Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Diamond Edition

Re: Luxo Jr. Makes It's Debut @ DHS!

I was at DHS yesterday and my main reason for going was to see Luxo Jr. However, I was dissappointed to see his door was permanently open when it should have been closed and I could see him just sitting in there. Judging by the videos I have seen, this is not the way the show is supposed to go. After about 5 minutes of waiting, the area music dimmed and the Luxo music started. I saw him stand a little more erect, jerk forward about two inches, and then the music stopped. The regular area music started, he folded down completely so that he was no longer visible, and the doors still didn't close. We waited around for another 20 minutes. He is supposed to do a show every 15, so we gave it an extra 5 minutes. Hopefully he won't be so shy next time I visit the park.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Unfortunately, Luxo Jr.'s shutter doors have had a syncing issue, as well as him syncing up with the night lighting on the trees. It will be fixed in good time.

You didn't see him yesterday in the middle of the day because of the syncing issues, and because of the rain and lightning in the area. Sorry about that!

And will everyone (not any members here, just other websites such as Jim Hill and Laughing Place) please stop calling him "A Living Character." Ever since Denise posted her video claiming it was a Living Character, everyone thinks he is! He's NOT! The definition of a living character is a character who is being operated by an actual person behind the scenes, so he can interact with a guest in real time. Luxo Jr. is not living. He's automated to do a show every 15 minutes. Saying he's a living character is like saying that the Barker Bird at the Tiki Room was a living character, or even saying that the Fountain of Nations at Epcot is a "Living Fountain." Because you think that it is a living character, the top guns at WDI are now re-thinking that whole initiative, because obviously you can't tell the difference, so why invest in the program?!

Sorry to be on my soapbox.
    -Bill

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Because you think that it is a living character, the top guns at WDI are now re-thinking that whole initiative, because obviously you can't tell the difference, so why invest in the program?!
    I hope WDW does rethink the living character, because Monsters Inc and the Stitch show, both living characters, are huge wastes of time. The ones of quality, like the Muppets, have disappeared forever, which seems like a waste of time and resources. Why not use the money to fix what's broken, instead of creating something and having it disappear, or creating a shoddy product.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Diamond Edition

Thanks for the info Bill. I knew that he wasn't a living character, but I wasn't aware of the technical problems they've been having. It wasn't raining when I was there, though. The issue seemed to be that Luxo got stuck on a previous show and that to unstick him, they started another show. It looked like he made a pretty forceful jerk. The movement almost reminded me of Johnny 5. Then the music stopped and he folded up completely so that he was out of sight. I'll be back in the park on Tuesday just because, so hopefully everything will work properly. I wasn't mad that he wasn't working though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234