Adding Days to a Magic Your Way ticket

Quick question: my wife and I are planning our second trip to WDW, and bringing my parents and siblings for the first time. We got a package through a travel company that includes 5 hotel nights, 5 day park tickets (with park hopping) and a meal plan. We realized after booking that our flight back home left in the evening, so we'd still have a half day to spend in the park, and since that is the day the TTA is scheduled to reopen (we miss our peoplemover here in California) we wanted to get that 6th day added. We noted that the cost of a 6 day ticket is only a few dollars more than a 5 day. So is there any way we can add on that sixth day for the same price difference? If so, what is the easiest way to go about doing that? Thanks!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Adding Days to a Magic Your Way ticket

since you bought through a travel company - you need to go through them to modify your reservation assuming they booked you as a agent.

Normally your tickets in these bundles are tied to the hotel reservation. I'm not sure if you can modify the tickets outside the hotel reservation. One of the agents here will probably chime in.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

When I was at WDW in December, we were able to add another day on at the customer service desk at the our hotel (we were staying on-site). It was a simple procedure, and we just paid the cost of the additional day. I am not sure about off-site hotels. You can probably change it beforehand with your booking agent as well.

We're staying on-site at POFQ. By cost of additional day, do you mean the cost of a normal 1 day ticket, or the few dollars difference in price between, say, 5 day tickets and 6 day tickets? Also, were your tickets initially purchased from Disney or through a travel agent?

• Diamond Edition

Even though you bought your ticket through an agent, you can still "upgrade" it at Disney. Like Badgermann said, you can do this at your hotel's concierge, as well as at guest relations at any of the theme parks and Downtown Disney. It will cost you the difference in price between a 5 day park hopper and a 6 day park hopper. For example, lets say the difference is $10, so you will pay $10 per ticket. If your travel agent has any problem with this, or if they want to charge you more than what Disney would, then I would advise you to wait until you are at Disney World and take care of it there.

Brilliant! Thanks all for your quick, informative replies.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

We added a day, then added another 2 days. We were charged whatever the additional day would have been on a multiday, meaning if we had 4 and added a 5th, the difference was whatever a 5day park hopper cost vs. a 4 day. The more days are on the ticket, the cheaper it is per day, etc. so it wasn't much money.

Sorry if I'm incoherent, brain is tired.

No matter how a Magic Your Way ticket is bought, no matter if it was part of a package or bought from an authorized ticket wholesaler, no matter whether you used a travel agent or booked the trip yourself, ANY Magic Your Way ticket may be upgraded.

The upgrade can be done before the trip, or can be done at any time during the trip. The cost will be IDENTICAL either way. There is NO monetary advantage to doing it before the trip versus doing it while you are in the midst of enjoying WDW.

And as long as you are adding to the cost of the ticket and not deducting from it, Disney will allow you to do it after your package is booked, at any time, without any penalty. It's only if you are making a ticket "smaller" that there are restrictions and possible penalties.

As far as upgrading the ticket on-site ... again, it will be exactly the same cost as if you did it in advance. Past the 4th day, each additional day costs exactly $3 + 6.5% sales tax. Yes, only 3 bucks a day.

The only "HOWEVER" to any of this is that once a ticket is first used, you can only add to it or upgrade it within 14 days. That "14 days from first use" window applies even if it's a No Expiration ticket. That's right ... even though the entitlements on a No Expiration ticket never expire, you still have only 14 days from the first use of the ticket to make any additions. In other words, if you buy an 8-day No Expiration ticket now, use 5 days, and then for your next trip next year you want to upgrade the existing 3 days to a park hopper, you won't be permitted to do it because the ticket was first used more than 14 days from the time you attempt to do the upgrade.