side benefits are more emotional, lots of disney touches especially the moderates and deluxe resorts. Some like the free transport to and from the parks, I will use it if I'm at a monorail resort but I rent a car if I'm staying at any other resort because my past experience with the buses at Disney has ranged from acceptable to downright horrible (and it doesn't seem to matter if its a value, moderate or deluxe resort - the worst experience was using transport between KM and the Animal Kingdom resort) so if you don't like lines consider adding a rental car into your budget.

Also the extra magic hours are specific to certain parks and for certain days... so don't expect MK to be open early for you every day, it will only be open early on say a Thursday and a Tuesday... and the days it isn't open early a different park will be open early... also if a park is open early it wont be open late... this can be something to think about if you are planning reservations in a park and don't have park hopper tickets, you might have plans for something in Epcot but the early and late hours are at other parks... these hours can change from one season to the next so don't assume they are cast in stone. The benefit of these is also only good for people that expect to spend every waking hour in a park, for my family we have used it maybe 1 time in the past 5 trips (young kids don't need extra hours as much as extra naps) so you have to decide if these will benefit you or not.

Rides and attractions are a matter of taste. I've seen shows others didn't like and my family did and shows that were claimed to be great and my family walked out. I would suggest that you make a list of attractions and shows and then let everyone in the family go through it and see if anything looked like a have to see and put that on a list... then just enjoy the rest if you over plan you wont have as much fun.

Here is an area where you might want to change your plan slightly. You can sometimes get a very good discount on rooms if you have an annual pass. Look for special deals and you might find that you can get the room you want for enough less than you could with out an annual pass to cover the cost of the pass itself. And note your whole family doesn't need an annual pass only the person paying for the room. The last time I bought one it wasn't because we were planning on going more than the one trip during the year, it was because it saved me so much off the room that it paid for itself.

Water parks are up to you. Just remember in June you need to keep the sunscreen handy because its very easy to burn like a lobster.

Hot and humid.... if you are flexible the best weather is the winter time... followed by spring and fall... summer isn't a nice time in Florida... also take your rain coats for the afternoon thunder storms... they don't last long, just enough to make it humid.

Check the disney site in maybe another month or so.. they have a list but this far out it might not be that accurate... but expect it to be very accurate when you get to the 6 months before time frame.

About the Beach Club Resort.

We pretty much made up our mind on staying at the Disney's Beach Club Resort. We seemed to like it the most from the info we found out but I'd like to hear the people of micechat's opinion about this resort.

depends on what you are looking for... I assume you are looking for moderate priced resorts (which is good the value resorts are not really worth it)... if you want lots of space and don't care about the extent of disneyfication you might also look at a cabin. They provide more room than any of the moderates unless you are looking at suites. You also have more privacy and the ability to cook on a real stove if you so desire... they do however have some issues you might not like. They don't have room service. They are a long walk or a bus ride from the pool (you can rent golf carts while you are there but they are pricey).

You might hangout there, but I doubt you would kill much time shopping unless you are the type of person that could go to the same mall every day and shop the same stores over and over.

Oh there is one other nice thing about the annual pass... you don't have to pay for your entire stay at the hotel up front 45 days before you arrive. You only have to pay for the first night so if things come up and you can't go or decided to change things at the last minute you only lose 1 nights charge and not the whole stay.

Oh and last but not least, if you plan on doing any character meals while you are there you want to book them as soon as possible. They often fill up very early with the hardest to get being the breakfast in the castle (not that I would recommend you try that it is probably the worst deal there unless you have young daughters that like princesses). If you want to save money consider booking a character meal at the earliest time they serve lunch and you can skip breakfast. The best place to do that is the magic Kingdom at the Crystal Palace (pooh character if that helps or hurts) as its perfectly situated in a park so you lose very little time getting to it... most character meals at the resorts are only good deals if you are staying at the resort because of the wasted time getting to and from them from your hotel or park... the only exceptions might be Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary or 1900 Park Fair at the Grand Floridian as they are both on a monorail stop so you don't lose a lot of time if you are going to or from the magic kingdom.
    Last edited by Thomas998; 06-23-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast