Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Stupid question about EMH

I can't believe I'm asking this...but, I wanna make sure.

For our next trip, we have the military five day park hopper. Here's the question...

If we spend a full day in epcot...can we go to MK for the evening EMH on the same day of the ticket....or will it count as another day? I'm sure it still counts as one day...but, I just want to be absolutely sure. Thanks guys.

• Diamond Edition

Re: Stupid question about EMH

It will be the same day. The "park hopper" option that you have on your ticket let you do what is called "park hopping," meaning you can visit multiple parks on the same day. Basically, you could go to all 4 parks on Monday and it would all count as 1 day.

Also, if you didn't have park hoppers, you wouldn't be allowed to enter another park that day. You can only use 1 day of a multi-day ticket per-day.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Just be sure you are there before park closing. I believe they will not let you in for EMH after the park closes for non resort guests.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Diamond Edition

That is incorrect. You can enter the park as a resort guest anytime before the end of EMH. Meaning if Magic Kingdom closes at 9 and has EMH until 12, you could still enter the park at 11:59. However, they do close down most turnstiles, so only a few stay open and every member of your party needs to have a room key with them. Since you are on a Military Park Hopper, it should be separate from your room key. Every member of your party also needs a room key to do attractions and shop during EMH. They have gotten very strict about this lately.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    That is incorrect. You can enter the park as a resort guest anytime before the end of EMH. Meaning if Magic Kingdom closes at 9 and has EMH until 12, you could still enter the park at 11:59. However, they do close down most turnstiles, so only a few stay open and every member of your party needs to have a room key with them. Since you are on a Military Park Hopper, it should be separate from your room key. Every member of your party also needs a room key to do attractions and shop during EMH. They have gotten very strict about this lately.
    Has this changed since the wristband then? Perhaps I am getting confused by the old system which required the wristband, or even worse, the E-ride night.

no, we are staying on property...so, that's no problem. We are staying at the movies resort.

Thanks guys for the info!!!

• Diamond Edition

The wristbands are gone, but even when they were there you could still enter at any time during EMH as long as you had a room key. I know from experience. We once watched Illuminations at 9 and EMH at DHS started at 9. We got there around 10 and just had to show our room keys and put our park tickets in the turnstile (and do biometrics finger scans) and we got in. They told us we could come and go as we pleased until EMH was over and I have never seen this policy change.

And I was a HUGE fan of E-Ride Night. I wish they would resurrect it. For $10 extra, you got three hours in a very empty Magic Kingdom. It was wonderful. I can't even count the number of times I rode Space Mountain during each E-Ride Night I went to.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Has this changed since the wristband then? Perhaps I am getting confused by the old system which required the wristband, or even worse, the E-ride night.
    They got rid of the wristbands last fall, I believe. Now you need to show your room key at every attraction if you want to ride.

• I was deleted.

Correct, your ticket gives you FIVE days of park admission to one of the four parks. That is one full calendar day and the military tickets expire December 23rd. If you add on the five fun visits ($25 to add-on to the military ticket,) it does not allow you to hop between those locations, only the four theme parks.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Yes, the wristbands left in September as Disney has "gone green." If you think about the plastic that involved in relation to the plastic in your Key To the World Card, it adds up. It did not change with that modification from wristband to no wristband. Regardless of the wristband being required, you still needed to have your room key. Now it's just that.

For EMH, just consider Epcot closing at midnight that day instead of 9pm. You can enter whenever you wish, but just like any park close, you need to be in queue before the park closes to experience that attraction or show. Also, EVERY member of your party will need their own Key To The World card to present at the turnstile (if it's later,) but more importantly the attractions and shows for the evening. You can get a list of those attractions and dining locations open around the park, but mainly at Guest Relations.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

FYI- from my post I asked has this been a change SINCE wristbands left. I know the wristbands are gone, I just didn't know the policy had changed with them.

And goofystitch, I miss E-ride nights too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    If you add on the five fun visits ($25 to add-on to the military ticket,) it does not allow you to hop between those locations, only the four theme parks.
    what is that? what does that mean?

• Pilot EdForceOne

That is the 'water parks and more' option. Those include a # of visits to thinks like DisneyQuest and the water parks. The # of visits depends on the # of days on your ticket. But the number is high enough that it's normally a non-issue with potentially not having enough.

With the park hopper, what you are asking is exactly what you should do. Enjoy a park, and then head off to another to top the night off. EMH in the morning are always a good bet. EMH in the evening used to be a problem in that it attracts a lot more guests, on a limited # of rides.. so it had an effect of magnifying the crowds. The # of attractions open during EMH has expanded a good bit, so that helps. But as a rule of thumb for evening hours.. the later the time, the better the crowd levels. If there is EMH for 12-3am for instance at MK.. by 1am... most things are walk-on.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

we did get the water park option. We have never been...so, planning on going to Typhoon Lagoon one morning.

• Pilot EdForceOne

It's awesome. I'm a little biased towards BB myself, but I think that's because it's a bit newer and different for me.

Get a shady spot in one of the many nooks off the paths if you can to plant your butts and stuff. That's one of the main reasons to be there early is to get a decent 'home base'.

Another tip is.. the water parks really do start emptying out in the late afternoon.. after 3pm to 4pm or so. So if you're looking for a break from the parks one afternoon.. don't be shy to goto one of the Water Parks for the rest of the evening till they close. You beat the lines, and if you have tweens to teens.. they'll eat it up.

Usually after you've been there a few days you have open time slots where you aren't sure what you want to do that afternoon, etc.. just don't forget the Water Parks in that decision process. If the weather is warm.. late afternoon/early evening in the Water Parks is awesome.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

ok. I get it now. I had NO idea that counted separately. Thank you SOOO much Flynn!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast