• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Jealous here of those attending Magic Kingdom's 4th Of July Fireworks! You Going?

Hopefully someone out there going will post a sweet trip report full of watermelon fireworks, intense crowd photos and good ol' fashion Magic Kingdom night shots.

Anyone plan on being there?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Jealous here of those attending Magic Kingdom's 4th Of July Fireworks! You Going?

Fireworks are overrated.

• I was deleted.

Re: Jealous here of those attending Magic Kingdom's 4th Of July Fireworks! You Going?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Fireworks are overrated.
    Yes, they can be.

I'll be in the area, but I don't plan on stepping foot inside MK on a Saturday 4th of July. You might be crazy to want to go, but it's not my cup of tea.

•   

In about and hour I plan on going to the beach in front of the Polynesian. I'm going to watch the fireworks tonight and find the best place to see all the action. Then, tomorrow I will stake out the best spot and hopefully take some decent pics.

I'm going to take pictures tonight too, but my first attempt is just a dress rehearsal.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Fireworks are overrated.
    I take that as a no, you are not going?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Diamond Edition

I would not be caught dead inside Magic Kingdom on July 4th. My family made that mistake once and we would never be that stupid again. It is the busiest day of the year. If anybody on here does go, please share your experiences as they are usually kind of funny after you calm down from the anger.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I would not be caught dead inside Magic Kingdom on July 4th. My family made that mistake once and we would never be that stupid again. It is the busiest day of the year. If anybody on here does go, please share your experiences as they are usually kind of funny after you calm down from the anger.
    What's New Year's Eve then? It didn't reach capacity today, but who knows about tomorrow.

Tonight was a bit of a zoo. MK closed at 1100, but EMH kept it open until 200am. It's a Friday, so many Guests were arriving for the weekend. Spectro was at 1030 and Guests were already lined up down Main Street by 800. The fireworks were at 900 and Guests were packing in everywhere. They were doing new things with crowd control, which meant most of the CMs were on the outside of the hub. It also meant it was one big party on Main Street, to say the least. The show was amazing though with perimeter fireworks and ones from both ends of Main Street.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

I was there tonight and shall be there again tomorrow! YEEEE! WE ALL GO MAD HERE!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I was there inside the Magic Kingdom for a 4th of July and a New Year's Eve visit. Both visits were packed, crowded and both reached a point where the park would not let any more guests in for those days.

I have NO problem with the crowds. I can handle the crowds. People I traveled with were able to handle the crowds but a big factor was they were adults, no children in my traveling party.

Had a great time and love crowded theme parks! LOVE IT! Especially a packed MK watching fireworks. The feeling is amazing when you've gotten a seat somewhere in the dead center and you look all around you.

IT'S AMAZING! That's why I'm jealous of those who are attending this year. If I lived closer I'd be there every year!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Diamond Edition

BigPigletFan wrote:
    What's New Year's Eve then? It didn't reach capacity today, but who knows about tomorrow.
    The busiest day at the Magic Kingdom has historically been July 4th. January 1st is the 2nd busiest and December 25th is the 3rd. All three days reach their maximum capacity, meaning at a certain point they turn people away instead of letting them in, but July 4th usually hits it first and the actual number of people in the park ends up being larger than the other days. I think the reason the 4th of July is more crowded than the other days is that it's in the middle of summer and most families take their WDW vacations during that time.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

And let us not forget the large amount of Brazillian Tour Groups!

• Characters are my friends

I wish I was going to be there (I've been at the MK for 4th of July the past 4 years).

Oh well, I guess I will have to make do by watching my video of the 4th of July fireworks from last year (they are amazing!).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I take that as a no, you are not going?
    Considering I don't have a penny to my name right now (I am flat broke for the next 2 weeks) and there's nothing making me want to visit WDW so far this year.... no, I'm not going.

• Goofy

i cant wait for a magic kingdom fourth of july trip report.