•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

What are some Refreshing Frozen Treats?

I was just reading an old TR in the DL forum, and the poster mentioned a sour slushie like thing called Tinker Bell's Twist. I know DLR also has frozen apple juice and a smoothie stand ... I was wondering what kind of similar items WDW has?

I know there is the Dole Whip place by the Swiss Family Treehouse, and a few alcoholic stnads in EPCOT, but that is about it!

ETA: Slushies and such... not ice cream or those frozen lemonade cups
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 07-06-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: What are some Refreshing Frozen Treats?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I was jsut reading an old TR in the DL forum, and the poster mentioned a sour slushie like thing called Tinker Bell's Twist. I know DLR also has frozen apple juice and a smoothie stand ... I was wondering what kind of similar items WDW has?

I know there is the Dole Whip place by the Swiss Family Treehouse, and a few alcoholic stnads in EPCOT, but that is about it!
    Sunshine Tree Terrace by the exit to the Tiki Room. Orange soft serve.

Enchanted Grove.

Africa Coolpost - Frozen Coke/slushies.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 07-06-2009 at 04:23 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

there's those little popsicle stands all around. They sell that yummy frozen lemonade in the little containers. And my mother became obsessed with those popsicles that are multicolored and swirled. She loved those things.

I love going to the Plaza at the end of the day for a sundae.

And doesn't that stand in Toon Town, next to Goofy's Barn stormer, sell frozen drinks? I thought I remembered buying a real frozen lemonade there. I'm pretty sure that's where they are.

In Tomorrowland...one of the stores sells smoothies. And someplace there sells frozen blue raspberry drinks. Like, slushies. I know they are good...I ended up finishing my daughter's when she decided she was done after two sips.

• Diamond Edition

NeverNeverland wrote:
    I was wondering what kind of similar items WDW has? I know there is the Dole Whip place by the Swiss Family Treehouse, and a few alcoholic stnads in EPCOT, but that is about it!
    Actually, that is not about it. I'm not a big consumer of frozen beverages, but the ice cream place in Tomorrowland has frozen drinks. If I'm not mistaken, this is the only place in Magic Kingdom to get frozen lemonade (a slushy kind, not the frozen cup of Minuit Made). There is a place in Fantasyland across from Cosmic Ray's and kiddie corner to Mad Hatter's Tea Party that has frozen beverages as well. They have one that I vividly remember was Strawberry slush swirled with vanilla soft serve.

As you mentioned, Epcot has a frozen Margarita stand in Mexico, but the real star of the frozen treats at Epcot are found in Japan. It is called Kaki Gori and they look almost like snow cones, but are very different. They use shaved ice, so it is incredibly soft and never crunchy. They have 4 flavors, which I believe are strawberry, mandarin orange, honeydew melon, and rainbow, which is a little bit of all three. My favorite is the melon. They are very refreshing. I know that Morocco also serves frozen drinks. I got a watermelon one once, which sounds like it would be good, but it was really bad. I threw it away. It was overly sour, not the good king of sour found in a watermelon Jolly Rancher. There are also carts in Future World that serve frozen drinks, more along the lines of a Slurpee at a 7/11. I think the Edy's Ice Cream shop near the fountain serves frozen drinks as well, but I'm not sure.

Disney's Hollywood Studios has several stands throughout the park that have frozen drinks. I know that there is one outside of Indiana Jones and I believe there is another to the right of the Sorcerer's Hat, near the Brown Derby. However, the one that really sticks out in my mind is near Hollywood N' Dine, on the opposite side of the stores. It is tucked into the wall. It was a big deal for me as a kid because it was the first place I had ever had a frozen Coke. It was also a big deal because next to the machines, there is a rocket pack hanging on the wall and a helmet, both replicas of props from The Rocketeer.

Outside of Animal Kingdom, there is a cart that offers breakfast treats, coffee, and frozen drinks. I am sure there are several locations inside the park as well, but the only one I can think of is in Asia, close to Yak & Yeti. I know I had a drink from there once, but I don't remember it being very good and I can't remember what they served. I also know that this cart isn't owned or operated by Disney.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    NeverNeverland wrote:

However, the one that really sticks out in my mind is near Hollywood N' Dine, on the opposite side of the stores. It is tucked into the wall. It was a big deal for me as a kid because it was the first place I had ever had a frozen Coke. It was also a big deal because next to the machines, there is a rocket pack hanging on the wall and a helmet, both replicas of props from The Rocketeer.
    Peevey's

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Sunshine Tree Terrace by the exit to the Tiki Room. Orange soft serve.
    Twisted with vanilla. It's called a Citrus Swirl. I love them. I the Sunshine Tree Terrace is open when I'm at MK, I usually get one. NOM!

Last edited by aimster; 07-06-2009 at 05:10 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Twisted with vanilla. It's called a Citrus Swirl. I love them. I the Sunshine Tree Terrace is open when I'm at MK, I usually get one. NOM!
    I know it's a citrus swirl. I like it without too, but either way, I do like them better than a Dole Whip.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 07-06-2009 at 05:15 PM.

• Diamond Edition

I had forgotten about the Sunshine Tree Terrace because it is closed during the off season, but I have had the Citrus Swirl and those are tasty. The strawberry treat I described is available at the Enchanted Grove and is practically the same thing, strawberry slushie swirled with vanilla. I remember liking the orange better, but they were both good.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

that citrus swirl does look good. I will have to try one!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Sorry, i edited my post.. I don't want ice cream or even an ice cream type drink, just for the melting factor i'm mostly just looking for something to sip to hydrate and cool down a little while waiting in line.

Thanks for the suggestions so far... that shaved ice is a must!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

In Epcot I found the Fife and Drum stand offers smoothies made with real yogurt that accepts the DDP! They were very tasty with flavors of strawberry, bannana, tropical and even cappuchino! Most coffee stands offering frozen coffee drinks would not accept the DDP.
    Waz fo' Lunsh?

• Diamond Edition

Psyure wrote:
    Most coffee stands offering frozen coffee drinks would not accept the DDP.
    That is because most coffee stands in Disney parks aren't owned or operated by Disney. Non-Disney owned or operated restaurants are contractually obligated to let guests on the DDP use it towards a meal, but Disney has to reimburse them for it. The stands are not held to the same contract. But most parks at least serve coffee at participating DDP locations.

• Pilot EdForceOne

The frozen coke products are great for cooling off in line. They have coke, lemonade, and a blueberry and rasberry flavors as well.

The lemonade versions are basically everywhere.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Frozen blue raspberry! Man I miss those. I used to get them at baseball games.

• Pilot EdForceOne

They have them at the Peeveys stand which is on the backside of the main drag which faces the lake at DHS.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged