• Iron-Clad Allie

HoP Obamatronic and Fireworks Viewing Dessert Buffet

WDW - Magic Kingdom

Rumor has it that this week WDW gave guests a sneak peak performance of the upgraded Hall of Presidents show. The Obamatronic is said to be added, as well as an enhanced projection system.

Those interested in the "Wishes" Fireworks Viewing Party dessert buffet (at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station) should reserve a spot by calling 407-WDW-DINE. Adults $17.99. Kids $9.99.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 06-26-2009 at 11:58 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Sneak Peek At HoP Obamatronic...Sweet Peek At Fireworks Viewing Dessert Buffet

I can't believe the new dessert buffet crap. I did pay for the Fantasmic at both parks, DL and WDW, and while the DL was well worth it, espeically before they took that away for the Dream Suite, the WDW wasn't worth it, are you kidding me- preferred seating all the way on the right side of the stage- BLLSHT!

Anyways, this new offering is something I won't be taking part in. The price may make sense for a couple/single parent with a few kids, I guess, but a traveling part with a limited budget.. oh hell no.

As for the Obama thing, I'll finally go see the Presidents show as I always bypass it for something else. Even on my eventful 10 day trip some years ago I still didn't make time for that show.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Sneak Peek At HoP Obamatronic...Sweet Peek At Fireworks Viewing Dessert Buffet

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I can't believe the new dessert buffet crap. I did pay for the Fantasmic at both parks, DL and WDW, and while the DL was well worth it, espeically before they took that away for the Dream Suite, the WDW wasn't worth it, are you kidding me- preferred seating all the way on the right side of the stage- BLLSHT!

Anyways, this new offering is something I won't be taking part in. The price may make sense for a couple/single parent with a few kids, I guess, but a traveling part with a limited budget.. oh hell no.

As for the Obama thing, I'll finally go see the Presidents show as I always bypass it for something else. Even on my eventful 10 day trip some years ago I still didn't make time for that show.
    Lucky you, Micoofy Duck! Hope you find the show totally enjoyable. Plus, it's always fun to watch a new president added to the mix.

Although it's a moot point with some, the food prices at both WDW and DLR are too steep. As for the quality of the WDW dessert buffet, I will be interested in how others weigh in on the subject.

• Diamond Edition

I'm excited to see the new Obama AA and as for the fireworks desert buffet, I would say it is most ideal for people who have been to the parks before and already seen Wishes. The best place to see it is on Main Street with all of the people. I have seen them from the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace before and it isn't the best view, but it is certainly better than the "VIP" area, which is the smoking area in front of The Plaza.

I can't wait to see Obama's AA in The Hall of Presidents!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: HoP Obamatronic and Fireworks Viewing Dessert Buffet

I changed the title because I thought it was an actual sneak peek.

Yoyo and i are debating doing tis, but we are waiting for reviews!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I changed the title because I thought it was an actual sneak peek.

Yoyo and i are debating doing tis, but we are waiting for reviews!
    Thanks, NeverNeverland. I like your streamlining of the title better. the reviews of the buffet/firworks locale are quite interesting so far, as are the comments regarding the Obama AA.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I'm excited to see the new Obama AA and as for the fireworks desert buffet, I would say it is most ideal for people who have been to the parks before and already seen Wishes. The best place to see it is on Main Street with all of the people. I have seen them from the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace before and it isn't the best view, but it is certainly better than the "VIP" area, which is the smoking area in front of The Plaza.
    Thanks for the added info. Based on what you have said goofystitch, the dessert buffet / fireworks viewing should be a wonderful experience...although first timers like me should find a better viewing place (such as Main street) the first time we see the display.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    I can't wait to see Obama's AA in The Hall of Presidents!
    Me too! I haven't seen the Hall of Presidents as of yet.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Dessert buffet? Hmmm....I'm thinking about this. I have a HUGE sweet tooth, I mean..I JUST finished a chocolate donut. heehee. So, this is something I want to know more about. But, like Micoofy said..that's a pretty crappy place for "preferred viewing". Although, I suspect that's the ONLY place they had to do something like this. I may just be happier with my Plaza sundea and seat in front of the statue.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I was hoping for a sneak peak of HoP while I was there this week, but didn't see any signs of it except that the tarps are all down now.

Desert Buffet? Skip it.. the view kinda stinks from Noodle Station.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Did they also update all the rest of AA presidents or did they just add Obama??

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    Did they also update all the rest of AA presidents or did they just add Obama??
    Not upgrade, but freshened movements and placement, so you're not jumping back and forth across the stage to see them.

Lincoln, Washington, and Obama were all upgraded I believe, as Lincoln's part has altered and Washington now has a speaking role.

How much each is refreshed is most likely nowhere near Obama's though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

^Thanks, I think I got what you mean now.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Dessert buffet? Hmmm....I'm thinking about this. I have a HUGE sweet tooth, I mean..I JUST finished a chocolate donut. heehee. So, this is something I want to know more about. But, like Micoofy said..that's a pretty crappy place for "preferred viewing". Although, I suspect that's the ONLY place they had to do something like this. I may just be happier with my Plaza sundea and seat in front of the statue.
    A delicious Plaza Sunday and a premo view sounds wonderful to me.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I was hoping for a sneak peak of HoP while I was there this week, but didn't see any signs of it except that the tarps are all down now.

Desert Buffet? Skip it.. the view kinda stinks from Noodle Station.
    Guess you had to be extremely lucky to catch the one time peek at the upcoming show.

Most people reponding to this thread seem to be using their "noodles" to recommend better viewing areas other than the dessert buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Not upgrade, but freshened movements and placement, so you're not jumping back and forth across the stage to see them.

Lincoln, Washington, and Obama were all upgraded I believe, as Lincoln's part has altered and Washington now has a speaking role.

How much each is refreshed is most likely nowhere near Obama's though.
    The advanced Obama AA should be fascinting to watch.