• Makin' Movies !

At The Opera House, Waitin' For Mr. Lincoln!

Planning a trip to Walt Disney World

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to plan a trip to Walt Disney World, and wanted to know if anyone had any advice on any deals, packages, tips, etc. I posted in this forum because I want to hear from anyone with information about going from southern California to Orlando. When is the best time to go? I'd like to go sometime between now and the end of the year, but want to try to save a little money. I'm thinking maybe leaving here on a Monday, and staying till the next Saturday or Sunday. I don't care too much about buying souvenirs, Shooting some video and taking pictures is good enough for me. I don't want to be too cheap, but I don't want to break the bank either. Any must see places? Should I stay on property, or somewhere else and rent a car?

Any information will be appreciated!

Re: Planning a trip to Walt Disney World

Right now...both Disney website and AAA Club are offering very good packages..ones that include Disney Dining for free...a very good deal.

Not all property hotels have available rooms for the dates you might want, so I'd look into it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Video View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm trying to plan a trip to Walt Disney World, and wanted to know if anyone had any advice on any deals, packages, tips, etc. I posted in this forum because I want to hear from anyone with information about going from southern California to Orlando. When is the best time to go? I'd like to go sometime between now and the end of the year, but want to try to save a little money. I'm thinking maybe leaving here on a Monday, and staying till the next Saturday or Sunday. I don't care too much about buying souvenirs, Shooting some video and taking pictures is good enough for me. I don't want to be too cheap, but I don't want to break the bank either. Any must see places? Should I stay on property, or somewhere else and rent a car?

Any information will be appreciated!
    Since my wife is a teacher, we can pretty much only go during the summer, or during the busiest times (Christmas, Easter). I've heard early December is a good time to go (smaller crowds and nice weather). Also mid to late January.

We've stayed offsite mostly because with three kids, our options at Disney hotels are very limited. We've loved staying at Floridays Resort condos that give us extra space (2 BR, 1,100 sq ft.) and are cheaper than the smaller rooms at Disney hotels. We come out ahead (and are much more comfortable) even after paying for a rental car. We've also saved some money by buying some souvenirs at places like Walgreen's & Publix grocery store near the condos. The farthest park is about a 20 minute drive.

There's lots of trip planning information including hotel & park guides, tips etc. at: www.DisneyVacations4Families.com. Check it out.
    Have a Magical day!

Check out: DisneyVacations4Families.com!
    • Theme park guides
    • Vacation planning tips
    • Orlando hotel, condo, & rental home info
    • Walt Disney World photo galleries

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If money is a factor, you can stay at a decent hotel off-site that's close by and rent a car, which will also give you more freedom to visit more than just WDW if you choose. Next year, the Harry Potter area of Islands of Adventure over at Universal will be opening, so that might be something you'd be interested in checking out if you're into Harry Potter. Plus IOA itself is a great park, as is the Universal Studios park. Sea World just opened their new Manta coaster a little over a month ago and I heard it's awesome. Plus there's the silly, kitchy stuff around Kissimmee and Orlando you might want to check out if you're into that kind of stuff.

I went last Early December and it was the perfect time. Nice weather, low crowds. I stayed on Property at Pop Century and loved it. I booked through AAA and got 20% off of the room, very reasonable. Didn't rent a car, was very happy with Disney transportation.