Talking Get Your Geek On! A freak photo(heavy) update

I was at Ft. Wilderness for the 4th and while out on a boat I got to take a picture of some ruins of Disney attractions past (because I'm just a freak XD). I caught River Country, which is looking quite scary these days, and Ye Olden Discovery/Treasure Island, including some old buildings, the "ship" out front, and an aviary. My there are a lot of vultures....

Anyone know what this dock/bridge is for?

And then because I'm a Beastlie Kingdomme freak...

Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

• Occasional Reader

Re: Get Your Geek On! A freak photo(heavy) update

I've found UK dedicated websites where people basically trespass to get pictures from inside abandoned buildings, especially public places, like old swinning baths, shopping centres etc.
    Very interesting if you went there in the day. Not advocating it, but the picture would be cool.

Where things are abandoned and left to derelict, they are usually quite interesting. Any more pics ...the google earth images are quite interesting as well. I didn't ever get to see it as a water park.
    Last edited by Thorpeedo; 07-07-2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: accidental post of half finished update

Question Re: Get Your Geek On! A freak photo(heavy) update

when did river country close, and why? i remember going there as a kid, when my family was staying at fort wilderness. i liked it, but i dont think i super loved it, mostly because it was so crowded. also i think i had wanted to go to blizzard beach because it seemed more thrilling.

i think they should put something on the discovery island spot... a nighttime hotspot strictly for lagoon water launch resort guests? ... a giant tiki bar! shame to see it go to waste.

Re: Get Your Geek On! A freak photo(heavy) update

I've heard two stories, and it was probably a combo of both : 1. a new law/ordinance/somethingoranother was passed that said you couldn't have a water park that used a natural body of water and 2. it had a low capacity and it wasn't needed after Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

Right now, I really just want to go on the island and ogle the ruins and find some cool souvenirs XD I think it would be cool if they put something there, something like DiscoveryTreasure Island but with something else besides the animals.
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present