Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Hidden Trail at DAK?

Ok, I've been looking online for an answer to this and the closest I can get to it is, "Between Africa and Asia".

Someone mentioned to me there is an hidden pathway that's open to the public but because it is overgrown now, it's not noticeable anymore.

Does anyone know where this is? Specifically? I'd really like to check this out!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Hidden Trail at DAK?

The best I can remember Summer is it is by the smoking area there. It might even start off on it and deviate from there. I do know that part of it requires you to cross a small stream. I did read that once as well.

I've been looking for it for a long time too! I'll look in my books to see if I can find a better answer for you.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Diamond Edition

That is weird. I had never heard of it. Perhaps I should go exploring one of these days...

That is soo cool! I haven't ever noticed it. It must be hard to find if only a few of the millions of people who visit Animal Kingdom have seen it.

It is soo weird/cool that you can find a secret path.. Only in Animal Kingdom!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Ok, I've been looking online for an answer to this and the closest I can get to it is, "Between Africa and Asia".

Someone mentioned to me there is an hidden pathway that's open to the public but because it is overgrown now, it's not noticeable anymore.

Does anyone know where this is? Specifically? I'd really like to check this out!
    Hi Summer.. The path you are talking about is no longer opened to the public... and appears that they let plants grow large enough that the dirt trail leading to it can hardly be found anymore. I did take the trail several times.. it was found on the walkway between Africa and Asia... on the left side of that path if you were walking from Africa to Asia. Note how the main trail is cut in half by a small woodsy planter.. before you arrive at the small restroom facility. There used to be a dirt trail... it would lead to an area where stepping stones used to be found, and it even crossed over a small water stream.. discreetly cutting thru the forrest behind that restroom facility. It would end on the other side of the restrooms, and if I recall well... there may be a food cart in that area now.

I have heard stories about the trail being closed permanently.. like it was being used for not-so-innocent encounters between guests and other questionable activity. Can not say that was the real reason for the closure.. I however do believe it was closed on purpose as opposed to what others may think (folliage overtaking the path). Seems like some effort was made to cover up the dirt trail that led to it from the main walkway.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Awesome, I knew someone would know! Sad that it's not open to the public anymore, I think that would have been great for exploration!

Was it before the Flights of Wonder location? I know there's that path that goes up the hill and comes down the other side, I wonder if that's the area you are talking about?

That area is fresh in my head from my recent visit. I did notice a dirt path of sorts a little further back in that walkway but I'm trying to remember what restrooms you are talking about.

Maybe one day you can meet me in the park and point it out, I'd still like to know where it was, even if we can't walk it. That's still really neat.

• Shubisha

Don't they still use that path, if only a part of it, to reroute guests during the parade?

• Diamond Edition

I think I'll try to go to DAK to check it out after the craziness of this week is over. I avoid parks the week surrounding the 4th of July like the plague. I am very intrigued by this "lost" path and I have every intention of finding its location and asking cast members if they know what is back there. Perhaps almandot is right and it is still used during parades. I know the Magic Kingdom will reroute you behind Main Street if the park is busy enough and you are entering during Spectromagic, so maybe this is DAKs solution to get more guest flow on busy days when Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade is tying up the street.

I still go down it, but it isn't really maintained anymore. However, I experience far worse in the woods around my house. It is on the trail between Africa and Asia. If you look on a map, you will see a smoking section marked on the map. In the smoking section, you will find a shelter with a sitting area. You enter the path on the side of the shelter closest to Africa. It provides a nice little photo area. I'm about to head out for a bit, but when I get home, I'll post some pictures if I can find them.

Entrance (you can see the pole of the shelter on the right of the picture):

Stepping Stones on the path:

The Waterfall You Pass By:

• Diamond Edition

How cool! Thanks for the pics! I'll have to go check it out. I wonder if the path was intentionally overgrown for liability reasons? Those stepping stones look like a careless person could really hurt themselves.

• Banned User

Thanks for posting the photos Krankenstein. Now at least SummerInFl can appreciate what I posted up above.

Thanks for posting the pictures, so if someone new where the trail was, do you think it would be possible to take the trail?
    -Tyler

• Shubisha

yes. as long as it's not roped off just go back there and no one will care :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    Thanks for posting the pictures, so if someone new where the trail was, do you think it would be possible to take the trail?
    I go down it still. No one has said anything to me about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast